PDA

View Full Version : Should certain illegal drugs be made legal to buy for recreational purposes?

-Danube-
17-11-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.stoptherobbery.com/Pills.jpg

Many people each year die from drug overuse, many of these deaths are from the use of different ingredients placed in the drug to make them cheaper. This could be prevented if drugs were to become legalised and controled, much like Alcohol.

Fears of making certain illegal drugs legal are the fact that many more people will become addicted to such substances and could cause much more harm to our communities today.

But some people argue that by legalising drugs you could quash many crimes that go on in this day in age, drugs are what fund large crime gangs and if drugs become legal to buy in such places like pharmacies and supermarkets then this could destroy lots of organised crime gangs and decrease the amount of murders and violence originating from such gangs.

Do you think the legalisation of some drugs would have good or adverse affects on todays society?

DEBATE!!!

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I think there should be like a ration book type thing so you can only get so many of a certain drug in a certain amount of time.

But I think it should only be ones that have a benefit eg; marijuana. Ones that just ness up your mind should be kept illegal.

Special
17-11-2010, 03:46 PM
not sure but they could make some drugs legal for say a month to see how it goes

Ed.
17-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I think there should be like a ration book type thing so you can only get so many of a certain drug in a certain amount of time.

But I think it should only be ones that have a benefit eg; marijuana. Ones that just ness up your mind should be kept illegal.

But what's to stop people selling a certain drug on the black market? If a drug is available to everyone legally on a rationed basis, people will sell it to those who want it and this means that the people who buy it will be able to access more of this drug and will have its harmful effects.

Also, many drugs such as marijuana also have harmful effects and can be seen as "stepping stone" drugs which lead onto harder drugs.

not sure but they could make some drugs legal for say a month to see how it goes

Why should we risk public health as a "test"? The health service is already being overworked and substance and drug abuse is costing the tax payer even more money as they have to fund these druggies who go to the NHS after they have a bad reaction with the drug.

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 03:52 PM
But what's to stop people selling a certain drug on the black market? If a drug is available to everyone legally on a rationed basis, people will sell it to those who want it and this means that the people who buy it will be able to access more of this drug and will have its harmful effects.

Also, many drugs such as marijuana also have harmful effects and can be seen as "stepping stone" drugs which lead onto harder drugs.

Why should we risk public health as a "test"? The health service is already being overworked and substance and drug abuse is costing the tax payer even more money as they have to fund these druggies who go to the NHS after they have a bad reaction with the drug.

They're readily available on most street corners already, legalising them will just mean people won't abuse them as much.

Samantha
17-11-2010, 03:53 PM
They are illegal for a reason.

Many people each year die from drug overuse
That is just one of the many reasons that they shouldn't become legal! If someone has died from the abuse of drugs then making them legal will just make things worse surely? Surely if people abuse them now then if they become legal the sales will go through the roof and more people will abuse them, this may be a serious problem.
Apparently, murders will decrease, but I highly doubt that they will - if people are udner the influence of drugs they are not in the right frame of mind to do anything other than sleep in my opinion I'm sure the murder rate will increase as more people will get involved with drugs as they can be easily bought and supplied.
However, if they were made legal, looking at the positives I think yes you are right that there will be less gangs, and although less gangs may mean less crime, it also may increase it. gangs will no longer be on the streets, this is probably true, but I'm sure they will find another hobby, as they no longer feel 'cool' because drugs are now legal. They may turn their obsession to burgulary or petty crime.
I feel gangs only take drugs as other people do it, so they follow the herd, like I said before, if they become legal they will not find themselves as 'cool' and so change their hobbies; this doesn't necessarily mean they will stop taking drugs, if anything they will already be addicted and as you can get them easier they will be taking more; harming their body and vital organs.

overall, drugs shouldnt be made legal, the illegal drugs should stay illegal, as I said in my firts statement they are illegal for a reason!

Edit: Also, I am sure my next door neighbours take drugs and they keep us up most nights. They slam doors, the neighbour even hits his girlfriend, I don't want it to be a reccurring thing I tend to like sleep at 4am.

Also, I know making them legal may make us sleep easier, and also keeps them off the street, but I would rather have them on the street, taking drugs, not doing much harm, rather than being scared when my neighbours or others are arguing.

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 03:59 PM
They are illegal for a reason.

That is just one of the many reasons that they shouldn't become legal! If someone has died from the abuse of drugs then making them legal will just make things worse surely? Surely if people abuse them now then if they become legal the sales will go through the roof and more people will abuse them, this may be a serious problem.
Apparently, murders will decrease, but I highly doubt that they will - if people are udner the influence of drugs they are not in the right frame of mind to do anything other than sleep in my opinion I'm sure the murder rate will increase as more people will get involved with drugs as they can be easily bought and supplied.
However, if they were made legal, looking at the positives I think yes you are right that there will be less gangs, and although less gangs may mean less crime, it also may increase it. gangs will no longer be on the streets, this is probably true, but I'm sure they will find another hobby, as they no longer feel 'cool' because drugs are now legal. They may turn their obsession to burgulary or petty crime.
I feel gangs only take drugs as other people do it, so they follow the herd, like I said before, if they become legal they will not find themselves as 'cool' and so change their hobbies; this doesn't necessarily mean they will stop taking drugs, if anything they will already be addicted and as you can get them easier they will be taking more; harming their body and vital organs.

overall, drugs shouldnt be made legal, the illegal drugs should stay illegal, as I said in my firts statement they are illegal for a reason!

Edit: Also, I am sure my next door neighbours take drugs and they keep us up most nights. They slam doors, the neighbour even hits his girlfriend, I don't want it to be a reccurring thing I tend to like sleep at 4am.

Also, I know making them legal may make us sleep easier, and also keeps them off the street, but I would rather have them on the street, taking drugs, not doing much harm, rather than being scared when my neighbours or others are arguing.

I disagree.

The drug dealers are the murderers. Take away their trade, they won't be able to demand money - not for drugs anyway.

As long as they're monitored - as I said some kind of system where everyone's drugs are logged and you can only get X grams per month - then it should be fine.

People say people will buy them on the black market, people will die. THEY DO ANYWAY. It's not going to stop it - nothing will, but it will decrease illegal drugs trades, decrease drug-related murders, and decrease drug overdoses.

