PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Job?

Swastika
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Anybody here ever had a cleaning job?
I've just got a job cleaning for "Next" on a morning, 8-10 am.

Only a couple of hours, think it's gonna be easy, mopping and wiping all morning lol? :P

Anyone done it before?

Suspective
06-12-2010, 10:27 PM
It shouldn't be that bad if its in Next.

Good luck with it :)

Swastika
06-12-2010, 10:33 PM
It shouldn't be that bad if its in Next.

Good luck with it :)
That's what i was thinking, not the dirtiest place in the world.
Go with my mother on a morning too, free McDonalds on her before hand haha.
Cheers buddy.

Conservative,
06-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Shouldn't be too bad...maybe just muddy shoe prints or something and wiping up surfaces. Have fun.

Swastika
06-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Shouldn't be too bad...maybe just muddy shoe prints or something and wiping up surfaces. Have fun.
Have fun, haha, yeah cheers pal.

Mikey
07-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah it should be fine for you. The shop is usually generally clean anyway :}

Swastika
07-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Aye it was my first day today, quite easy to be fair.
Just mopping the shops floor, sweeping the staff room and sweeping the toilets, easy money lol.
Killer having to get up at 6.30 though.

AgnesIO
07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Do you feel embarrassed at all standing cleaning in front of other people?

Sounds stupid, but I tend to feel embarrassed doing jobs that aren't considered 'good jobs'.

Not sure how old you are, but it is easy money either way - not exactly pushing yourself to the limit - and when there is space for a job you might be able to apply to work at the tills and work your way up!

Swastika
07-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Do you feel embarrassed at all standing cleaning in front of other people?

Sounds stupid, but I tend to feel embarrassed doing jobs that aren't considered 'good jobs'.

Not sure how old you are, but it is easy money either way - not exactly pushing yourself to the limit - and when there is space for a job you might be able to apply to work at the tills and work your way up!
To be honest mate, it's not exactly a career i'm going to be pursuing, i'll probably look back one day and think "asif i used to clean up for money", but at the end of the day it brings in money and £6 is a great wage for a "not so good job". I'd probably rather go in on a morning for a couple of hours, rather than stand around all day behind a desk at the tills lol, i'm probably on more money too because cleaning is a dirtier job.
Why are you embarrassed? Money is money to me, plus i clean up in my awesome Nike kicks, so im still pimping. :P

AgnesIO
07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
To be honest mate, it's not exactly a career i'm going to be pursuing, i'll probably look back one day and think "asif i used to clean up for money", but at the end of the day it brings in money and £6 is a great wage for a "not so good job". I'd probably rather go in on a morning for a couple of hours, rather than stand around all day behind a desk at the tills lol, i'm probably on more money too because cleaning is a dirtier job.
Why are you embarrassed? Money is money to me, plus i clean up in my awesome Nike kicks, so im still pimping. :P

I guess I am sort of snobby - like I wouldn't put myself above others - since many people who take these low end jobs permanently could earn more money sitting at home. I just don't really fit in to little jobs - I hate being looked down on I guess :P

I guess being a referee doesn't help! I can earn a fairly nice sum of money for doing very little work, which means I end up with the attitude 'I am not working for that sort of money' :P

Just out of interest how old are you (are you still in education), and what do you aim to do in the future? :)

Swastika
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I guess I am sort of snobby - like I wouldn't put myself above others - since many people who take these low end jobs permanently could earn more money sitting at home. I just don't really fit in to little jobs - I hate being looked down on I guess :P

I guess being a referee doesn't help! I can earn a fairly nice sum of money for doing very little work, which means I end up with the attitude 'I am not working for that sort of money' :P

Just out of interest how old are you (are you still in education), and what do you aim to do in the future? :)
Im 17, studying joinery, this is my second job and i am from Middlesbrough.
Just having a job is looked upon greatly from round here, at least im not another statistic.

AgnesIO
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Im 17, studying joinery, this is my second job and i am from Middlesbrough.
Just having a job is looked upon greatly from round here, at least im not another statistic.

Feel dead stupid here, especially when you consider I am supposed to be an 'academic'..

What is joinery? :P

Swastika
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Feel dead stupid here, especially when you consider I am supposed to be an 'academic'..

What is joinery? :P
Carpentry and joinery.
You know hanging doors, making roofs, skirting boards, floorboards etc lol? :P

AgnesIO
07-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Carpentry and joinery.
You know hanging doors, making roofs, skirting boards, floorboards etc lol? :P

Ah I get it :P

You can see I considered that as a life choice :P

My Uncle is a carpenter - can make good money if you are good at it.

Shar
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
used to work at next, it's not that bad for cleaners really as it's not that of a mess after a normal day
When I worked for the sale it wasn't that bad either

Swastika
07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
used to work at next, it's not that bad for cleaners really as it's not that of a mess after a normal day
When I worked for the sale it wasn't that bad either
Staff room is disgraceful though, food packets and drink cartons all over and shot under chairs etc.
No need to be that messy lol.

Jin
08-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Staff Toilets, Back of Scene, Hoover and Mop the shop floor that is all you do.

Retail staff do the stands, display windows, surfaces and even empty the shop floor bins shouldn't be too bad or at least they did when I used to work there 6 years ago. (HOLY CRAP THAT WAS SOME TIME AGO)

I have been in charge of the cleaning of a whole festival site and yeah sometimes I feel that people think I am on some sort of community service type duty. In reality though cleaning is a great job, your job is to look at floors all day which is a great place for finding things.

Hyde park calling a few years ago I found in total £328 in change on the floor spread out across the site which was great on top of my wages. Haven't beaten that record yet.

Recursion
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Nice one :) I like seeing people do something with themselves! XD

Swastika
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Aye second day went easily again, just mopping and sweeping to be fair.
Couldn't ask for easier money. :P

Shar
08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Staff room is disgraceful though, food packets and drink cartons all over and shot under chairs etc.
No need to be that messy lol.
I know right, thank god I was only a christmas temp! Hope it goes well for you :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!