PDA

View Full Version : UCAS 2011

Callum.
13-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Who's applying for uni this year? What are you applying for and what unis?

My ucas guy at school is a **** and won't look at our drafts, massive ******. I wanna do Psychology, hopefully at Sheffield or Sussex.

How have your personal statements gone?

Robbie
13-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Applying for Computer Science at

Lancaster
Staffordshire
Nottingham Trent
Salford
Manchester Met

(in order of preference)

Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
13-10-2010 (20:21) Your reference has been completed and approved. Your application has not yet been sent to UCAS.

Callum.
13-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Good luck with that Robbie.

I wanna get mine out by Friday next week, some people on TSR already have offers.

myke
13-10-2010, 09:02 PM
screams my college havent even like introduced us properly to ucas and crap so i guess i'm going to have to get my ass into gear and do it off my own back... :(

Robbie
13-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Good luck with that Robbie.

I wanna get mine out by Friday next week, some people on TSR already have offers.

Thanks, you too.

I thought I'd got mine out of the way early but Jesus some people on TSR are just too hardcore for me.

Recursion
13-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Sorting my UCAS stuff out this week too, gunna send it next week so that Unis don't think I was applying to Oxford or Cambridge and reject me lololol.

So far I have:
University of Derby - Computer Networks
University of Hertfordshire - Computer Science
The University of Nottingham - Computer Science (Foundation)

Not in order and I still need to find two more :(

Callum.
13-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks, you too.

I thought I'd got mine out of the way early but Jesus some people on TSR are just too hardcore for me.

Thanks. Yeah I know, some had finished in September and that. But half the people on there are Oxbridge/med/law students anyways.

Sorting my UCAS stuff out this week too, gunna send it next week so that Unis don't think I was applying to Oxford or Cambridge and reject me lololol.

So far I have:
University of Derby - Computer Networks
University of Hertfordshire - Computer Science
The University of Nottingham - Computer Science (Foundation)

Not in order and I still need to find two more :(

Sounds good.
I'm stuck for 2 more choices as well, harder than it sounds.

Recursion
13-10-2010, 09:24 PM
My problem is I didn't take a science or maths but still want to do Computer Science :rolleyes: :(

Callum.
13-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah I wish I had chose other subjects, but I'll be happy providing I get an offer from either Sheffield or Sussex.

Robbie
13-10-2010, 09:40 PM
My problem is I didn't take a science or maths but still want to do Computer Science :rolleyes: :(

Same here but I've visited 4 out of 5 of those unis and none need maths or science which was my main worry. I just emphasised my existing programming knowledge etc in my personal statement

Recursion
13-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Added Manchester Met to my list now. I'm not sure on Comp Sci tbh, I'm more a hardware/networking/software kinda guy than programming.

Robbie
13-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Added Manchester Met to my list now. I'm not sure on Comp Sci tbh, I'm more a hardware/networking/software kinda guy than programming.

Yeah but there's quite a few module options on that, particularly at Lancaster and Staffordshire. Lancasters in the top 10 in the league tables and only requires BBB. Of course league tables generally mean nothing anyway, and Staffordshire has a well respected computing department and most of their courses are accredited by BCS, IMIS and Cisco (it's also a Cisco academy)

Recursion
14-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Toot toot, got 5 Uni choices... not in order though.

Hertfordshire Uni
- Computer Science

Loughborough Uni
- Computer Science (Foundation Year)

Manchester Met Uni
- Computer Science

Nottingham Uni
- Computer Science (Foundation Year)

Staffordshire University
- Computer Science

Rapidshare
14-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Uni of Herts is close to me..

I CAN COME AND SEE YOU H3H3H3 ;).

I wont be applying for any unis as I got this year and next year to complete my course!

