PDA

View Full Version : Chipped windscreen

Jake
22-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Right basically i am not 100% sure how long its been there but i have like a tiny little chip in my windscreen (smaller than a 5p) i rang autoglass an they were like

yh u need it fixed now otherwise your windscreen will crack its 83£

End of the line is i aint got 83£ to repair it, I will get it done but not until i can afford it i got other bills to pay,

So im basically just wondering how long will this chip last until it cracks and what things make it crack faster so i can avoid them?

+rep taa

danzooo
22-12-2010, 05:58 PM
just get gavin round to inject his resin into your crack. then get him to repair your windscreen.

it should be free to repair if your fully comp, are you sure they don't mean the £83 is your insurance excess for a replacement should it crack? i have a big ******* crack on my windscreen and it's gonna cost £70 to get it replaced, but it'd have been free if i'd noticed :(

basically this time of year can make them more susceptible to cracking, like sudden changes in temperature (i.e. fan on inside) can make them crack, potholes and bumps on the road, time also, it will eventually crack itself. get it done before it cracks

Jake
23-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Im not fully comp ;)

Its cheaper for me to get 3rd party and its a grand extra for fully comp where there is no point if the car is only worth half that.

But thankies :)

Oleh
23-12-2010, 06:02 PM
buy some rezin from the shop and fill it in.. put some cellotape on the inside of the windscreen where it is.. sorted till you have the cash

Swearwolf
23-12-2010, 11:23 PM
i can get a 2nd hand mint windscreen for less than that fitted lol :|

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!