PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates ~ 07/11/10

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
http://assets.habbox.com/images/28FUD.png

Well after a long hiatus we're back with Sunday Updates. Hopefully not too boring, just catching up on everything we skipped the past couple of weeks to focus on the Moderation changes and the Ban Review. For the most part they are simply tweaks and polishing.

What goodies are there then?

Filter Changes
Newly Registered Users Group Changes.
Runescape Forum Moved
VIP Forum Fixes / Changes
Forum Stickies Changes
Smiley Updates (again)
Various FAQ Changes

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
A small update to the filter, you are now free to say the word "bollucks".

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
In an effort to make sure newly registered users aren't being dissuaded from posting and getting involved with the community, we have removed the moderation of their first posts! This means they no longer have to enter captchas or get their posts approved (which I'm sure was a permissions error in some forums). As such in an attempt to beef up security on the gates, we've changed the registration anti spam to a question and answer system. Please let us know if it not working correctly :)

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Runescape is now under the Online Games category. This is due to continued reduction in activity and suggestions from the community. You can get to it via this link :)

Thanks to scottish for this suggestion, he wins the feedback badge + 30 rep

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Finally the VIP forums permission error has been fixed, so if you're not VIP you shouldn't see it any more. In addition to this the VIP+ forum has been removed as it was completely inactive and thus had no real reason to exist any further.

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Dotted around the forum continue to exist stickies that are out of date and past their prime. In some forums there are multiple stickies that could be condensed down to one, I've spent some time this afternoon removing any stickies I feel are not valid anymore - however if I have missed any do give me a shout and I will review it :).

The most obvious ones changed are the guidlines in Show off your Website Here, and the removal of the Post Your... stickies at the top of Discuss Anything.

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
More smiley updates! Because of me being a noob I forgot to update them all last time, so a big thanks to Skizzling for reminding me about that. The new changes are as follows (old on the left, new on the right):

:angel1: - :angel:
:rude: - :censored:
:usa2: - :usa:
:Stop: - :stop:
:sign10: - :rofl:
:ocassion13 - :birthday:
:Ocass14: - :cheers:
:love7: - :love:
:love3: - :loveyou:
:boozed - :drunk:
:BangHead: - :frustrated:

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Over the past few weeks there have been several minor changes to the FAQ / Forum rules. These are mainly relating to the rules + guides devised for social groups, which no longer exist. So just a heads up on that one :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!