PDA

View Full Version : Should students go back to school after christmas when they should? Or should it be..

Delimed
01-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Should students go back to school after christmas when they should? or should it be extended

Aidenn
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
It should be extended!

Theres 12 days of christmas :)

AgnesIO
01-01-2011, 01:18 PM
What the ****?

Of course they should go back when they should?

Aidenn
01-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I think this threads confused me;
Do we mean when christmas is over technically aka 26th Dec which is when they go back
Or the dates what it is at the moment? aka 5th of Jan i believe

Delimed
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
right, when we go bak to school after christmas holidays, should we have more time off

Aidenn
01-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh, most deffinately not.

Alkaz
01-01-2011, 01:37 PM
If you go back later in the new year then it's only going to be cut down on your summer holiday or other breaks like that. A few years ago my school considered a 6 week break at Christmas and a two week break in the summer to cut down on the costs of heating. It never happened though. Even still, I think they should go back on the 4th Jan or when ever it is.

Delimed
01-01-2011, 01:39 PM
everyone has different opinions tho

Aidenn
01-01-2011, 01:40 PM
If you go back later in the new year then it's only going to be cut down on your summer holiday or other breaks like that. A few years ago my school considered a 6 week break at Christmas and a two week break in the summer to cut down on the costs of heating. It never happened though. Even still, I think they should go back on the 4th Jan or when ever it is.

Id much rather have the 6 weeks holiday in the summer, rather then the winter.

Delimed
01-01-2011, 01:43 PM
TBH i reckon u shud only have a week of in crimbo cause christmas and new year

Alkaz
01-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Id much rather have the 6 weeks holiday in the summer, rather then the winter.
Same, I don't think many people did.
I think that about two weeks off at Christmas, depending on which day it comes on is extremely reasonable and we should be lucky we haven't got to go to school in between Christmas and New Year lol.

Suspective
01-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I think that the current two weeks is perfectly fine, anyway the chances are the school/college is going to be snowed off!

Its happened to me the last two years.

Mrs.McCall
01-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I always wanted a longer break at Christmas when I was in school. The summer holiday is far too long.

AgnesIO
01-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I always wanted a longer break at Christmas when I was in school. The summer holiday is far too long.

The English summer holiday is dreadful?

12 weeks ftw

xxMATTGxx
01-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I rather keep the holidays as they are now or give an extra week at Christmas but don't make it any less!

Delimed
01-01-2011, 02:04 PM
A longer christmas would be quite good but A longer summer is also good because your going into another year

Icemaniceice
01-01-2011, 02:40 PM
In my opinion, we have already had two weeks off isn't that enough? We have summer break and that is quite of a break right there so I am okay with the two weeks for Christmas break.

Chris
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
2 weeks for xmas is just enough imo. If we had 2 weeks for summer instead of 6, it would be painful.

Circadia
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh god i hate the summer holidays they are too long. I'd rather be at school talking to mates and stuff. But i think Christmas holidays are long enough

Shoe
02-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I think the christmas holidays are a good length, as well as the summer, although this year for the first time ever i have wanted these christmas holidays to be longer. I feel as if i have had no time off at all tbh.

Stephen
02-01-2011, 02:44 AM
I think they should shorten it instead of extending it. More time at school will make better learning and I am not just saying this cos I don't go to school

AgnesIO
02-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I think they should shorten it instead of extending it. More time at school will make better learning and I am not just saying this cos I don't go to school

Influences your decision though, right?!

I believe pupils NEED rest - overkilling it leads to stress and lack of sleep, which leads to illness and missing school. I get migraines from lack of sleep and let me tell you I get more and more in to the academic term. Which means college is missed.

I believe four day weeks and three day weekends would be much better - the current 2 day weekend goes so quickly it seems pointless!

-:Undertaker:-
02-01-2011, 05:44 PM
The holidays we have now are pretty good, some busybodies wanted to split the summer holidays up a few years ago and move them more into the autumn period - as if we don't have enough miserable days during our time off as it is. The only change I would make it perhaps bring the 6 weeks summer holidays forward slightly by a month so we can take advantage of the weather more rather than sit through the wet and miserable August weather period.

Eoin247
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I think that maybe moving a week from summer to winter wouldn't be a bad idea. Xmas holidays always feel very short to me.

Fiendly
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Wow.. Didn't notice this.
For my school break, my final holidays for the year go from December till February..

It should be extended by a few days or something, so they can rest for Christmas as well as New Years.
I can't say much as I don't know what it's like but it's biased as to make students like machines, metaphorically speaking.

.x.miss.angel.x
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I think that we should have a week taken off summer, and added onto the end of christmas to A; avoid all the flu ect, and B; to get rest & C; so i can have my birthday off (XD). My parents were saying they won't be happy if in a few weeks schools have to be shut down because of the swine flu.

Nuxty
09-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Well, I'd rather keep my 7 week summer holiday! I agree with what Alkaz has said, they would end up cutting down the other breaks. I wouldn't mind an extra week in Feb though!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!