PDA

View Full Version : Todays Football Matches

Deak
28-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Who have your team got / had today...?

Sheff u are away at Norwich and are currently drawing 1-1 after Reid 17' (sheff u) and Nelson 20' (norwich) scored

EDIT:

Norwich 1 - 2 Sheff u ... Richard Cresswell :D

j0rd
28-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Swansea have Barnsley
0-0 so far

Arron
28-12-2010, 03:46 PM
We have Birmingham tonight - 8pm k.o

I wanna maintain the 100% record in a tough game tonight! 2 points clear atm with a game in hand. if we win then we go nine points clear of chelsea who sit in 4th place behind Arsenal and Man City

Deak
28-12-2010, 05:04 PM
norwich 4-2 sheff u :(

Hoolahan hat trick (2 pens)... looking very bad at sheff u ... think we may be going to see league 1 next year :(

Arron
28-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Premier League Results today:

Sunderland 0 - 2 Blackpool - Ian Holloway's Team keep on impressing me!
Tottingham 2 - 0 Newcastle
Manchester City 4 - 0 Aston Villa
West Ham 1 - 1 Everton
Stoke City 0 - 2 Fulham - Much needed win for Mark Hughes
West Brom 1 - 3 Blackburn Rovers - Another much needed win for the new man in charge.

United are away to Birmingham which kicks off at 8:00pm

Arron
28-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Finished 1-1.

United weren't playing good at all today...

Birmingham got a last minute goal - debatable.

StefanWolves
29-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Liverpool tonight. 2-0

-Heart
29-12-2010, 10:57 PM
What an absolutely sensational result. We played brilliantly tonight and controlled the majority of the game. So many good performances in the squad tonight, fully deserved the win. Liverpool were dire and really looked short of ideas. With Gerrard and Torres in the team, it was definitely a worrying performance for them. Although I do understand that Gerrard wasn't 100%, and you could see that towards the end of the game.

But less of Liverpool and more on our performance. We looked shaky in the opening exchanges but soon found our rhythm, and throughout the first half we definitely looked like the more likely team to break the deadlock. We created some good openings and Jarvis was as sharp as ever on the wing. He found at tough at times as he was being relied on alot, but he showed his strength and determination and he improved gradually as the game went on. It was a fantastic defensive display on our part, and with all our injuries at the moment I'm surprised at how well we dealt with Liverpool's attacks when they came forward. Granted they weren't great, but the back 4 remained calm, and weren't just hoofing it desperately out of play when they didn't need to. They took the ball down well on many occasions, and played the smart pass. That's something that I haven't seen us do too much of this season, so I was pleased to see it. The goal was lucky in some respects, in that both of the centre backs missed it, but Stephen Ward, who I've slated in recent weeks, kept his cool to slot the ball home under pressure from the on-rushing Reina. Beautiful. Ebanks-Blake's assist too was delightful, and I have to say that his all-round performance tonight was probably one of the best I've seen from him in a Wolves shirt. He won virtually every ball, picked out the smart passes, brought other players in to the game, showed strength, determination, creativity, and looked dangerous on the ball. A fantastic display from SEB and my affection for him grows week by week. He's getting better and better and is beginning to come into his own and adapt well in this league (finally). Can see him getting 10-15 goals before the season is up.

This, as a whole, was just a fantastic display by the lads. Just what we needed with West Ham picking up big points lately. We're right back up there now with the rest of the teams around us, and I'm more confident than ever now that we can go to Upton Park in our next game and get something from the match. We look, dare I say it, like a renewed side, and hopefully the Wigan game was just a blotch. I do believe that we're too good to be relegated from this league, and I feel there are teams that are much worse than us that deserve to go down. Based on performances like tonight, I'm fully confident that we can get ourselves out of trouble.

Keep the faith - UTW! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!