PDA

View Full Version : England v France

Deak
13-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Fabio Capello has named his squad to face France.

As England prepare for their final game of 2010, Capello has called upon four players for the very first time. Chris Smalling graduates from the Under-21s along with Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson, while Jay Bothroyd and Andy Carroll are among the attacking options.

Squad in full

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart;
Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, John Terry;
Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;
Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jay Bothroyd, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch.
---
Who would your starting 11 be for the match on Wednesday?

Mine would be:

-------------------Hart--------------------------
Richards-----Jagielka-----Ferdinand-----A.Cole----
--------------------Barry------------------------
--------Walcott-----Milner-----Johnson----------
--------------Gerrard----------------------------
-------------------Crouch-----------------------

Arron
13-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Chris Smalling is all about route 1. Not keen on him tbh.
I hope Andy Carrol gets subbed on in the second half and gets a goal or two.

Conservative,
13-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Hope Wilshire, Agbonlahor & Young get a run.

My starting 11 would be:

Richards-----Jagielka-----Ferdinand-----A.Cole----
----Milner-----------Gerrard--------Young-------
-----------Agbonlahor-------------------------------
-----------------------------Crouch-------------

Deak
13-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Its a friendly so he'll try as many players as possible

StefanWolves
14-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Why Jarvis isn't in the squad when Capello has watched him for the last three games is bizarre.

JackBuddy
15-11-2010, 09:26 PM
How does Barry keep making these squads? Muamba deserves a chance.

FlyingJesus
15-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Barry needs to be shot in the ankles although Capello would probably still try playing him for some reason. About time Carroll got on there, not much of a fan of Smalling though, failed to impress me much so far.. hoping Johnson really comes into his own soon, plenty of promise there if he can find his role in the squad and hold on to it.

Describe
15-11-2010, 10:06 PM
The French squad isn't that bad. They are: Abidal, Benzema, Cabaye, Carasso, Clichy, Diarra, Gamiero, Gourcuff, Hoarau, Kaboul (replaces Mexes), Lloris, M'Vila, Malouda, Mandana, Nasri, Payet, Rami, Reveillere, Sagna, Ramy, Sakho & Valbuena. Evra & Anelka are overlooked due to WC controversy while Ribery is injured.

Deak
15-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Barry needs to be shot in the ankles although Capello would probably still try playing him for some reason. About time Carroll got on there, not much of a fan of Smalling though, failed to impress me much so far.. hoping Johnson really comes into his own soon, plenty of promise there if he can find his role in the squad and hold on to it.

Regarding your Johnson point... I hope so too! Can we finally have a good naturally left footed player on the left wing?!

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Carroll has to start. As does Wilhere and Henderson. Should definitely play 4-5-1.

JackBuddy
16-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Regarding your Johnson point... I hope so too! Can we finally have a good naturally left footed player on the left wing?!

Johnson likes to play on the right and cut inside though doesn't he?

If only Bale was English!

Pyroka
16-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Let's hope the French team doesn't strike. Again.

Two of my housemates are French, and obv the rest Scottish or sommint else, so I'm waving the flag on this one, hope we kick arse.

Bun
16-11-2010, 11:18 AM

he used to prefer the left but even at boro for a bit he couldn't get on the left because of downing so he's always been forced on the right. this has taught him to be able to use his right foot as well, but yeh he loves cutting in too.

and ugh i hope carroll hits capello or something, can't STAND the ugly man.

Minstrels
16-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Let's hope the French team doesn't strike. Again.

Two of my housemates are French, and obv the rest Scottish or sommint else, so I'm waving the flag on this one, hope we kick arse.
G'wan my son, fly that flag and support all those Everton internationals!

Deak
16-11-2010, 11:33 AM

I think Johnson prefers any wing as long as he's playing!

