PDA

View Full Version : Best wwe matches.

Lost_Addict
19-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Alright i've decided to watch some "classic matches" and i'd like you to suggest your favorite.

I'm looking for post 1999 and before 2007 :)

I'll start fo this thread with my favorite match of all time. Eddie gurrero vs. brock lesnar for the title at No Way Out. truley great.

Zak
19-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Royal Rumble 2000 - Mic Foley vs Triple H
Summerslam 2000 - TLC 1
Wrestlemania 17 - TLC 2
Survivor Series 2001 - I think 8 man elimination tag, team wwe vs team wcw,ecw.
Wrestlemania 20 - 3 way benoit, hhh, shawn michaels

e5
19-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Wrestlemania 19 - Austin vs. The Rock

Arron
19-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Watch all three of Austin v The Rock at Wrestlemania's. You can't beat the excitement between these two. I get goosebumps :)

Off topic a little, but I've just started buying PPV Events from 1998-2004 from Amazon. My last order was Wrestlemania 19. This and WM 17 were the best ones so I think if I was you I'd start doing what I'm doing :)

-Heart
19-12-2010, 02:59 PM
There's literally dozens that you could watch, but here a few of my personal favourites.

Undertaker vs. Mankind - Hell In A Cell, King Of The Ring 1998
The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WrestleMania 15, WrestleMania 17, WrestleMania 19
The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian - TLC Match, WrestleMania 17
Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker - Ladder Match, Monday Night RAW 2002
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart - Ironman Match, WrestleMania 12
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin - Submission Match, WrestleMania 13
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - Hell In A Cell, Bad Blood: In Your House 1997
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania 25
Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WrestleMania 10

Jam
19-12-2010, 03:08 PM
HBK/HHH Armageddon 2002 (?) Best of 3 falls.
Guerrero/Lesnar No Way Out 2004
Shane McMahon/Kane Unforgiven 2003 Last Man Standing
Others I know have been mentioned.

Zak
19-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Alot of matches involving kurt angle and chris beniot as well. So good. Espically Angle.

-Heart
19-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Also, the 6-man Hell In A Cell involving Undertaker, The Rock, Austin, Angle, Triple H and Rikishi. Can't remember when it was, think maybe 2000?

Jam
19-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Also, the 6-man Hell In A Cell involving Undertaker, The Rock, Austin, Angle, Triple H and Rikishi. Can't remember when it was, think maybe 2000?

Just watched that on YouTube recently, yeah, Armageddon 2000. Shame about the WWF censorship blurs all over the place though.

Hoot
19-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Sorry to break it to you all but wrestling is fake.

Arron
19-12-2010, 07:34 PM

I know other people on this forum will further this argument and I'll leave those to do so.

Don't be sorry, you should be. Wrestling is fixed. Not fake.

-Heart
19-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Really? Holy **** I had absolutely no idea. Thanks *****.

Zak
19-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Lol I'm sure he won't think it's so fake when he gets thrown off a 16ft cage and though the announce table bruising his kidney, then through the cage leaving a chair to smack him in the face knocking a tooth through his nose and injuring his shoulder. Then smacked back first twice, on a bed of pins.

It maybe fixed, but the hazards are real. They are tremendous athletes there's no doubt about that, watching AJ Styles alone proves that.

Misawa
20-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Bret Hart vs. Austin at WrestleMania 13
Bret vs. Owen at WrestleMania 14
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 19 (was better than Lesnar/Angle)
Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 12
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage at WrestleMania 3

Biggest match in WWE history: Rock vs. Hogan.

Hoot
20-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Really? Holy **** I had absolutely no idea. Thanks *****.

You can't fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

I used to love wrestling until I found out it was fake (was about 11 or 12). Watching a fixed fight with fake punches/moves just doesn't appeal to me.

Misawa
20-12-2010, 01:40 AM
You were that old? And "fake" is the wrong word to use. It's entertainment. And By the way, pro wrestling has a wider audience that "real" fighting, so...