Ed.
17-11-2010, 04:04 PM
They're readily available on most street corners already, legalising them will just mean people won't abuse them as much.

Alcohol is readily available and people abuse it as a result.

If drugs were more available, then people who probably wouldn't otherwise take them would.

People say people will buy them on the black market, people will die. THEY DO ANYWAY. It's not going to stop it - nothing will, but it will decrease illegal drugs trades, decrease drug-related murders, and decrease drug overdoses.

Yes people already buy them on the black market but if everyone can get x grams of drugs per t time then the amount of drugs on the black market will increase and there will be just as many illegal drug trades etc..

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 04:08 PM
People do it for the rush of doing something bad, it's like a child doing something the mother says not to, we instinctively go against that. If you just let them do it, they'll get bored and move on. If you keep retaliating and trying to stop them they'll do it more.

Samantha
17-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I disagree.

The drug dealers are the murderers. Take away their trade, they won't be able to demand money - not for drugs anyway.

As long as they're monitored - as I said some kind of system where everyone's drugs are logged and you can only get X grams per month - then it should be fine.

Bold: Then surely that shows how the increase in other crimes like burgulary will occur.

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Bold: Then surely that shows how the increase in other crimes like burgulary will occur.

Or maybe they won't both to go into that business in the first place?

Santorefish
17-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Alcohol and drugs are different things and to compare them would be incorrect.

I believe legalising will give drug addicts a excuse to get MORE adicted and to cause more crimes because they would be taking more of a certain substance

On the other hand i do believe it would be good to find more legal drugs such as miaow miaow for instance, for to perhaps create them to drug addicts can use them as a safer substitute for the dangerous drugs they may already be taking (perhaps a drug you make tea with)

GommeInc
17-11-2010, 04:44 PM
It's an interesting topic. Personally, I see no use for drugs in a wider, consumer market as dependence on any sort of substance is in itself depressing and says alot about an individual (naturally boring and uninteresting). There are two methods of looking at it as others have no doubt mentioned:

Supply and demand - underground dealers will lose their control as a legal market comes into view.
Keeping them illegal will further reduce the need for the drugs and will not support any future demand by the general public.

Medicine wise, well, there are already drugs out there which are legal and controllable to avoid any problems like drug overdoses from happening, but this of course depends on the sort of drugs we're talking about. Cannabis is one illegal substance which has some mild benefits and is often compared to alcohol with the "highs" involved (sometimes described as being drunk, but without the need to be sick"), but you could argue and say that these comparisons just reflect the problem with alcohol addiction - the need to feel "high" and drink as much as physically possible to have a good time, which does not reflect the moderate "majority" of alcohol drinkers. Drugs like cocaine, heroin and these drugs which have no benefits should probably remain illegal, as they do more damage than harm, and legalising them will open up future strains on healthcare organisations by people who do not know much about the drugs they are consuming and the risks involved, which, although may be seen as nothing to do with the Government, should still be regulated as it is still money from the public which will fund and assist these issues if it all goes wrong.

You've also got to think about the cost. Seeing as we're still in a state of not wanting to spend too much money, the Government cannot possibly legalise some substances (the ones that are arguably safer or easily comparible to currently legal substances) because the regulations involved, some of which already suggested, would cost a considerable amount of money and put a strain on the already tight spending of public money. It will cost alot for the Police/NHS to regulate who is taking what, and you've also got to remember the privacy restrictions - would the general public really want to have what they are consuming splashed about? It might lead to an unsightly prescedent of Government interfering with what we do in private.

My two cents at the moment.

Please elaborate :) I think I know what you mean, but it'll be interesting to see what you mean as an individual.

Mathew
17-11-2010, 05:16 PM
"Should certain illegal drugs be made legal to buy for recreational purposes?"

Drugs are illegal for a reason. Call me narrow minded, but why should we legalise something which is a proven killer; for the sole reason of "recreational purposes?" If you take drugs, you're a moron in the first place - why should we feed your habit and legalise them?

The drug industry is a big one and it's obviously largely centered around money. Maybe police and crime experts should get to work and cut down on the drug dealings, rather than just legalise them. Surely legalising is just giving in and backing down? :S

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 07:26 PM
"the drug industry is a big one".

The government can make ****loads in tax on them and they can regulate everything.

I personally am against taking drugs, but I think legalising then will:

Stop drug/gang culture
Stabilise additctions
Make the government plenty in tax
And drug dealers will lose their jobs.

"Should certain illegal drugs be made legal to buy for recreational purposes?"

Drugs are illegal for a reason. Call me narrow minded, but why should we legalise something which is a proven killer; for the sole reason of "recreational purposes?" If you take drugs, you're a moron in the first place - why should we feed your habit and legalise them?

The drug industry is a big one and it's obviously largely centered around money. Maybe police and crime experts should get to work and cut down on the drug dealings, rather than just legalise them. Surely legalising is just giving in and backing down? :S

Oleh
17-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Plenty of over the counter drugs are killers if taken incorrectly.

Perhaps sell cannabis in pharmaceutical vending outlets and require a card e.g. something like a club card which tracks your product purchases and has all details on, which would track your habits and thus would permit the vendor to refuse service

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Plenty of over the counter drugs are killers if taken incorrectly.

Perhaps sell cannabis in pharmaceutical vending outlets and require a card e.g. something like a club card which tracks your product purchases and has all details on, which would track your habits and thus would permit the vendor to refuse service

That was what I was trying to get at, I just didn't put it in those words :P

I agree, with you. For example: I take aspirin for my heart condition, but when I was first prescribed it, they refused to give it to me because it's rare for teenagers to take it and they thought I was gunna top myself.

Tbh - I think, as I;ve said before, if it is regulated, and there is some kind of fraud-proof system - some kind of card or something, it should be fine. Obviously don't legalise every drug under the sun, but maybe some Class C drugs, and ones that CAN BE beneficial (eg; marijuana).

Also, some drugs could be made legal via prescription only - like in New Jersey, I believe, they legalised Marijuana by prescription. There is more than just one way of "legalising" a drug, it doesn't necessarily have to be over the counter available ;]

FlyingJesus
17-11-2010, 08:14 PM

People die through accidents on the road and at work, should we outlaw cars and jobs?