If Bale was english... we can all dream can't we :(

timbo2251
16-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Hes all about bringing on new people (younger players) for the world cup in 2014

---Cahill-----Jagielka-----Ferdinand-----A.Cole----
----Johnson-----------Milner--------Walcott-------
-------------------------Gerrard----------------------
-----------------------------Caroll-------------

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Cole is injured? so Gibbs must start. Cahill isnt an RB either? i agree with the rest though.

Hes all about bringing on new people (younger players) for the world cup in 2014

---Cahill-----Jagielka-----Ferdinand-----A.Cole----
----Johnson-----------Milner--------Walcott-------
-------------------------Gerrard----------------------
-----------------------------Caroll-------------

---------- Post added 16-11-2010 at 12:44 PM ----------

id play

Hart

Richards -- Smalling -- Jagielka -- Gibbs

Henderson -- Milner

Wallcott -- Wilshere -- Johnson

Carroll

We may aswell try it out, its our future, may aswell play them in a friendly.

Deak
16-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Hart

Richards -- Smalling -- Jagielka -- Gibbs

Henderson -- Milner

Wallcott -- Wilshere -- Johnson

Carroll

We may aswell try it out, its our future, may aswell play them in a friendly.

Not a bad team selection that, especially with most of the older players not playing in the next world cup.

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Not a bad team selection that, especially with most of the older players not playing in the next world cup.

wilshere is out of the squad :/ id put milner in wilsheres position and put barry in milners original place. the two defensive midfielders would allow the full backs to bomb on which is what theyre good at.

Deak
16-11-2010, 02:24 PM
wilshere is out of the squad :/ id put milner in wilsheres position and put barry in milners original place. the two defensive midfielders would allow the full backs to bomb on which is what theyre good at.

Good point.

We'll just have to wait and see what Capello decides & see if he sticks by his words "I'm going to use the younger players & test them out" (or something very similar).

I reckon he'll use a mixture of the younger & older players & swap them at half time / 60 mins.

---

Anyway... new question same topic...

Score predictions?

England 2 - 1 France

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 02:54 PM
i think england will win 2-1.

going by what capello said, im almost certain he will play this team:

Hart

Richards -- Jagielka -- Ferdinand -- Gibbs

Henderson -- Gerrard -- Milner

Johnson -- Carroll -- Walcott

would prefer to see more youth, but its a good team, it has a mixture of youth, talent, promise and experience.

JackBuddy
16-11-2010, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't play Walcott, or put him on the left. If Johnson plays it should only be on the right.

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 03:06 PM
why not Walcott? hes in ok form.

-Heart
16-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm shocked that Jarvo hasn't made it into the squad. I just can't figure it out, he's been one of the most in-form wingers in the league all season.

Just shocked.

FlyingJesus
16-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Plenty of time for Jarvis still, he's not exactly ancient, and there's no sense in taking a full squad of wingers just because we have them, it'd be like Spain playing a 3-6-1 with all the centre mids

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm shocked that Jarvo hasn't made it into the squad. I just can't figure it out, he's been one of the most in-form wingers in the league all season.

Just shocked.
And me, he's been too see Jarvis in the last three games (against City, Arsenal etc) and he played very wel.

Bun
16-11-2010, 06:08 PM
england gonna win 7-0, jay boythroyd hattrick.....

Deak
16-11-2010, 06:36 PM
england gonna win 7-0, jay boythroyd hattrick.....

Now come on be realistic here ... 6-0 :D

Bun
16-11-2010, 09:43 PM
think im gonna put a quid on 5-0

Deak
16-11-2010, 10:12 PM
think im gonna put a quid on 5-0

Good luck with that :/

e5
16-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I'd have agbonlahor in there. Why isn't rooney available?

---------- Post added 16-11-2010 at 10:25 PM ----------

and ashley young of course.

Deak
16-11-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd have agbonlahor in there. Why isn't rooney available?

---------- Post added 16-11-2010 at 10:25 PM ----------

and ashley young of course.

Rooney is injured ... supposidly ...

Bun
16-11-2010, 10:36 PM
it'll come off, trust me................................................ ......................

