PDA

View Full Version : Gai Assulin signs for Manchester City

Yupt
15-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Record-breaking Israeli international Gai Assulin has joined City after leaving Barcelona, and the 19-year-old attacking midfielder can't wait to link up with his new team-mates.

Assulin, who became the youngest player capped for Israel two weeks before his 17th birthday, has signed a two-and-a-half year deal after swapping the Nou Camp for the "Blue Camp" at the City of Manchester Stadium.

He said: "I had heard a lot about City, and as soon as I saw the club I wanted to stay. I'm at a great club and I hope to be here a long time. I have to take my opportunity and learn every day in training."

Assulin, who played against City in a prestige Nou Camp friendly at the start of last season, follows in Yaya Toure's footsteps and added: "I speak with Yaya every day - and I hope to be playing alongside him!"

Gai, linked with several leading clubs, including Arsenal, after leaving the European champions, is "excited" at the prospect of playing in the Barclays Premier League and says: "I hope to show I can play at this level."

He made his first senior start in a competitive match in the Copa del Rey against Cultural Leonesa in October last year, and the Israel Under-21 regular is expected to receive another senior call-up later this season.

When Assulin came off the bench for Israel's friendly against Chile in 2008 as a 16-year-old, the 78th-minute substitute broke Ben Sahar's record for the youngest debut by 195 days.

Lets hope he's good :)

Article: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/December/Gai-Assulin-signs-for-Manchester-City

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!