In what way would that be? Alcohol is a drug and a dangerous one at that, the only difference is legality

It's an interesting topic. Personally, I see no use for drugs in a wider, consumer market as dependence on any sort of substance is in itself depressing and says alot about an individual (naturally boring and uninteresting).

This argument comes up fairly often when drugs are discussed and I've never quite got the reasoning behind it - who has at any point mentioned a dependence? The massive majority of people who dabble in drugs are not addicted in any way, and the whole "you only need them if you're boring lololol have fun without" view is quite frankly of no use. I don't need to play football to have fun, I don't need to have friends around me to enjoy myself, and in the same way that ketchup isn't necessary with fish and chips but enhances it unless you go overboard with it, drugs are not necessary for a good evening but can enhance it if you know what you're doing.

Cannabis is one illegal substance which has some mild benefits and is often compared to alcohol with the "highs" involved (sometimes described as being drunk, but without the need to be sick")

Where do you get this from? I've never heard anyone compare the two as being anything alike, and the medicinal benefits of cannabis are nothing to do with the actual high anyway.

Drugs like cocaine, heroin and these drugs which have no benefits

If there were no benefits no-one would use them ;) I do agree with what you go on to say about the more dangerous ones remaining illegal though, simply because most people are nowhere educated enough or sensible enough to be trusted with the open marketing of such substances.

You've also got to think about the cost. Seeing as we're still in a state of not wanting to spend too much money, the Government cannot possibly legalise some substances (the ones that are arguably safer or easily comparible to currently legal substances) because the regulations involved, some of which already suggested, would cost a considerable amount of money and put a strain on the already tight spending of public money. It will cost alot for the Police/NHS to regulate who is taking what, and you've also got to remember the privacy restrictions - would the general public really want to have what they are consuming splashed about? It might lead to an unsightly prescedent of Government interfering with what we do in private.

Interesting point, and I definitely agree that the administration costs alone would be monstrous in setting up a legalised drug market if they were to regulate intake in such a tight way, but those which I would suggest as being candidates for legalising (cannabinoids, cathinones, some hallucinogens and a very few amphetamines) are in moderation of about equal or often much less danger than alcohol and tobacco, and could very easily be taxed enough that they wouldn't be the new White Lightning for a binge. The taxing of such compounds rather than recorded regulation would also of course raise money rather than lose it in the long run, and with them being legalised there would be little or no market for the production of the newer, more harmful "legal highs" which come about each time one gets banned. Without regulation they are open to be abused rather than simply used (and there is a huge difference when it comes to chemical intake) but abusers will abuse whether it's legal or not, as you can see just about every night in most towns with alcohol.

Call me narrow minded, but why should we legalise something which is a proven killer; for the sole reason of "recreational purposes?" If you take drugs, you're a moron in the first place - why should we feed your habit and legalise them?

I think I shall take you up on your suggestion: you are narrow-minded. Hundreds of thousands of legal and unregulated chemicals, actions, accidents and forces of nature are "proven killers", would you prefer we had no cars, no bleach, no electricity, no free movement to go outside of specially engineered bubbles of safety? As for your follow-up, you clearly have no idea of the range of people who take drugs or the range of how often those people might take them. Not every drug user is an abuser, not every user is an addict, not every addict is an abuser, etc. etc. etc., habit has nothing to do with this issue.

Jin
17-11-2010, 08:51 PM

Why should we risk public health as a "test"?

Why are we wasting money on the effects of binge drinking, its proven that more youths die from alcohol then cannabis? Why hasn't the alcohol age restriction been increased to 21 supposedly when youths are suppose to be more responsible then when they are 18.

I disagree.

I have encountered plenty of drug dealers in my time and frankly I reckon I feel safer in some of the red light districts of Reading than I do in the normal areas.

When I was 14 somebody mugged me for £20 and ran off and a pot dealer who saw it happen called his mate who grabbed the guy, beat the crap out of him, told him to never come back and got me £40 back. Yet I have had plenty of friends that have been mugged in nicer areas before and have lost their money.

After all you don't crap on your own doorstep.

Even if it were legalized it still wouldn't solve the dealing issue, the government would want to regulate it's potency and people will always want better grade so you will have to find a dealer again.

Drugs are illegal for a reason. Call me narrow minded, but why should we legalise something which is a proven killer; for the sole reason of "recreational purposes?"

Maybe police and crime experts should get to work and cut down on the drug dealings, rather than just legalise them. Surely legalising is just giving in and backing down? :S

You are narrow minded. Yes some drugs are killers as it were and they should remain illegal but others are not such as cannabis and mephedrone (yes there are a few rare cases of overdoses but in the grand scheme of things not much). Even a government health expert suggested that cannabis shouldn't be classified as illegal and if it is so bad then consider why an EU country (Netherlands) legalise it under regulations yet their society hasn't crumbled in some sort of apocalyptic war between health care accountants, police and drug smugglers.

If anything government should be taking a tougher approach on Alcohol and looser approach on cannabis.

How many deaths, asbo violations and general crime has occured because of Alchohol? If you have ever seen any form of cop documentary's half the time they are arresting drunk people. Even in experience my working at music festivals near enough 90% of complaints, medical cases, thefts and welfare issues are the direct result of alcohol.

The worse case scenario for a stoned person is the sales of the local tesco's crisps and chocolate biscuits have increased.

If anything the legalization of something like cannabis could probably end up being certainly beneficial.

Money would be saved on policing.
Crime reduction.
Tourism
Taxes

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Why are we wasting money on the effects of binge drinking, its proven that more youths die from alcohol then cannabis? Why hasn't the alcohol age restriction been increased to 21 supposedly when youths are suppose to be more responsible then when they are 18.

I have encountered plenty of drug dealers in my time and frankly I reckon I feel safer in some of the red light districts of Reading than I do in the normal areas.

When I was 14 somebody mugged me for £20 and ran off and a pot dealer who saw it happen called his mate who grabbed the guy, beat the crap out of him, told him to never come back and got me £40 back. Yet I have had plenty of friends that have been mugged in nicer areas before and have lost their money.

After all you don't crap on your own doorstep.

Even if it were legalized it still wouldn't solve the dealing issue, the government would want to regulate it's potency and people will always want better grade so you will have to find a dealer again.