Deak
16-11-2010, 10:36 PM
*** ANDY CARROLL TO START AGAINST FRANCE ***

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll will make his England debut against France at Wembley on Wednesday.
Manager Fabio Capello revealed that Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson, 20, will also make his debut while Arsenal left-back Kieron Gibbs starts.

Midfielder Jack Wilshere has been ruled out through injury, while keeper Joe Hart is being assessed by a doctor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9194622.stm

Bun
16-11-2010, 10:39 PM
hope andy carroll breaks a leg

and his back, both arms, and neck..

Deak
16-11-2010, 10:41 PM
hope andy carroll breaks a leg

and his back, both arms, and neck..

Thats not nice considering all of the pressure will be on him whilst doing his debut and could be the main striker in the next competitions...

Deak
17-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Newcastle have asked the Football Association to withdraw Andy Carroll from England's friendly against France at Wembley, BBC Sport understands.

Striker Carroll, 21, is set to make his international debut - but his club are worried about the groin injury he picked up against Fulham on Saturday.

Carroll had a scan before training with England on Tuesday, after which manager Fabio Capello declared he was fit.

Goalkeeper Joe Hart is out with a back injury, so Ben Foster should start.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9194622.stm

It would be nice to see Carroll play tonight, but looks like it might be someone else now :/

Arron
17-11-2010, 01:41 PM
yay for Robert Green and a big yay for Given!

Deak
17-11-2010, 02:14 PM
yay for Robert Green and a big yay for Given!

Yay for Rob Green...? Why? Ben Foster is starting...
At least Given will be able to fight to keep his place at Man City in the next couple of games - depending on Hart's injury.

Arron
17-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Cos I like Rob Green.
<3 (L)

Deak
17-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Cos I like Rob Green.
<3 (L)

Yeh, but he's still not starting is he & he was in the current selected sqaud and proves that he's not the #1 or #2 goalie at this moment...

On the other hand, yes, i agree i like him too

StefanWolves
17-11-2010, 04:30 PM
queer.

Deak
17-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Starting line up...

Foster
Jagielka, Ferdinand, Lescott, Gibbs
Henderson, Barry, Milner, Walcott
Gerrard
Carroll

thoughts?

Glad Carroll, Henderson & Gibbs are playing ... nice to see some youngsters!

Come on England!

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Starting line up...

Foster
Jagielka, Ferdinand, Lescott, Gibbs
Henderson, Barry, Milner, Walcott
Gerrard
Carroll

thoughts?

Glad Carroll, Henderson & Gibbs are playing ... nice to see some youngsters!

Come on England!

At least he's trying something different. I'd rather see Agbonlahor though.

Minstrels
17-11-2010, 08:17 PM
At least he's trying something different. I'd rather see Agbonlahor though.
lolwot

FlyingJesus
17-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Get. Rid. Of. Barry.

Seriously he has done nothing of use since... well, since he was called up. He had about 2 touches in the last England game and fluffed a fairly simple shot opportunity, and it's not like he's young enough to improve sufficiently to be of use in the future.

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 08:24 PM
1 - 0 france -.-

Minstrels
17-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Foster is so bad

FlyingJesus
17-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Something to cheer you up perhaps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFUiQdDcSkQ

Deak
17-11-2010, 08:32 PM

lmao, what was that defender doing?

Now i predicted 2-1 England, up to yet im still going for that scoreline but the other way round! ... Hope i'm wrong!

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 08:33 PM

Ahahaha loool. Nice, still upset though, shoulda played Hart. :|

Deak
17-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Ahahaha loool. Nice, still upset though, shoulda played Hart. :|

Hart injured in training yesterday... he's done his back in

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Hart injured in training yesterday... he's done his back in

Clever boy >;l

Mathew
17-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I refuse to take part in this petty discussion about football - I want I'm a Celebrity back!! :@

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I refuse to take part in this petty discussion about football - I want I'm a Celebrity back!! :@

Pointless much? IAC is rubbish anyway.

