PDA

View Full Version : Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

StefanWolves
05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Discuss

:G.M.T:
05-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Good win, could prove a vital win come the end of the season!

-Heart
06-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, that really just happened.

Deak
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Great result for Wolves & Man Utd...
Never thought this would happen seeing Chelsea down so low in the table!

Andys
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Only 2 points behind them now ;)

T@R
06-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Considering the bad luck Wolves have had this season, they were due a good result.
West Ham are back to the bottom now am I right?

Deak
06-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Considering the bad luck Wolves have had this season, they were due a good result.
West Ham are back to the bottom now am I right?

You are correct, West Ham are back to the bottom of the table by 1 point & the teams above them have games in hand :D

Conservative,
06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Good result for Wolves. Chelsea badly struggling at the moment. Awful result for Liverpool as well.

-Heart
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Alright, I've had some time to calm down and reflect on the game.

Every single Wolves player that was on that pitch last night put in 100% effort, and we thoroughly deserved our victory. We looked comfortable throughout the majority of the game, and we had chances of our own to really seal it, which thankfully we won't live to regret missing. Last night we proved why we deserve to stay in this league. It was a fortunate goal, yes, but we worked so hard all game long. The defence looked as solid as I'd ever seen it, which was great to see. Zubar and Berra in particular had fantastic games at the back, which is a big boost because I expected Zubar's confidence to drop after the Hammers game, but he looks to have picked himself up and moved on quickly, because his performance last night was one of his best games in a Wolves shirt. Hennessey also played very well, and made some crucial saves, most notably the out-stretched foot from the Kalou shot. Can't believe he managed to get down to that. Jarvis wasn't as involved as I would of expected in a big game like this, and I'm used to praising him after we win. But the main man on an attacking front last night was definitely Stephen Hunt. He looked lively all game long and he was at the front of the majority of our attacks. He lead the team last night and showed alot of passion and desire, which is something that our players have been somewhat lacking this season. As good as we were, Chelsea were poor. Some of their chances were golden and just had to be put away. The worst part about it if you're a Chelsea fan is that last night's starting 11 was probably their strongest team. Not a good sign when your strongest 11 go to one of the relegation battlers and just don't turn up. Very worrying for the Blues.

Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here. Virtually all of the results went our way last night, and as a result we're now out of the bottom 3. It's so tight down there, but it proves that just one win can change the entire shape of the bottom half of the table, which is why it's important that we stay consistent. That's 4 wins in our last 7 league games now, which is exactly what we needed. However we have gone W-L-W-L-W-L-W in those 7 games, which, if you're the superstitious kind, doesn't bode well for our trip to Eastlands in 9 days time :P. We've obviously got an extremely tough run of games coming up, but if we show the same level of commitment and desire as we did last night, I see no reason why we can't pick up some points over our coming games. Donnie away on Saturday in the F.A Cup, which I'm going to. Been to the Keepmoat quite a few times as I've got family who live up there, so I've grown to enjoy watching them as a team. Love that we've been drawn against them, especially in the F.A Cup Third Round which is one of my favourite weekends of the season.

Overall, just a great great win. Beaten City, Liverpool and Chelsea in the league this season now. Piece of cake this league is ;). Keep the faith - UTW.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!