You are narrow minded. Yes some drugs are killers as it were and they should remain illegal but others are not such as cannabis and mephedrone (yes there are a few rare cases of overdoses but in the grand scheme of things not much). Even a government health expert suggested that cannabis shouldn't be classified as illegal and if it is so bad then consider why an EU country (Netherlands) legalise it under regulations yet their society hasn't crumbled in some sort of apocalyptic war between health care accountants, police and drug smugglers.

If anything government should be taking a tougher approach on Alcohol and looser approach on cannabis.

How many deaths, asbo violations and general crime has occured because of Alchohol? If you have ever seen any form of cop documentary's half the time they are arresting drunk people. Even in experience my working at music festivals near enough 90% of complaints, medical cases, thefts and welfare issues are the direct result of alcohol.

The worse case scenario for a stoned person is the sales of the local tesco's crisps and chocolate biscuits have increased.

If anything the legalization of something like cannabis could probably end up being certainly beneficial.

Money would be saved on policing.
Crime reduction.
Tourism
Taxes

All your points are valid there :) and I agree,

and my point about drug dealers being murders - obviously not all are murderers, but a lot are certainly dangerous. And yes if they legalised it they would still be around for the black market, but it would put pressure on them due to lack of customers.

But yeah the rest of the stuff I agree with :)

GommeInc
17-11-2010, 09:07 PM
This argument comes up fairly often when drugs are discussed and I've never quite got the reasoning behind it - who has at any point mentioned a dependence? The massive majority of people who dabble in drugs are not addicted in any way, and the whole "you only need them if you're boring lololol have fun without" view is quite frankly of no use. I don't need to play football to have fun, I don't need to have friends around me to enjoy myself, and in the same way that ketchup isn't necessary with fish and chips but enhances it unless you go overboard with it, drugs are not necessary for a good evening but can enhance it if you know what you're doing.
Dependence in the sense of having to have it to have a good time, not the sort of dependence you get where you have to have it all the time for no reason what so ever, like drinking on a couch in a room doing sweet BA. I can see your point on the opinion that using these drugs doesn't necessarily make people boring, but it does exist and I can't really explain it. I guess cannabis costs quite alot (not sure what to guess if it was legal) and alcohol is something you can consume when in a club or bar on the go, and if cannabis was legal it would no doubt be treated the same as tobacco with a bit more regulation e.g. smoke at home, so you'd have to wait ages for someone to smoke a joint before you can go out. This is of couse looking at cannabis as a recreational drug outside the home though, inside the home where I believe it's mostly consumed (where it is legal in some countries) it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Where do you get this from? I've never heard anyone compare the two as being anything alike, and the medicinal benefits of cannabis are nothing to do with the actual high anyway.
Seriously? I've heard it a few times :P It's probably just lies to get people to do it, than actual truth behind the effects. And I didn't say the highs were the medicinal effects.

If there were no benefits no-one would use them ;) I do agree with what you go on to say about the more dangerous ones remaining illegal though, simply because most people are nowhere educated enough or sensible enough to be trusted with the open marketing of such substances.
Depends what you think of as benefits :P Smoking has none as far as I can tell, other than poor excuses of "I am troubled", but if that's what someone wants their money on then fair play. But it's interesting we agree that most people wouldn't be trusted with the drugs, but I guess they require a bit of brain activity to use them which many wouldn't have the time for if they're searching for a quick high.

Interesting point, and I definitely agree that the administration costs alone would be monstrous in setting up a legalised drug market if they were to regulate intake in such a tight way, but those which I would suggest as being candidates for legalising (cannabinoids, cathinones, some hallucinogens and a very few amphetamines) are in moderation of about equal or often much less danger than alcohol and tobacco, and could very easily be taxed enough that they wouldn't be the new White Lightning for a binge. The taxing of such compounds rather than recorded regulation would also of course raise money rather than lose it in the long run, and with them being legalised there would be little or no market for the production of the newer, more harmful "legal highs" which come about each time one gets banned. Without regulation they are open to be abused rather than simply used (and there is a huge difference when it comes to chemical intake) but abusers will abuse whether it's legal or not, as you can see just about every night in most towns with alcohol.
Then you have to question if the Government is raking money in with these people who don't really need drugs or those who didn't take them before. Judging by the real world, drugs like heroin, cannabis and cocaine do not have a use in the eyes of the general public, and the costs involved for the Government may not make it a viable option. One I can think of which maybe a problem (if money wasn't an issue) are these overdoses and other accidents taking up the valuable time of doctors and hospital staff, as well as police and security services, but that only really exists for cocaine and heroine which I /think/ are more easier to overdose on than cannabis (I've never really heard of cannabis O/Ds, it's usually the other two and I see cannabis mentioned more often too in terms of usage). Then again, clinching at straws, you could say there will be a rise in house fires :P

FlyingJesus
17-11-2010, 09:31 PM
alcohol is something you can consume when in a club or bar on the go, and if cannabis was legal it would no doubt be treated the same as tobacco with a bit more regulation e.g. smoke at home, so you'd have to wait ages for someone to smoke a joint before you can go out.

I may be reading this wrong but you appear to be suggesting that dangerous substances are best when able to be used out in public :P I'm sure you don't mean that but that's how it read lol

Then you have to question if the Government is raking money in with these people who don't really need drugs or those who didn't take them before. Judging by the real world, drugs like heroin, cannabis and cocaine do not have a use in the eyes of the general public, and the costs involved for the Government may not make it a viable option. One I can think of which maybe a problem (if money wasn't an issue) are these overdoses and other accidents taking up the valuable time of doctors and hospital staff, as well as police and security services, but that only really exists for cocaine and heroine which I /think/ are more easier to overdose on than cannabis (I've never really heard of cannabis O/Ds, it's usually the other two and I see cannabis mentioned more often too in terms of usage). Then again, clinching at straws, you could say there will be a rise in house fires :P

Yeah I can't think of a case for legalising cocaine and heroin without simply pulling out some anarcho-liberal ideas that I don't agree with lol, and even such arguments tend to have subclauses to cover things that dangerous if they want any credibility at all :D on the subject of overdoses though, anyone can overdose on any number of legal substances if they're not taken right. If legalised I'm sure there would be maximum guidelines set out for each substance as there currently is for alcohol, and anyone not taking heed of such advice is likely to be the kind who would do it regardless of the law - these are the "abusers" of which I speak. A cannabis overdose is possible but it's only going to make someone sick and have a hell of a headache really, there has never in history been a recorded case of death by marijuana overdose, and the only deaths attributed to cathinone abuse are due to folk being extremely stupid and taking a cocktail of various drugs at the same time.