Come on England, we need to sort it out, put the champs down, pull your fingers out. Leave the WAGs alone, set aside your egos, we're tired of bragging about 40 odd years ago...lol thought the first line fitted quite well.

Deak
17-11-2010, 09:19 PM

Think about it we got just less than 3 weeks before IAC finishes & i do like watching it but i prefer the football :)

oh yeh, next wednesday on ITV 1 at this time will be Rangers v Man Utd ... so no IAC again next week!

---

Oh yeh, England 2-0 down :/

Oleh
17-11-2010, 09:19 PM
2-0 lovely jubbly. There goes ben foster

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 09:21 PM
2 - 0 aha we suck :|

Deak
17-11-2010, 09:23 PM
what will some people say... " oh its only a friendly it doesn't matter! "... yes it doesn't mean nothing but surely people will still want England to win

FlyingJesus
17-11-2010, 09:35 PM
There goes ben foster

There's the silver lining to the cloud that is this game - no more Ben Foster wooooo

:LUFC:
17-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Capello should put Andy caroll and crouch on for strikers, there both tall enough .

Arron
17-11-2010, 11:55 PM
I <3 rob green. wait why wasn't he played tonight? much more experience than foster. fair enough it was a friendly - testing the players out, but i believe Green should've been thrown in there to gain his confidence back following that cringing howler from the World Cup.

StefanWolves
17-11-2010, 11:59 PM
I <3 rob green. wait why wasn't he played tonight? much more experience than foster. fair enough it was a friendly - testing the players out, but i believe Green should've been thrown in there to gain his confidence back following that cringing howler from the World Cup.
because he wanted to see what the younger generous has to offer? THATS KIND OF THE POINT OF IT ALL...

Arron
18-11-2010, 12:02 AM

because he wanted to see what the younger generous has to offer? THATS KIND OF THE POINT OF IT ALL...

Yeah well he failed :)

StefanWolves
18-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah well he failed :)does it matter? its a friendly? it means nothing, zilch, diddly squat

luce
18-11-2010, 06:00 PM
wow we really didn't play very well until we scored and then had a good 5 minutes. It wasn't "full strength" and so i guess the upside was that others got to have a go and show what they can do. Carroll must have been gutted because he literally had no chance then Crouch came on and helped himself haha.

Deak
18-11-2010, 06:04 PM
wow we really didn't play very well until we scored and then had a good 5 minutes. It wasn't "full strength" and so i guess the upside was that others got to have a go and show what they can do. Carroll must have been gutted because he literally had no chance then Crouch came on and helped himself haha.

Yes Carroll did look annoyed when Crouch scored... and we were only good in the last 5 mins + 5 mins stoppage time.

iRaaave.
18-11-2010, 07:36 PM
it was a rubbish game when france scored but when crouch came on it was good!

JackBuddy
18-11-2010, 10:29 PM
What exactly is Gareth Barry good at?

Minstrels
18-11-2010, 10:31 PM
getting easy money

StefanWolves
18-11-2010, 11:39 PM
What exactly is Gareth Barry good at?
trying to chase blokes half his size

should have pur rodwell in the main squad, played him cdm, and let henderson play in his natural position.

feel real sorry for henderson, capello ****** him over tbh.

JackBuddy
19-11-2010, 11:38 AM
trying to chase blokes half his size

should have pur rodwell in the main squad, played him cdm, and let henderson play in his natural position.

feel real sorry for henderson, capello ****** him over tbh.
I can't see Henderson being any better than any of the other players we play at RM (Walcott, Lennon, Johnson).

Browney
19-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I can't see Henderson being any better than any of the other players we play at RM (Walcott, Lennon, Johnson).

Oh no, but he's better playing further forward in midfield.

StefanWolves
19-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh no, but he's better playing further forward in midfield.

I was gonna say I thought he was a CAM.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!