PDA

View Full Version : Is this harsh?

Jake
28-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Right basically work lately has been messing me about, have attitude for every little thing we do wrong and the ********** is just ridiculous.

Last sat i was like am i in again tuesday, They said oh we'll text you and let you know.

So being today (tuesday) they text me 15 mins after im sposed to start saying where are you kitchen opens in 30 mins.

So i replied next bus is at 2
(which would make me late by like 3 an a half hours)

Then i get a reply sayin "****ing great, the fact that tuesday is your set day obviously means **** all"

So i replied with well i asked if i was in today on sat and you said youd text me and let me know theres no point texting me 15 mins after im sposed to be in, Im not comin in anymore so find someone else.

Like is that a bit over the top or harsh? I know ive literally just left without giving them any notice but ive just had enough of it now you text someone the night before if you want them to work dont you? :confused_

Deak
28-09-2010, 11:32 AM
To be fair they should have text or rung you saying that you are working and if that's the message you got and they've been messing you about then I reckon you have been treated unfairly. I probably would have done the same thing and walked away from the job.
Its not nice when you are just trying to do a job and they mess you about and don't even tell you that you should be in work, so that's their fault.

Neversoft
28-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I think your reaction is quite fair to be honest and I would personally do the same. They said they were going to let you know, they didn't, it's their fault, so such rude behaviour from them is completely out of order. However if Tuesday is your set day why would you doubt whether you have to go in or not?

KyoraStryker
28-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Things are a little different here in the States; back before I finished high school, the job I had would post the work schedule for the next week a week in advance.

In response to your situation, you've definitely been treated unfairly. They should have texted you more than just the night before; rather a couple days in advance.

Jake
28-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I think your reaction is quite fair to be honest and I would personally do the same. They said they were going to let you know, they didn't, it's their fault, so such rude behaviour from them is completely out of order. However if Tuesday is your set day why would you doubt whether you have to go in or not?

Just because i asked sat if i was back in tuesday and they said well text you, I dont always work tuesdays my days mix around every week but most weeks i do work tues, But i was thinkin if its a set day then why would they tell me they would text me.

Anyway thanks ill +rep all :)

Misawa
28-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd have done the same.

beth
28-09-2010, 01:08 PM
find yourself a job at a proper establishment.
MCDONALDS NEVER DO THIS TO YOU. true story, mctime always tells me at least 5 days before what my schedule is ;)

Jake
28-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I cnt work at mcdonalds my cousin works there and he would wind me up all the time :(

Apple
29-09-2010, 07:04 AM
I probably would of done the same as you, what use is it telling you 15 mins after you should of started then being all snappy with you.

I cnt work at mcdonalds my cousin works there and he would wind me up all the time :(

Forget your cousin, chances are your mates would wind you up about it. :P

It's kind of like a standing joke around here that if you don't do well in school you will end up working in McDonald's. I honestly don't think it's that bad at all, in terms of jobs there are far worse out there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!