One thing I'll mention now as I don't recall having seen it in this thread yet (although I might have just missed it) is that if sold legally, drugs such as mephedrone and ecstacy would have guaranteed purity - something that one can never expect at present and something that could potentially help to avoid a lot of the problems associated with abuse/overuse.

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I may be reading this wrong but you appear to be suggesting that dangerous substances are best when able to be used out in public :P I'm sure you don't mean that but that's how it read lol

Yeah I can't think of a case for legalising cocaine and heroin without simply pulling out some anarcho-liberal ideas that I don't agree with lol, and even such arguments tend to have subclauses to cover things that dangerous if they want any credibility at all :D on the subject of overdoses though, anyone can overdose on any number of legal substances if they're not taken right. If legalised I'm sure there would be maximum guidelines set out for each substance as there currently is for alcohol, and anyone not taking heed of such advice is likely to be the kind who would do it regardless of the law - these are the "abusers" of which I speak. A cannabis overdose is possible but it's only going to make someone sick and have a hell of a headache really, there has never in history been a recorded case of death by marijuana overdose, and the only deaths attributed to cathinone abuse are due to folk being extremely stupid and taking a cocktail of various drugs at the same time.

One thing I'll mention now as I don't recall having seen it in this thread yet (although I might have just missed it) is that if sold legally, drugs such as mephedrone and ecstacy would have guaranteed purity - something that one can never expect at present and something that could potentially help to avoid a lot of the problems associated with abuse/overuse.

The fact that the drugs would be 100% pure would be a selling point. Although I don't think ANY Class A drugs should be legalised. Some C's and a few B's maybe. But I would want to know what I'm taking is 100% pure lol, because I know they put rat poison & **** in cocaine ect.

Zak
18-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Personally I think the world would be a better place without drugs, alcohol and tobacco.. but that's just my view.

As Mr. Mackay would say "Drugs are bad, mmkay!"

GommeInc
18-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I can't see it in that bit you quoted :P I suggested if they were legalised, they would be treated the same way as smoking tobacco with a bit more regulation e.g. only smoked at home.

I can't think of a case either, they're too dangerous for the wider market... unless people were educated, but I really cannot see someone showing someone else how to stick a needle in their arm or any government information about how to take them :P Perhaps one other difference is that cocaine and heroin are a bit unnatural? Such as cocaine, which is taken through the noise which I'm sure people who could get their hand on it would refuse to do, it's a bit unnatural sniffing anything like that in the first place and needles tend to be feared by many people, and are only ever used by anyone in the medical profession. The other drugs tend to be treated like mixers - you take other drugs at the same time which, like you said, is the cause of death or serious harm in alot of people.

That's a good point! I remember when the Government were going to give addicts (of heroin?) the drug to wean them off it, and one of the advantages was it would be pure rather than what some dealers do which is mix it with other chemicals or make it too powerful. I think they do that with cannabis too, by having just a tiny bit of cannabis, but mix it with other things like hemp, but I guess with cannabis you don't have to worry so much as it tends to mostly go in the air than in the body :P

FlyingJesus
18-11-2010, 01:36 AM
You can get given opiates if you go into critical condition because the withdrawal symptoms of a severe heroin addiction are so far beyond the psychological that they can be fatal, I'm not sure about other substances but yes laboratory versions of many drugs are already used in rehabilitation processes as well as hospital stabilisation. Still not suggesting that the big boys of the drug world are made readily available over the counter of course, just saying that purity is something that could easily be regulated if there was ever a way for the government to legalise some of the less harmful chemicals and compounds without having the idea slammed before it even got to paper :P

Stephen
18-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Imo I think they should legalise the recently banned stuff like synthetic cannabinoids etc. I dunno about mcat though, legalising I think 3-FMC (which is in charge I think :S) was what was used before mcat was all the rage plus it didn't even get much public attention, probably cos no one knew what was in it until cathinones got banned.

But tbh I think it's a big mistake banning research chemicals, when they ban a drug they are just telling people to break the law because the majority of the people who did them have now started on illegal drugs or gone back to illegal drugs.

But yeah, recently banned stuff should be legalised as a test run because afterall, they weren't causing any trouble when they were legal, they just got an expected badluck of media attention

JerseySafety
18-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Weed. <3

Edited by Shar (Trialist Forum Moderator) Please do not post pointlessly, thanks.

kuzkasate
18-11-2010, 05:18 PM
make it legal.

if people choose to take drugs & get addicted, fine, their choice and their problem.

Santorefish
19-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Please elaborate :) I think I know what you mean, but it'll be interesting to see what you mean as an individual.

Well lets take alchohol, its legal, and will, if we think about it, will take a heck of alot of it to die directly from alcohol. With drugs it can be as easy as 1 pill to kill youself. Also, a large majority of people who take drugs are homeless, and take it to get rid of their worries. For that reason i think certain drugs should be made legal for a certain group(s) of indiviuals who perhaps are forced to take it because they have nothing better in their lives. They could not be compared because this group of people turn to drugs, not alcohol. For that reason i believe they should not be compared.

I agree with you 100% matthew

FlyingJesus
19-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Well lets take alchohol, its legal, and will, if we think about it, will take a heck of alot of it to die directly from alcohol. With drugs it can be as easy as 1 pill to kill youself. Also, a large majority of people who take drugs are homeless

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You have no clue about the pharmaceutrical aspects of this discussion, about the effects of various drugs (even the legal ones) or about society as a whole apparently. The hugely massive minority of drug users are homeless, and your comment about 1 pill being able to kill you shows that you're lumping all drugs into one category and still somehow believing that alcohol "doesn't count". As for that, here's a handy chart of how dangerous various drugs are:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41949000/gif/_41949092_drugs_graph_416.gif

it's from 2006 so it may not be entirely up to date with certain street purity changes and a couple of classifications have changed, but chemicals themselves don't suddenly change their effects on the human brain and body so you can take it as being almost totally accurate still I'm sure. The fact that you base alcohol being safe on it being legal is just laughable

Moh
19-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Canabis should be legal. There aren't many risks, people can't really get dependant on it. Look at Amsterdam for example, they don't have any problems.

