PDA

View Full Version : Filled my car up, didn't have any dosh, oops.

Joe!
21-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, just fillld my car up with petrol, forgetting my bank card was at home haha
So now I have a week to pay it, didn't know what would happen.
Anyone else been unfortunate enough to do this?:p

Jordy
21-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Do you have to pay some sort of a fine or interest as well? Would be so embarrassing walking into a petrol station to say you've no money after filling up.

Rozi
21-12-2010, 07:04 PM
It happened to me and my mum, she just called my dad and he did it over the phone.

Deak
21-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Did they ask you to give something as insurance so that should you not go back and pay they can still cover the costs? (just to say i've not said this because i think you wont pay up!)

Joe!
21-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Nope, I just had to fill out a form with all my details and that :) Then I just have to pay it within the week, it's not like I didn't have enough money, I just didn't have my card haha
If I don't pay it in 7 days though, it's dealt with as theft and the police may be called etc.

GommeInc
21-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Did they ask you to give something as insurance so that should you not go back and pay they can still cover the costs? (just to say i've not said this because i think you wont pay up!)
No need - petrol stations are littered with CCTV, and the car is monitored and checked, so they will get your details from that (as well as ones you put down when you sign a form, but the form acts as a sort of document for their benefit, or the systems benefit :P).

I'd probably break down and cry, or implode. Implode seems more likely :P

Metric1
21-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I have a fleet card in my car at all times, I would probably just drive off if it happened.

danzooo
22-12-2010, 12:09 PM
funny enough i've never done this before, probably because I never leave the house without my wallet.

Joe!
22-12-2010, 12:20 PM
neither do I :( i'd forgotten i had asked my mum to pay a cheque in for me while i was at work haha

Zak
22-12-2010, 01:07 PM
lmao I had the same problem, luckily it was at Morrisons and there's an ATM near. So I went and withdrew the cash there and then

Shoe
22-12-2010, 02:00 PM
lol i have never done this :P i have just sent my mum and dad out in my car to get me petrol tho :) lol

GoldenMerc
22-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I do it every over week, Mostly every thursday as i get paid friday, All i have to do is give them my driving licence then i pick it up the next day, no fine nothing. it just helps me as i can't afford to pay for it yet i need to be able to get around.

Swearwolf
28-12-2010, 07:16 PM
i always use asda 24 hour self serve....have to put card in firstttt

Homosexual
28-12-2010, 08:57 PM
lmao I had the same problem, luckily it was at Morrisons and there's an ATM near. So I went and withdrew the cash there and then

why didn't you just pay with your card lolol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!