PDA

View Full Version : Work for IT?

GoldenMerc
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Well i've got 3 years of education in I.T such as Level 1, Level 2 and level 3 now. So im wanting to know where could i possibly get a full time job in the era it is now, Im looking at atm
PC World
Eclipse Computers

Need bigger list to be fair, I don't really want to be having to go on job search websites but it all depends if its needed.
Ross

Deak
08-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm in same boat ... got level 3 in ICT and all i keep doing is applying to companies who primarily use computers; Currys, Comet, PC World, Councils etc.

Try your local job center too they will be able to help you do job searches as that's what they are currently doing with me

Stephen!
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Most of the places you have named are more retail work than IT related.

Moh
10-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Most of the places you have named are more retail work than IT related.
Yeah this, if you have no customer service experience then you'll find it difficult to get a job there. It's actually really annoying, I'v applied at currys, pc world and comet plenty of times and get rejected. When I go to buy something from there, they don't have a clue about what they're selling. Then you're just stood there thinking I could do a way better job.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Thought you was Milestone then.
Wondered why your name was Ross not Dom.

Anyhow, have you ever thought about a computer technician like at a school? i don't know if you would be applicable for the role, but no harm in trying?
Also, many places look for IT, it might not be as hard. Like said above, it's mainly retail what you have said.
You could always google, and also look around locally.

GoldenMerc
12-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeh i wouldnt mind being a technician at school, I know i have the quals for it so yeh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!