PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get away with a Child Ticket?

marriott0.01
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
It's funny how Public Transport we all try looking younger whereas everywhere else we want to look older :L

So if you're 16 or over, can you still travel on Public Transport with a child ticket?

I can. Which comes in handy because I travel between Kent+Liverpool a lot and £40 is a lot less than £80.

Nemo
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
well i live in london and im in education so i got a 16-18 oyster card which means i travel free woopwoop

Rozi
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Erm yeah pretty sure I can, as long as I buy my ticket from a machine :)

wixard
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM
i pay school child fare on the bus even though i'm blatentely not wearing a school uniform
i'm not complaining

Narnat,
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah I can :). I sometimes get questioned but yeah.

Neversoft
04-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I haven't been able to get away with a child ticket in four years.

marriott0.01
04-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah I can :). I sometimes get questioned but yeah.

I only got questioned once, and that was from some **** on Virgin Trains in Manchester :l I've travelled with Virgin loads and they've always been nice. But this was a foreign ****. Tbh SouthEastern trains is the best to get away with it, they're helpful as well. Was on the train going into London on my way to Liverpool, and the man was like "Do you know your way to Euston?" this was on a school day, and I was like "Yeah I'll get the tube" and he was like "It's quicker to walk". I travel loads on school days to Liverpool, and never get questioned. Like what the hell :S

matt$
04-10-2010, 07:42 PM
No, because i'm growing a beard.

marriott0.01
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
No, because i'm growing a beard.

Why not shave it before getting it? :L I grew 1 for ages, then decided like I wanted to go to Liverpool, so shaved ;)

Deak
04-10-2010, 08:24 PM
lol nooo not been able to use a pass for ages, but on one occasion not so long ago my dad asked for 2 tickets on the train coming home and they just automatically gave him 1 adult n 1 child ... saved him like £1.50ish but better than nothing!

Rapidshare
04-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I worked out it cheaper using my disability cards. Im reaching near to 17 so I try not to get child tickets that often..I rather not risk it haha

danzooo
04-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Absolutely not. I struggled to get child tickets even at about 14 cos i looked older, so i havent a hope in hell now. Add that to the fact theres a driving license and national insurance card in my wallet im really screwed :P

Callum.
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
oyster card so free on tram+bus
train i buy a child travelcard for £2 all day from the machine. never get an inspecter, and they only don't work on machines if it's an event.

my mate got done for a child ticket at reading, £20 down before he got out the station

Meanies
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
i could if i wanted to.
if im getting the train somewhere i'll just use the machines and get a child. if i asked at the counter id probs be able to get a child too tho
not bad for being 18 and looking 12

Apple
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm in year 11 but I still get questioned a lot, in the morning if my coat is covering my shirt/tie they usually ask for my age and to see my school uniform. When I am not in school it's 50/50 depending on the driver. I have been meaning to get a 16 and under pass for ages.

danzooo
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
im ok for trains actually, cos my dad's a train driver i have a staff pass, and most ticket collectors just go "kl" when they see it haha

AlexOC
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
"80 PLEASE MATE"

sorted.

Moh
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Nope :(

Bus drivers think I'm over 16, bar staff must think I'm under 16. This world is messed up!

RandomManJay
04-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I had to prove I was under 16 when I was 14 >.> because I'm tall and my facial hair suddenly decided to grow around that age.

Actually, this connexions advisor said I could pass for a 19 year old when I was only 16, which is some achievement (if she wasn't boasting xD!), although it kinda felt like my teenage years were being sucked out of me if I looked like a legally classed adult three years before I was supposed to.

marriott0.01
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I had to prove I was under 16 when I was 14 >.> because I'm tall and my facial hair suddenly decided to grow around that age.

Actually, this connexions advisor said I could pass for a 19 year old when I was only 16, which is some achievement (if she wasn't boasting xD!), although it kinda felt like my teenage years were being sucked out of me if I looked like a legally classed adult three years before I was supposed to.

How could you PROVE?! The only thing they can do is ask your dob.

scott
04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Nah :( I could until I was about 17 then I had to pay an adult fair I was always scared if i asked for a child and he was like YOU'RE NOT A CHILD infront of the full bus how embarrassing that would be :( not that I use buses anyway!

marriott0.01
04-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Nah :( I could until I was about 17 then I had to pay an adult fair I was always scared if i asked for a child and he was like YOU'RE NOT A CHILD infront of the full bus how embarrassing that would be :( not that I use buses anyway!

I don't use buses, vile little things. But trains I think it's so easy to get away with because the worst they can do is ask for your dob.

---------- Post added 04-10-2010 at 11:55 PM ----------

I don't use buses, vile little things. But trains I think it's so easy to get away with because the worst they can do is ask for your dob.

scott
04-10-2010, 11:57 PM

---------- Post added 04-10-2010 at 11:55 PM ----------

hmm same on the train for me, my train station has a ticket office so I can't use a machine to buy a ticket :P

RandomManJay
04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Passport, Connexions Card, Driving License (if you're legally classed as disabled and are legally allowed to take your test at 16), and pretty much any card which has the 'PASS" hologram on it.

I used to showed them my Connexions Card. Now I whip out my license just to piss them off, then jump of the bus and run to my car (j/king :D! would be fun to do it though).

How could you PROVE?! The only thing they can do is ask your dob.

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Passport, Connexions Card, Driving License (if you're legally classed as disabled and are legally allowed to take your test at 16), and pretty much any card which has the 'PASS" hologram on it.

I used to showed them my Connexions Card. Now I whip out my license just to piss them off, then jump of the bus and run to my car (j/king :D! would be fun to do it though).

Yeah but to prove your UNDER 16 for a child ticket, you won't have any proof of ID on you? Which under 16 year old carries ID on them :L

RandomManJay
05-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Well when I was 16 I did (but I was always a bit strange in the head ;)).

Yeah but to prove your UNDER 16 for a child ticket, you won't have any proof of ID on you? Which under 16 year old carries ID on them :L

Rapidshare
05-10-2010, 06:13 AM
its not like im going to allow my 15 year old with a passport either..

Idiots

There was one time where my friend got stopped and she was 15 and this station manager rang her mum to confirm her age LMAO

Technologic
07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
If i'm in uniform then yeah lol even though im in upper sixth

Gibs960
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I can obviously, but I know people that are 16 and say they're like 14

beth
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
lol no i have ****.

qaxzsw
25-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm 14 but lyk get charged adult and some bus driver got lairy to me cuz he was really rude when I asked for a child ticket h was like your not a child dont try and scam you and I was ilke wtf, I am, he was like I'LL CHARGE YOU IT THIS TIME BUT NEXT TIME GET ID, (like hes doing me a favour) so he got the ticket and was like about to hand me it and i like went to take it and he was liek 'thanks' as if I should say thank you for his great service. so I said Thanks and gave him a dirty look then said not tehe ;D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!