PDA

View Full Version : local library

immense
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
because some local libraries are closing / have closed i was just wondering do you use yours? you should! i use my uni one daily and at home i don't have a local one cuz ours closed lol :/

Moved by Jamesy (Forum Manager): From "Discuss Anything"

Special
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
no i use the college one though lol

Jordan
05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I use to ages ago but that was rare. I dont anymore though xD

I seriously hate reading

lovethewayyoulie
05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
i tried using it for studying but it was rubbish
i use the one at uni

Conservative,
05-11-2010, 09:49 PM
No I have my own books, internet & music. It has nothing for me. If I want a new book, I buy it, borrow it from a friend or wait until i get given it.

I don't see the point in libraries. I suppose for old documents/books, but I have no interest in them. If I want a book I'll get it. I don't want to waste time going to the library, getting it, losing it, paying a fine, finding it then taking it back. Because more often than not, the small costs (bus fare there & back, fine for returning it late ect.) add up and I could've bought the book by the time I;ve read it and given it back.

So that's why i don't use mine. But I can see why people do.

buttons
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
i use the college one cause it's open after college & during holidays
& there's a hot guy that goes on mondays :l

Roxy
05-11-2010, 09:53 PM
The closest library is about a 15 minute drive so no, i did use to go sometimes when i was younger though and i use the school library if i forget to do some work

Deak
05-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I used it once when I needed a book for school which nobody else had

Shar
06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I always go to my local library to do some studying, and I spend most of the exam period there.

Eoin247
06-11-2010, 11:54 AM
When i was younger i used it a lot.

I don't read as much as i used to but if i really need or want a particular book, i wait until i can get it in the school library.

Cheryl
06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I use mine (Y) (A)

matt$
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I go to the college libary during study periods but the local one i havent been to in years and its like a 10minute walk lol.

Mathew
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Never been to a public library, but I spend a lot of time in the one at school. It's a nice, quiet, relaxing place just to get on and do some work / read the paper / read a book. I quite like it.

I use it more for the above though, rather than take out books :)

LoveToStack
06-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I used the Mitchell library in the centre of Glasgow every day for 3 weeks before the summer for exam revision. It was extremely useful, not because of its resources but as a place to study. I often find it difficult to study at home, especially with some many possible sources of procrastination about the house. So getting a train then walking for 20 minutes forces you to get work done to make the journey worth while.
That said it's not for everyone; most of my mates went at one point or another to try and study and some really took to it where others found it too restricting just sitting in a room for hours on end working. I'd definitely recommend it to those who are serious about learning but find themselves distracted.
Pic of the library, it's a nice building;
http://www.virtourist.com/europe/glasgow/imatges/09a0.jpg

luce
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM
yeah sometimes it's really accessible big and quite if you need to get some work done, i use my school one alot aswell which is also really good and they will order books in for you. Some subjects now at A level also have their own mini libraries so i use them too :)!

dirrty
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
i haven't been to my local library in yearssss as i never needed to use it. but now i just use the uni library as it's wayyy better anyway.

MattFr
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Use the college library a lot for getting on with work, love it.

Casanova
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
i used mines often actually. it was really good. but they closed it down and knocked it down, so now i have to head into my town centre for the library. i don't bother anymore. I used to get lots of books from the library, especially after i left school cos of how bored i was 'til i found work.

Inseriousity.
09-11-2010, 02:37 PM
i tried using it for studying but it was rubbish
i use the one at uni

this. There are 3 libraries close by to me dotted around the place. None of them are really useful for what I'm doing though and it's generally just fiction books (which, while good, isnt helpful for studying!). I use the uni one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!