The government would make millions/billions from taxing it haha

Stephen
20-11-2010, 05:05 PM
alcohol is just a bad poison that people like until they get poisoned too much.

Most drugs, you don't need to go ott like alcohol which is one of the reasons why I think alcohol is obviously one of the worst drugs

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Legalise Cannabis & Ecstacy, i don't care for the others but it is laughable that Tobacco & Alcohol are legal when they do more damage than them. :\

Stephen
20-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Legalise Cannabis & Ecstacy, i don't care for the others but it is laughable that Tobacco & Alcohol are legal when they do more damage than them. :\

That was what I was trying to get at, I just didn't put it in those words :P

I agree, with you. For example: I take aspirin for my heart condition, but when I was first prescribed it, they refused to give it to me because it's rare for teenagers to take it and they thought I was gunna top myself.

Tbh - I think, as I;ve said before, if it is regulated, and there is some kind of fraud-proof system - some kind of card or something, it should be fine. Obviously don't legalise every drug under the sun, but maybe some Class C drugs, and ones that CAN BE beneficial (eg; marijuana).

Also, some drugs could be made legal via prescription only - like in New Jersey, I believe, they legalised Marijuana by prescription. There is more than just one way of "legalising" a drug, it doesn't necessarily have to be over the counter available ;]

edit: I see you might be talking about the graph tom posted but still

You say maybe some class c drugs and ones that can be beneficial should be legalised and then say ecstasy should be legal :S Ecstasy is a class a drug and isn't beneficial....... also you said..

I personally am against taking drugs, but I think legalising then will:

Stop drug/gang culture
Stabilise additctions
Make the government plenty in tax
And drug dealers will lose their jobs.

You say you don't care about the others but said this. Surely if you thought this was true then you'd care about the others because cannabis and ecstasy won't stop gangs, addictions etc :S

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 08:05 PM
edit: I see you might be talking about the graph tom posted but still

You say maybe some class c drugs and ones that can be beneficial should be legalised and then say ecstasy should be legal :S Ecstasy is a class a drug and isn't beneficial....... also you said..

You say you don't care about the others but said this. Surely if you thought this was true then you'd care about the others because cannabis and ecstasy won't stop gangs, addictions etc :S

I don't care about the ones that are unhealthy. Ecstasy, as referring to the graph, is clearly not that bad, I have no idea why it is Class A and I'd legalise it along with Marijuana.

And no, nothing will ever stop addictions & gangs, but it will lower them. I just think legalising drugs like heroin & cocaine is madness, but legalising drugs with proven benefits (eg; Marijuana) or less of a hazard (ecstasy) will be good.

obviously it should be in moderation with some kind of system to limit the amount per week/month/year but I don't see a problem with legalising the less dangerous ones.

karter
21-11-2010, 11:26 AM
A certain ID should be made that allows you to buy drugs only if you work in pharmacies and medical fields , there should be a strict check on the trades of these drugs and its sale should be limited too.

And no, nothing will ever stop addictions & gangs, but it will lower them. I just think legalising drugs like heroin & cocaine is madness, but legalising drugs with proven benefits (eg; Marijuana) or less of a hazard (ecstasy) will be good.

obviously it should be in moderation with some kind of system to limit the amount per week/month/year but I don't see a problem with legalising the less dangerous ones.

First of all Marijuana is the most traded drug in the world , if it is legalized , South american and Afghani drugs trade will flourish once again .

make it legal.

if people choose to take drugs & get addicted, fine, their choice and their problem.

Ok first of all , drugs are illegal because people get addicted and then become ill , for a nation those people are a resource and the drugs are the things which are degrading those precious resources
If drugs are made legal , Imagine every youngster getting addicted , wast rackets flourishing..

-:Undertaker:-
21-11-2010, 01:49 PM
As Nigel Farage has said (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyPw8Q3gyM); establish a Royal Commission to look seriously into the possibility of legalising all drugs/most drugs as it costs the government £50bn-£70bn a year to continue the war on drugs which only ends up 'solving' less than 1% of drug dealing/taking. The war on drugs is failing.

Drugs can be dangerous, nobody disputes that. Just as nobody disputes that alcohol can be dangerous. But so is driving, eating fatty foods and so forth. If people want to take drugs then let them do so, by allowing drugs to be sold as alcohol/cigarettes are sold then you remove the monopoly the drug dealers have on the drug industry - in reply to the government tax idea, i'm against extra stealth taxes on alcohol, cigarettes, fuel and would be the same on this issue - tax should ideally (and we could do this, meaning a smaller state) be the same across the board on all items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFYCky0muY

The prohibition of alcohol was a complete failure, as such is the war on drugs.

kuzkasate
21-11-2010, 03:06 PM
A certain ID should be made that allows you to buy drugs only if you work in pharmacies and medical fields , there should be a strict check on the trades of these drugs and its sale should be limited too.

First of all Marijuana is the most traded drug in the world , if it is legalized , South american and Afghani drugs trade will flourish once again .

Ok first of all , drugs are illegal because people get addicted and then become ill , for a nation those people are a resource and the drugs are the things which are degrading those precious resources
If drugs are made legal , Imagine every youngster getting addicted , wast rackets flourishing..
then thats there own problem. if they want to be so stupid and take drugs and die, let them, their problems. the government wastes way too much money on all this ****.

Stephen
21-11-2010, 04:40 PM
As Nigel Farage has said (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyPw8Q3gyM); establish a Royal Commission to look seriously into the possibility of legalising all drugs/most drugs as it costs the government £50bn-£70bn a year to continue the war on drugs which only ends up 'solving' less than 1% of drug dealing/taking. The war on drugs is failing.

Drugs can be dangerous, nobody disputes that. Just as nobody disputes that alcohol can be dangerous. But so is driving, eating fatty foods and so forth. If people want to take drugs then let them do so, by allowing drugs to be sold as alcohol/cigarettes are sold then you remove the monopoly the drug dealers have on the drug industry - in reply to the government tax idea, i'm against extra stealth taxes on alcohol, cigarettes, fuel and would be the same on this issue - tax should ideally (and we could do this, meaning a smaller state) be the same across the board on all items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFYCky0muY

The prohibition of alcohol was a complete failure, as such is the war on drugs.

