PDA

View Full Version : I will be flying for the first time in May.

sophiethenerd
26-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I have never flown or been abroad before (Apart from a ferry to the isle of white).What is flying like?I have never even set foot in an airport.
Any tips?
Please help!.I'm scared and excited.Though when we land and take of I will be like(yn).:P

Misawa
26-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Terrifying.

hairpins
26-10-2010, 10:22 AM
its lyke sittin in a big long room den it shakes loads wen yew take off n land n makes loadz of noise
but den when yew r up in the air its lyke bein in a normal big long rewm agen
den yew luck owt of the window n if yew r below da clouds yew can c all da houses n roads n dey luck lyke litle lego cars
its dead gud!!!!!!!!!

Deak
26-10-2010, 10:23 AM
The worst bit about flying is the taking off and landing ... but once you are in the air you'll be able to watch a movie or listen to music and everything will be fine.

Just a recommendation take a sweet to suck on whilst taking off as that will help to stop your ears popping.

Jordan
26-10-2010, 10:27 AM
There is nothing to worry about. It's fine when you're up in the sky, it's just like being on the ground not moving... unless your going through turbalence. You can watch movies, listen to your music, read, sleep. There's nothing to worry about, I was scared on my first time I flew.

Plean
26-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Its ok flying i get a bit scared but its ok actually :)

Mathew
26-10-2010, 11:13 AM
You'll be fine, just don't think about it. The more you think about it before you go, the more worried you'll be when you take off.
There is seriously nothing to get worked up about - in 2008, the average amount of flights going out per day was 93,000; you've more chance of winning the lottery than having anything happen on your flight :)

Nemo
26-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I flew for the first time last year, on a really small crappy ryanair plane that looked like it could possibly break at any moment. Honestly wasn't scared in the slightest. The take off/landing is a bit weird but just suck a sweet but once you're in the air its just standard. Looking at the clouds is pretty cool though. but after u get over that its just like sitting in ur living room.

Have fun.

Shar
26-10-2010, 01:32 PM
There's nothing to worry about, it should be okay unless you're afraid of heights. :)

Richie
26-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Chew gum, I've only been on a plane once. Whatever you do when the plane lifts off don't start screaming like your on a rollercoaster ppl think ur a weirdo lalala

Apple
26-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Flying is great, I love it. It's not unusual at all for first time flyers to be a little worried but there really is nothing to worry about, it's safer than being in a car!

kuzkasate
26-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I personally love it, but make sure you chew chewing gum or have plugs in your ears because if you dont, your ears will literally hurt like ****.

sophiethenerd
26-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the tips people.Any idea of what will happen in the airport?I.E do we check in first and then go through security or what?

Mathew
26-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the tips people.Any idea of what will happen in the airport?I.E do we check in first and then go through security or what?
When you arrive at the correct terminal at the airport, you go straight to check in. There will be lots of desks corresponding to the different airlines - you just need to find the one you're flying with. They will take your suitcases off you and load them on the plane.

Then you follow the signs and you'll go through security where you need to put your carry-on bags through an X-Ray machine. You may need to remove baggy jumpers / shoes / belts and put them through too - it all depends on how fussy they are being :P Make sure you're not taking any liquid through either, unless it's under 100ml; and in that case, they should be put into a clear plastic bag (which are provided at most airports).

After you're through the X-Ray machine, get your bags, find your gate and then board the plane.

Don't worry about it, seriously. It's really easy and if you need help, just ask someone or look for a sign.
Have a great holiday!! :)

sophiethenerd
26-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Great I cant wait!

iBlueBox
26-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Nothing to worry about, apart from the plane crashing.

But that rarely happens.

more people die from donkeys, then planes every year.

Inseriousity.
26-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Just don't look out for 'dodgy' people. my brother said 'omg look he's so shifty' pointing to this guy with a bag who kept looking behind his shoulder lol. well I'm still alive but it does make you panic a bit more so dont do it!

you'll be fine, have a nice holiday :D

AlexOC
26-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Meh, it will be scary your first time., no point beating around the bush.

It gets better in timee.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!