PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup 3rd Round

T@R
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
No thread for this yet so what did you all think of yesterday's games?
I can't be arsed finding a website with all the results on, but anyone who follows football should know the scores that matter.
As an unbiased Leeds fan, I believe Arsenal were ridiculously lucky to escape with a draw and should count their blessings that the referee present had about as much knowledge of the red card as my two year old brother.

AgnesIO
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
No thread for this yet so what did you all think of yesterday's games?
I can't be arsed finding a website with all the results on, but anyone who follows football should know the scores that matter.
As an unbiased Leeds fan, I believe Arsenal were ridiculously lucky to escape with a draw and should count their blessings that the referee present had about as much knowledge of the red card as my two year old brother.

As normal a fan who is so biased it is untrue. The second penalty (that was given) was a penalty, but a call just before that one was far more of one than that lol

Arsenal were the better team, and as normal (as you have just shown us) the typical Leeds fan seems to think anyone who gets any sort of a result against them is the luckiest team in the world. Get off your high horse.

--

Orient beat Norwich 1-0, which I am ecstatic about as my mums side of the family (sister and parents) both support Norwich. In their own words; sometimes Norwich turn up, and other times they are dreadful.

Our goal was well played, a pretty impressive header. Especially from Smith.

Cheryl
09-01-2011, 02:49 PM
We lost 6-2 at Fulham, although I'm not complaining. Fulham looked better at most time, however their fans were **** and I was glad to be supporting Posh. The fans made a huge amount of noise for the 5,000 that went, unlike Tottenham last year.

The morning of shopping in London wasn't bad either :P

Matthew
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
chelsea 7-0 ipswich; has just finished :)

Arron
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Won 1-0 against Liverpool.

Controversial penalty. Definite red card for Gerrard. Deserved win for United in all fairness. There was a phase in the match where Reina made 4 saves in about 4 seconds!

Man of the match should've been Martin Kelly who played terrific. Better form than Glenn Johnson atm!

Andeeh
09-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Beat Portsmouth 3 - 1, terrific atmoshpere down the Withdean and a 4th round tie against the mighty Watford :)

AgnesIO
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Can't believe Orient got Swansea in the next round.

What a crap draw.

Shockwave.2CC
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
We had Manchester City @ Home today

We kept the Premiership giants to a 2:2 draw

No a repley at Manchester

Suspective
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Brilliant result for Chelsea, really thrashed Ipswich. Hopefully we'll remain on form in the prem.

Arron
09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Beat Portsmouth 3 - 1, terrific atmoshpere down the Withdean and a 4th round tie against the mighty Watford :)

Stealing me word :^

T@R
12-01-2011, 06:30 PM
As normal a fan who is so biased it is untrue. The second penalty (that was given) was a penalty, but a call just before that one was far more of one than that lol

Arsenal were the better team, and as normal (as you have just shown us) the typical Leeds fan seems to think anyone who gets any sort of a result against them is the luckiest team in the world. Get off your high horse.

--

Orient beat Norwich 1-0, which I am ecstatic about as my mums side of the family (sister and parents) both support Norwich. In their own words; sometimes Norwich turn up, and other times they are dreadful.

Our goal was well played, a pretty impressive header. Especially from Smith.

It's always enlightening to see people who can grasp the concept of sarcasm... oh there I go again!
Anyone who scores in the 90th minute is generally given the title lucky in the footballing world lad, and I'd gladly get off my high horse the moment you let me onto yours.

Huddersfield in the next round if we get through... should be just a bit easier than Arsenal!

AgnesIO
12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
It's always enlightening to see people who can grasp the concept of sarcasm... oh there I go again!
Anyone who scores in the 90th minute is generally given the title lucky in the footballing world lad, and I'd gladly get off my high horse the moment you let me onto yours.

Huddersfield in the next round if we get through... should be just a bit easier than Arsenal!

Oh because I can hear the tone of your voice on the internet, can't I?

Teams are titled lucky when they get a 90th minute goal - if they played crap throughout the game.

I guess Leeds were the luckiest team in the world in League one, since you score virtually all your winners in the 90th minute. Yeah.

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Won 1-0 against Liverpool.

Controversial penalty. Definite red card for Gerrard. Deserved win for United in all fairness. There was a phase in the match where Reina made 4 saves in about 4 seconds!

Man of the match should've been Martin Kelly who played terrific. Better form than Glenn Johnson atm!

The penalty shouldn't have stood. Yes Agger made contact but A) The linesman - who was in a better position than the ref - didn't flag, and B) Berbatov took another step or 2 and THEN went down when he realised the ball was going out of play. Filthy Cheat :|

Gerrard's red was harsh, especially the 3 match suspension - but still...

I disagree that Man U deserved to win. Other than the penalty and Gerrard sent off Liverpool dominated most of the game and should've scored at least twice. It was Liverpool's match - lost due to a fraudulent penalty and a questionable red card.

Oh well - next season is ours :)

AgnesIO
12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
The penalty shouldn't have stood. Yes Agger made contact but A) The linesman - who was in a better position than the ref - didn't flag, and B) Berbatov took another step or 2 and THEN went down when he realised the ball was going out of play. Filthy Cheat :|

Gerrard's red was harsh, especially the 3 match suspension - but still...

I disagree that Man U deserved to win. Other than the penalty and Gerrard sent off Liverpool dominated most of the game and should've scored at least twice. It was Liverpool's match - lost due to a fraudulent penalty and a questionable red card.

Oh well - next season is ours :)

The Assistant Referee is there to assist the referee. If the referee feels it is a penalty, then sadly, it is a penalty.

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
The Assistant Referee is there to assist the referee. If the referee feels it is a penalty, then sadly, it is a penalty.

The referee didn't confer with the linesman though - and he was a good 30 yards away, when the linesman was what... 5, 10 feet?

Arron
12-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Gerrard's sending off was not harsh.

We had 10 attempts on target versus your 5.
Noting that we had four shots saved in a matter of 4 seconds by Reina.

We had 11 corners compared to your 3 and our possession was 58%

We deserved to win :)

T@R
17-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh because I can hear the tone of your voice on the internet, can't I?

Teams are titled lucky when they get a 90th minute goal - if they played crap throughout the game.

I guess Leeds were the luckiest team in the world in League one, since you score virtually all your winners in the 90th minute. Yeah.

We were ridiculously lucky in league one, I'd be a fool to dispute that...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!