I don't mind drugs and all but with the current law people have seen drugs as a bad thing.. Would you really want all drugs to be accepted like alcohol and tobacco? Hey I'm 18 I can finally drink take ecstasy, cocaine and lsd!

I think that legalisation of drugs would be a good thing yeah but only in your own home.. Have friends round and take drugs, don't bring it into the public view and no harm will be caused. You may feel the happiest person on earth taking ecstasy but you'd still be happy if you accidently killed someone under it's influence.

Andeeh
21-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I haven't read posts from first page, but I feel that cannabis should be legalised. To me personally it seems like a harmless drug and to be honest most teenagers dabble with it here and there. It hasn't killed anyone.

Matthew
21-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Well lets take alchohol, its legal, and will, if we think about it, will take a heck of alot of it to die directly from alcohol. With drugs it can be as easy as 1 pill to kill youself. Also, a large majority of people who take drugs are homeless, and take it to get rid of their worries.

You what?

Alcohol can be just as harmful as some drugs, and to say that the majority of drug-takers are homeless is just ridiculous.
Yes people may take drugs to rid themselves of their worries, but to say that most of them do it because they're homeless is just wrong..

Hayleigh
21-11-2010, 10:34 PM
If it was strictly watched over yes . Also if someone says not to do something you do it so looseing up a tad could help :). But still quite strict...

Intoxicated
22-11-2010, 01:57 PM

I disagree, legalising them will make them more readily available and more used.

I haven't read posts from first page, but I feel that cannabis should be legalised. To me personally it seems like a harmless drug and to be honest most teenagers dabble with it here and there. It hasn't killed anyone.

But Cannabis can be seen as a gateway drug onto harder substances. Also, Just because no one has die as a direct result of taking it, the substance does cause certain effects which are abnormal and can lead to death.

Andeeh
25-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I disagree, legalising them will make them more readily available and more used.

But Cannabis can be seen as a gateway drug onto harder substances. Also, Just because no one has die as a direct result of taking it, the substance does cause certain effects which are abnormal and can lead to death.

Personally I don't think it is a gatway to harder drugs not for me anyway, maybe for some people who want to try any drug they want though. It may cause abnormal effects but the same can be said with excessive drinking or smoking which can lead to death. All im saying is that quite a large majority of teenagers and adults do it anyway so why not just make it legal with obviously some restrictions in place.

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 06:15 PM

Drinking causes unusual affects - should we outlaw that? Smoking causes unusual affects - should we outlaw that?

Your answer will undoubtedly be no. Drinking causes you to get drunk, be violent ect. I drink from time to time at parties and I'm not in favour of banning it, but if you want to keep cannabis illegal for the reason "it causes abnormal effects" well take any drug and it does that.

FlyingJesus
25-11-2010, 06:22 PM
All im saying is that quite a large majority of teenagers and adults do it anyway

Aww you were doing so well until this point :( as you can probably tell from my other posts in this thread I'm in agreement with you on the base points that you started with, but there is absolutely no way that the majority of teens and adults take illegal drugs :P

Grig
25-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I think that weed should be legalized, but nothing beyond that. I got friends in America who do various drugs and like it, and if taken in the right way and knowing the source, then it is not exactly deadly. Although my views to that are different, as I am not going to outright say, hey let's get new laws which legalize them for recreational purposes. I would do it for weed, then keep the rest banned.

Some people point to alcohol here. I would disagree, simply because if you want to die of alcohol, it would be march harder to do so than with drugs. Drugs do take a much faster effect and a much more hallucinogenic one at that fact. So, to say well it should be would lead to much greater a death toll, as believe me a large bulk of the population DOES not know how to use a drug properly.

Although on the other hand, if they are sold legally there may be less 'dodgy' sources of the drug, i.e. one that could potentially be mixed up with God knows what and lead to death anyway. But at the end of the day I shall not be contradictory and stand by the first point of legalising weed and nothing beyond that, as the number of people who use drugs will increase, with these people not being able to use them 'properly'.

FlyingJesus
25-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Some people point to alcohol here. I would disagree, simply because if you want to die of alcohol, it would be march harder to do so than with drugs.

This is entirely untrue as shown earlier in the thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=674993&p=6843920#post6843920)

Drugs do take a much faster effect and a much more hallucinogenic one at that fact.

You're again seeming to assume that all drugs are the same.. the huge majority of street drugs aren't hallucinogens of any sort, and in fact alcohol can have such effects due to being so disorientating for some people

believe me a large bulk of the population DOES not know how to use a drug properly.

This however you are entirely correct about, and in fact people not having the knowledge they ought to prior to bashing their brains with chemicals is a far bigger killer than the drugs ever would be if used appropriately, but unfortunately some people seem to think they're invincible

Grig
25-11-2010, 09:12 PM
This is entirely untrue as shown earlier in the thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=674993&p=6843920#post6843920)

You're again seeming to assume that all drugs are the same.. the huge majority of street drugs aren't hallucinogens of any sort, and in fact alcohol can have such effects due to being so disorientating for some people

This however you are entirely correct about, and in fact people not having the knowledge they ought to prior to bashing their brains with chemicals is a far bigger killer than the drugs ever would be if used appropriately, but unfortunately some people seem to think they're invincible

I saw the graph you posted earlier in the thread, apologies for skipping it. It is true, believe it or not- weed is healthier for you in the long run compared to tobacco. About tobacco, I'm not doubting its dangers at all. For alcohol, it also depends on the kind of alcohol you talk about, whether it is vodka or beer say for example. Although, some drugs are much easier to get hooked on, whilst with alcohol you have a proportion of the population who suffer from alcoholism, however that is not the majority. In drugs, this statistical figure will be significantly higher.

As for the second point there, yes this is true- however then, there needs to be a very delicate line struck on the drugs actually sold, not implying to sell every illegal drug in the world.

FlyingJesus
25-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Comparing a pint of vodka to a pint of beer is somewhat like comparing a half line of coke to a couple of grams, it's the same substance but a different dosage which again brings us back to the point of users needing to have some idea what they're doing before snorting down a few hundred quid in one go :P

Cocaine isn't one of the drugs I believe safe enough to be legalised by the way, was just using it for the example, and I certainly won't suggest legalising everything below alcohol on that list, as what it fails to take into account is how easy to dangerously abuse many of them are - GHB for instance ranks fairly low on that list but can be used in larger quantities as a cheap alternative to the high-ranking benzos on the graph, and over a third of the deaths attributed to GHB in one publication had nothing else toxic in the person's system. Again, back to people simply not being educated or seemingly caring about dosage, which then spoils it for everyone

Santorefish
26-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Please dont be rude, im generalising my views and opinions and if you dont like it dont comment on it?

