PDA

View Full Version : [Notice] Halloween Story Winner!

Martin
07-11-2010, 01:38 AM
http://assets.habbox.com/images/67HabboxNews_Habboween.png

Last week, there was a competition to write your very own spooky Halloween story! We got a large amount of entries, and it's taken until now to decide the winner! (Sorry!)

Firstly I will announce the winner, and then you can read the top three below!

A big congratulations to =345 who is the winner of this competition and wins 20 credits and one month Forum VIP!

Here's his story:

This, or I should say these occurrences took place 7 years ago at an old Victorian house in Canton, New York. It's five stories, including the basement and attic. It is now a Sorority house of which I was a member. Before I was able to move into the house everyone used to sit around and tell "ghost stories" that had been passed down from members who had lived there previously. I've always believed in ghosts, but chalked these stories up to the fact that it was an old house with a lot of work that needs to be done. Was I ever wrong! There was a lot of paranormal activity in the house such as footsteps on the 3rd floor when no body was up there. Closet and bedroom doors would open and close by themselves, and things would disappear and reappear in strange and unusual places. But I had never experienced any thing like I did on August 8th, 1992.

It was a week before a new semester was to begin. My boyfriend and I had driven to Canton to drop off some of my things, and to paint the bedroom that I was moving into. We had moved most of the stuff to the second floor and it had just started to get dark, enough to turn the hallway light and the bedroom light on. On my next trip upstairs, while my boyfriend was clearing out my car, I got to the top of the stairs and I noticed that the hallway light AND my bedroom light were off. I didn't think too much of it at that moment...Occurrences like that were commonplace. I turned the lights back on, returned for my last box and headed back up the stairs again.

I was relieved to see the hallway light on, but this time my bedroom door was closed. I set the box down in the hallway and reached for the door ****. As I did, I felt two arms wrap around my waist as if giving me a hug from behind. I turned, expecting to see my boyfriend, and no one was there. Needless to say, I ran out of the house, screaming at the top of lungs and flew into my car. My boyfriend got in without question, and we returned home.

I ended up moving into the house when everyone else arrived for the semester. For the rest of my duration there, I didn't have any other encounters like that one, but the footsteps still continued, along with doors opening and closing and things disappearing...they still do to this day, and now my story has become one of the stories told when everyone is sitting around together telling "tales" of the house.

Other entries that we liked were:

Story by Jamesy:

Rain lashed down upon the thin metal roof of Shack Z. Inside the roar of water on tin was met only by the quiet panting of Fluffy the hamster, as he desperately ran to keep the Habbox server going. Dirty streaks of orange light filtered in through the grime covered glass, obscured by years of neglect and rain. Outside sat Matt Garner, the lone inhabitant of this wasteland and charged only with keeping fluffy fed. This role had seen him sit through summer heatwaves, and the bitter cold of January when the frost had claimed one of Fluffy’s legs. Needless to say the summer was plagued by server issues until Matt was able to replace the foot with blutac and a popsicle stick. Tonight however, Matt grimaced as icy water ran off his hat and down the back of his neck. Behind the clouds he saw the faint pale smudge of a full moon. General Manager of Habbox was not the luxury he had imagined...

Unbeknown to both of them, stirring in the shadows great danger was coming. Whatever it it was, it wasn’t keen on announcing itself. A floorboard creaked. Crap! But it’s panic was short lived as it appeared Matt had coughed at the same time. Slowly... step by step towards the steaming behemoth that was the Habbox server it crept. Suddenly a blinding light shone from above. Matt towered over the figure below, cowering in fear at this exposure - inches away from the main output cable.

“Jin!” Matt exclaimed. Jin hissed and ran for the darkness. Matt followed in hot pursuit, crashing through the thin timber door of the shack. If Jin made it to the woodland all would be lost, for the moment matt succumbed to sleep he would be a goner. From out of the gloom Matt saw headlights in the distance. Jin had seem them too and doubled his efforts to escape. Hissing and spitting he gave it everything but it was no use. Bolt660 simply splatted him with his car. Matt collapsed to his knees in relief, Bolt gave him a peculiar look before simply handing him an edition of Habbox News and driving off.

Matt returned to his desk, browsing the forums the users had no idea how close to peril they had come. Fluffy continued to run - encouraged by a tasty treat. “This place is going to need all the juice you’ve got mate. Imagine the feedback threads when they find out what just happened...” Matt mumbled before falling asleep as the sun came up.

Story by Ellah:

Last Friday, I was sitting on the couch with my laptop ready to watch a movie., and I felt like eating some popcorn, so I paused the film and got up. The house seemed to have been coated with darkness. The only source of light I had, was the lights from my room. As I left my room, I looked at the never ending darkness of the corridor. I was walking around with my hands on the walls trying to find a switch, when suddenly, I saw a shadow. I walked slowly back, feeling the walls and staring at the edge of this port. I did not want that thing appearing to me again there, but the worst thing happened. I heard a bang in the street caused by lightning, and soon after the monitor light went out. The energy was gone. The last thing I saw before going into complete darkness, was the picture of a farm on the wall, which had a small wooden house at the bottom of a long road full of big trees. And there was nobody in the painting, as if everything had been abandoned for years. That picture was there two years ago, and I had no idea who had it painted. Neither do I remember when it was put there. I felt like running, but could not, could not move a muscle. I stood still, listening to the rain and the wind is howling, praying that everything would soon pass. I heard footsteps. They were bare feet, which came from my room slowly. One step every three seconds, coming toward me. I shivered with cold and fear, a drop of sweat came down my cheek, and I heard a very weak cry, coming from where the steps were. The cry did not come from above the height of my head was more or less the height of my belly. I thought it was a child. It was actually very weak, almost hard to hear. I was paralysed. I figured that thing passing in front of the farm to the table, and then tried to imagine its shape. Horrible things came to my head.
When steps were well ahead of me, they stopped, as if it were standing, watching me. There you could see absolutely nothing. It was for some time, perhaps two minutes, which seemed like an eternity more. But when I thought I would move out of there, it moved closer and hugged me, hugged my waist, as if the height of a child, and went down moaning. I understand where the sound came, I deduced that he was looking for me, and I also noticed that one arm was bigger than the other in thickness. That thing started to hit me more, and cry a little less down. At that time, I pulled the air through the mouth, took a courage I do not know where he went out, and I felt my hand on his head. It was the strangest thing I've ever touched, there was no hair on top of the head, the skin was not smooth like a child, was an old skin. There was only a little hair on the side of the head, and where they should be the eyes, there were two deep holes. I felt her clothes, that seemed to be dressed. Another thing I noticed too was that his body was wet and smelled strongly of rotting flesh, or something like that ... I sighed again and let out a sentence, with some stuttering "are y-you o-o-ok?" The moment I said it, it pushed me away, giving me a push, and let out a high pitch scream. Resembled a girl about six years, was something scary. And just then I heard the footsteps moving away from me, running across the wooden floor to the other end of the corridor.
I went down and sat on the floor hugging my legs against my chest and slept. Suddenly I was very tired and wanted this nightmare would soon pass. Woke up this morning in my bed. It should be about eight or nine hours. The sunlight illuminated the entire house, and was one of the best feelings I've ever felt in my entire life. You could hear cars passing down the street, people speaking and workers shouting. I sighed with relief, it was just a nightmare. When I looked at the computer desk, I saw an empty pot of popcorn, with some corn in the background, I was desperate. I went into the hall. There were water marks on the floor. I felt a hug from behind ...

Once again, a big well done to =345 on winning the competition, and I would like to thank everyone for the amazing entries!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!