PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Holiday Ideas.

Lost_Addict
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Ok basically due to the increase in tuition fees, me and my freind have decided instead of a Gap year, we're going to go on an amazing 1-2week holiday this summer. We have about £2000 each avalible.

So far the top 3 places we've decided are : Hawaii, Canada and Egypt.

As you can probably tell we're not aiming to go to lanzaroti or clubbing any where this time haha.

We want to go in a sort of, once in a lifetime expirience.

Any good suggestions will be +repped and Hotel recommendations pricing and so on will be EXTREMLEY appriciated ;)

TYVM

Alexx..
08-01-2011, 11:47 PM
I agree with the Hawaii one, or go to a place like Florida. Theme parks and shopping, and also you can go to like Miami if you wanna go to the beach.
Is the £2000 for everything or just for the holiday?

Lost_Addict
08-01-2011, 11:52 PM
By everything do you mean food and shopping? if so Yes. Alough i might be able to stretch to about £2,500.

We don't really want to go any where to comercial as we are / have been with family and i wouldn't really class them as Once in a lifetime. ;O.

Mathew
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I agree with the Hawaii one, or go to a place like Florida. Theme parks and shopping, and also you can go to like Miami if you wanna go to the beach.
Is the £2000 for everything or just for the holiday?
Fully agreed on Florida! We go to Florida several times per year simply because it has so much to do.

Want theme parks? Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens.
Want night life? CityWalk at Universal, Downtown Orlando.
Want beaches? Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Cocoa Beach, Daytona Beach, Miami.
Want shopping? Florida Mall, Mall at Millenia, Downtown Disney, CityWalk at Universal, Downtown Orlando.
On the off chance you have an interest in boats or water sports? Port Canaveral

Seriously, I would recommend the place to absolutely everyone. If you're seriously considering Florida as in option then there are a couple of good hotels at cheap prices we know of, right outside Walt Disney World. Disney will be on your doorstep. 10 minute drive to Universal. 1 hour drive to the coasts. Shopping all over.

Do it.

Now that you've posted you want somewhere different: India is a place where I'd like to visit, just for no reason at all.

Lost_Addict
08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Lol, I want to go to florida but because he's already gone he's hesitant -.- lmao.

+rep to both though as i personally would love to go to florida XD

Neversoft
08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
My uncle travels a lot due to his job and said that the country that stood out to him the most was Japan. He said everywhere else was kind of "been there, done that" but Japan was completely different and an unbelievably fresh new experience. So if you want a once in a lifetime adventure and somewhere not commerical then I would recommend Japan, though I can imagine you'll be incredibly lost without a grasp of the language.

Lost_Addict
09-01-2011, 12:06 AM
My uncle travels a lot due to his job and said that the country that stood out to him the most was Japan. He said everywhere else was kind of "been there, done that" but Japan was completely different and an unbelievably fresh new experience. So if you want a once in a lifetime adventure and somewhere not commerical then I would recommend Japan, though I can imagine you'll be incredibly lost without a grasp of the language.

Ya that could be problamatic, but i'm sure we could do it ;) Ty for idea.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!