When i say u can take one pill and die, thats depending on other things obviously, but all in all it will take more pints of beer to kill you then it would cocaine

ChickenFaces
26-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going to say it all depends.

Crime rates would obviously go down, however the trafficking of more serious drugs might possibly go up because since drug dealers don't have to provide those recreational drugs anymore, they can concentrate on the other drugs that they sell and it might lead to problems in the future in that respect.

Someone stated above that people usually do drugs for the appeal of doing something 'rebellious' and this is somewhat true, however as soon as someone gets hooked on a drug it's no longer for the rebellious appeal. I think that is what draws people to drugs really. Maybe legalizing some gateway drugs such as marijuana might do some good in helping that, but it also might have the same effect that alcohol does to teens who drink while they're underage if we set an age limit. Then teens will be even more likely to start doing recreational drugs such as pot.

There's also the fact that since the crime rate will go down, what are the police going to do? There's pros and cons to this. They will have more time to focus on other more important crimes and the amount of prisoners in jail will drop exponentially, however it takes a huge chunk of work that could be done away from the police force, providing less jobs for them and basically will cut police forces down by a lot.

If they really wanted to legalize some drugs, I suppose that the only one that should be legalized should be marijuana.

-:Undertaker:-
26-11-2010, 06:28 PM
The argument that we should regulate some drugs and not allow others isn't getting to the issue of why it should be legalised;- firstly if I want to smoke/inject myself or grow plants which give an effect that there is demand for then why the hell is that any business of the government? Secondly most of the drugs we are talking about 'regulating' are already regulated as they are illegal, government cannot regulate these things as shown when the US government attempted to ban alcohol which resulted in a crime-driven monopoly over alcohol.

FlyingJesus
26-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Please dont be rude, im generalising my views and opinions and if you dont like it dont comment on it?

It's far ruder to enter a debate on something you have no knowledge of and spout nonsense as though they were facts. It's not a "view" or "opinion" that most drug users are homeless, it's an entirely incorrect statement. It's not a "view" or "opinion" that alcohol is a less deadly substance than all illegal drugs, that's also an entirely incorrect statement.

When i say u can take one pill and die, thats depending on other things obviously

Yeah that was totally obvious and definitely makes your point relevant... perhaps I'll go around trying to convince people that breathing is worse for you than not breathing, and then if someone proves me wrong I'll just claim OBVIOUSLY I meant if you're in a room filled with poisonous gases

all in all it will take more pints of beer to kill you then it would cocaine

Well yeah, a pint of beer is around 4 or 5% alcohol whereas a line of cocaine is even at its most impure likely to be around 40% cocaine, and coke rates higher on the scale than alcohol anyway so bad choice of example. As I said in my last post above, it all depends on dosage and that is where the fatal mistakes are most often made - not just with the illegal substances but also alcohol.

it also might have the same effect that alcohol does to teens who drink while they're underage if we set an age limit. Then teens will be even more likely to start doing recreational drugs such as pot.

I can't speak for everyone of course but in my early teens (ie: before 18) it was always farrrrrrr easier to get hold of weed than alcohol anyway, as obviously we couldn't be sold alcohol but drug dealers tend to not care so much about age as what they're doing is already illegal, so you don't need an older friend to help you out or any such business

Unarmoured
26-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Weed is the only drug I think should be legalised, not too sure about anything else. I'd like to try most drugs before I die and if they were legalised it'd make the goal too easy.

Santorefish
27-11-2010, 08:58 AM
It's far ruder to enter a debate on something you have no knowledge of and spout nonsense as though they were facts. It's not a "view" or "opinion" that most drug users are homeless, it's an entirely incorrect statement. It's not a "view" or "opinion" that alcohol is a less deadly substance than all illegal drugs, that's also an entirely incorrect statement.

Calm down mate, it IS my view and IS my opinion, if you dont like it dont read it.

FlyingJesus
28-11-2010, 02:38 AM
If you don't know the difference between an opinion (ie: something that can be wrong or right to different people based on personal ideals) and a fact (ie: something that is either wrong or right to everyone and cannot be argued with) then I truly feel sorry for you.

As for not reading it, that's a somewhat foolish suggestion here as a debate requires one to respond to others, which can't be done if I don't read what's said.

Santorefish
30-11-2010, 04:20 PM
If you don't know the difference between an opinion (ie: something that can be wrong or right to different people based on personal ideals) and a fact (ie: something that is either wrong or right to everyone and cannot be argued with) then I truly feel sorry for you.

As for not reading it, that's a somewhat foolish suggestion here as a debate requires one to respond to others, which can't be done if I don't read what's said.

Ok then mate, read it but if u truely disagree then say so politely, as for the difference between opinion and fact i know the difference perfectly well.

But drugs are drugs, alcohol is a type of poison that kills the liver slowly

FlyingJesus
30-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Alcohol is a drug. (http://www.teengrowth.com/index.cfm?action=info_advice&ID_Advice=2298)

Andeeh
30-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Aww you were doing so well until this point :( as you can probably tell from my other posts in this thread I'm in agreement with you on the base points that you started with, but there is absolutely no way that the majority of teens and adults take illegal drugs :P
That was pretty stupid tbh, obviously not more teens and adults do then don't. Also the fact that legalising would also be beneficial to the police, instead of handing to hand out cannabis warnings left, right and centre just let them be

Apple
01-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes let's make drugs legal so we can all become drug addicts.

Andeeh
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes let's make drugs legal so we can all become drug addicts.
Why would everyone instantly become drug addicts? People don't take drugs to become hooked on them either, they want to try something different and get an effect on the body much like drinking does. We aren't talking about highly addictive drugs such as heroin or cocaine as they should always be illegal. When it comes to drugs such as Cannabis however in my opinion it should be legal as I feel it would make the whole system easier.

-Danube-
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Debate has finished, Top Contributor will be contacted shortly!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!