Hoot
20-12-2010, 02:10 AM
You were that old? And "fake" is the wrong word to use. It's entertainment. And By the way, pro wrestling has a wider audience that "real" fighting, so...

It doesn't surprise me that it has a larger audience because it attracts millions of kids whereas boxing or UFC does not. Do you have any idea how much revenue WWE has made from wrestling figures and do you really think that the majority of people who buy them are grown men? Of course not, WWE relies massively on it's young audience. However, how wrestling could appeal to a grown adult is beyond me. The only type of guy I can imagine liking it is Napoleon Dynamite...

http://thetalentbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nd.jpg

(refer to the school bus scene were he plays with his wrestling figure) :L:L:L

Misawa
20-12-2010, 02:47 AM
WWE's adult demographic is larger than its audience of kids. Boxing is a dying sport and UFC's biggest ever star is a former wrestler who's #1 because of his past, not to mention they owe an incredible amount of what they do to WWE.

Swastika
20-12-2010, 09:16 AM
6 man hell in a cell, Armageddon 2000 - enough said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFW6qnbTJ8

Misawa
20-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Not sure why that's getting so many votes. It was a good spectacle but not a great match, not even in the top few Hell in a Cell bouts if you ask me.

Hoot
20-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh, boxing is a dying sport is it? Maybe not as popular as it was say 20 years ago but still incredibly popular. When Pacquiao fought Hatton he received a 12m split, Hatton received 8m I believe. Pacquiao was also going to be fighting Mayweather in 2010 for a split of 50m, however the fight was called off when blood tests were refused. Now that's just what the fighters are getting paid, obviously there will of been more money in the equation. What I am trying to say is that for 2 boxers to get paid so much, the event itself would have to of been massive as all that money comes from fans/viewers.

But whatever, I'm not arguing that boxing is better than wrestling. Wrestling is just fixed results, fake fighting and korny story lines. It's ok if you are 12 but come on guys grow up.

Misawa
20-12-2010, 12:24 PM
It's a TV show - the same of which you watch every day in your life - something that is scripted. When you watch an action movie you watch scripted fight scenes. The exact same principle applies. Go watch The Wrestler for a real look inside the business. Those working in it have more gruelling lives than any other athlete, "real" or not.

Lost_Addict
20-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Oh, boxing is a dying sport is it? Maybe not as popular as it was say 20 years ago but still incredibly popular. When Pacquiao fought Hatton he received a 12m split, Hatton received 8m I believe. Pacquiao was also going to be fighting Mayweather in 2010 for a split of 50m, however the fight was called off when blood tests were refused. Now that's just what the fighters are getting paid, obviously there will of been more money in the equation. What I am trying to say is that for 2 boxers to get paid so much, the event itself would have to of been massive as all that money comes from fans/viewers.

But whatever, I'm not arguing that boxing is better than wrestling. Wrestling is just fixed results, fake fighting and korny story lines. It's ok if you are 12 but come on guys grow up.

It's entertainment. Are you saying you don't watch Tv progrmas because theyre fake? Thats a bit odd. and tbh your acting childish with your biased views.

OT: Alot of these matches i remember when i used to watch wwf on TV so it's nice to relive haha. The 6 man HIAC is a spectacle to behold. but undertaker vs foley or triple H vs. kevin nash is better ;)

Oleh
21-12-2010, 12:56 AM
probably hardys vs edge and christian vs dudley boys (i think it was that one) has to be my fav

CJW93
21-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Cant pick one. Hbk v Undertaker - Wrestlemania 25
Y2J v Hbk Wrestlemania 19
Hbk v Angle - Wrestlemania 21
Hbk v HHH v Benoit Wrestlemania 20
Cena v Hbk Raw at the o2 2007
Eddie Guerrero v Kurt Angle No Way Out 2004
Bryan Danielson v Y2J Week 1 of Nxt Season 1
Shelton Benjamin v Hbk Raw 2005
Cm Punk v Rey Mysterio Armageddon 2009

When I think of more I will post them

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!