However, good luck with everybody into getting into uni xx

Technologic
14-10-2010, 03:15 PM
My application got sent off, approved and processed on the 27th September lol

Applying for Medicine (A100) at:

-University of Leeds
-Keele University
-University of Nottingham
-Peninsula Medical School

That's my order of preference

Callum.
15-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Got my teacher references done, now just need the one from my main teacher. Got to get my education bit filled in properly, then sending it off Wednesday, yayyyyyyyy.

mr.tom
15-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Who's applying for uni this year? What are you applying for and what unis?

My ucas guy at school is a **** and won't look at our drafts, massive ******. I wanna do Psychology, hopefully at Sheffield or Sussex.

How have your personal statements gone?

oooo,

I'm going to uni in about 2014, 2013 I forget which but I'm really interest in psychology myself!

Ed.
15-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm applying for Mathematics

I'm applying to:

Cambridge
Durham
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter

my application has been submitted and I have received the SAQ from Cambridge.

Neversoft
15-10-2010, 10:03 PM
I just finished my gap year but I never did get that epiphany and am still very undecided on what I want to do in the future, but uni is kind of essential to all of my options so I guess I better start looking into it again! I didn't realise people started applying so early, when I was in college we had barely started preparation by this time.

Recursion
16-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I just finished my gap year but I never did get that epiphany and am still very undecided on what I want to do in the future, but uni is kind of essential to all of my options so I guess I better start looking into it again! I didn't realise people started applying so early, when I was in college we had barely started preparation by this time.

Some people have already got offers! :P

Sent my Personal Statement round a load of teachers yesterday, hopefully it'll be sent off by Tuesday or Wednesday :D

Robbie
16-10-2010, 09:54 AM
There was a sign on the door of my college careers department yesterday which said all completed forms have been sent to UCAS, but mine hasn't :(

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm applying for Mathematics

I'm applying to:

Cambridge
Durham
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter

my application has been submitted and I have received the SAQ from Cambridge.

That's exactly what I want to do ;O! Maths @ Cambridge lol. But I'm not applying until 2013 so it's ok xD!

Good luck to everyone btw, hope you get your first choices :)

Neversoft
16-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Some people have already got offers! :P

Sent my Personal Statement round a load of teachers yesterday, hopefully it'll be sent off by Tuesday or Wednesday :D

Oh my, am I really behind or something? I'm absolutely clueless without a teacher reminding me every day haha. When is the deadline for applying?

Recursion
16-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh my, am I really behind or something? I'm absolutely clueless without a teacher reminding me every day haha. When is the deadline for applying?

15th November IIRC.

You're not late, it's still early days, you wouldn't want to send the application this week unless you're applying to Cambride or Oxbridge or looking at medicine anyway :P

Neversoft
16-10-2010, 01:21 PM
15th November IIRC.

You're not late, it's still early days, you wouldn't want to send the application this week unless you're applying to Cambride or Oxbridge or looking at medicine anyway :P

Wow, and that's for courses starting September next year? I better buckle down and get looking!

Posts merged due to forum lag ~ Recursion

immense
16-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Applying for Computer Science at

Lancaster

i swear everyone does that here

what the hell is comp. science

computing is not a science

Robbie
16-10-2010, 01:30 PM
i swear everyone does that here

what the hell is comp. science

computing is not a science

http://www.lusi.lancs.ac.uk/OnlineCoursesHandbook/ProgrammesOfStudy/Programme.aspx?Course=001085&Year=000111

immense
16-10-2010, 01:31 PM
if you come to lancaster no jk i will show you all da wkd places

Callum.
16-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow, and that's for courses starting September next year? I better buckle down and get looking!

You've got til like 15th January.

Repicked my other 3 unis, decided to go 2 south and 3 north. Send off on Wednesday.

immense
16-10-2010, 02:27 PM
good luck calcal

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I want to go to Cambridge to study Maths...
If not...M.I.T. - Maths
UCLA - Maths
Stratford (L.A.) - Maths
Durham - Maths :)

But thats a long way away lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!