PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn sack Sam Allardyce

Arron
13-12-2010, 05:27 PM
This time last week I posted about Chris Hughton gettin the boot from Newcastle..

Today, Sam Allardyce has been sacked from Blackburn Rovers.

Blackburn Rovers (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blackburn) have announced the departure of their manager, Sam Allardyce (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/sam-allardyce), and his assistant, Neil McDonald, "as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club".

The move came after their 2-1 defeat to one of Allardyce's former clubs, Bolton Wanderers, yesterday, and with the club 13th in the Premier League.

A club statement read: "The Venky's Group, owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, has today confirmed the departure of manager Sam Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald with immediate effect. First-team coaching duties will be taken on by Steve Kean (currently first-team coach) for the immediate future.

Deak
13-12-2010, 05:28 PM
What the ****?

Another sacking in which i never thought would happen :/

Matthew
13-12-2010, 06:27 PM
considering the trouble blackburn was in when sam went to them, id say he hasnt done a bad job, considering the funds hes been given.

didnt see this coming though

Middlesbrough
14-12-2010, 02:52 AM
It seems that clubs that have been in mid-league most of their 'life' have decided its not good enough, thats the way I'm seeing it anyway

T@R
14-12-2010, 01:49 PM
New owners, new start.
I'm not too shocked, and I think Sam could get another good job if he really wanted to.

Zak
16-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Sam was a great manager :\ obviously Bolton were his old club and Blackburn didn't play awful, they only lost 2-1.. and Bolton are on great form this season...

I support Bolton btw :p

StefanWolves
17-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Sam was a great manager :\ obviously Bolton were his old club and Blackburn didn't play awful, they only lost 2-1.. and Bolton are on great form this season...

I support Bolton btw :pYou owe Sam Allardyce EVERYTHING.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!