PDA

View Full Version : Okay really annoyed +rep for advice.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Basiclly, im taking Media Studies in GCSE, and my teacher is just a annoying ****** (Excuse my language.)
He doesn't explain the work, if i'm stuck he will give me someone's work from last year and tell me to copy it but change some words.
Now i got my Mock results back and i found out i got a "D", like what the hell. I'm quite good with photoshop so my work is usually the best in the class, and when it comes to writing up evaluations if i'm not explained probably what to do, i won't be able to do it.

Now this ******ed teacher says "Hey bru, if you finish your work i'll give you a spliff", why on earth would i want a spliff? i don't even smoke. (He's south Africa so hes has the funny accent too :P)

I've complained to teachers, head of year etc. All they say is i'll look into it, but they *REMOVED* don't. So i'm failing because my school can't be bothered to sort out there problems.

What do i do?

Thanks!

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter!

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Same problem here, but A level media he does **** all he's made some ** website to explain the units etc but never properly helps just rambles on about ****, i'd recommend you teach yourself, google & youtube for photoshop tutorials etc because by the time the school act on it your GCSE's will be long gone.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I have no problems with photoshop, it's just like the writing course work. He dosn't explain what to do, he gives me a sheet to copy somones else's work.

O, and he talks about having sex with my fellow class mates :l loool

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Right if hes offering splifs and talking about having sex with girls that im presuming are 10 years younger then you should record him and show it to your head teacher or something cause thats just ****** up lol.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I probably should, i used to think it was great in year 10, i didn't have to do any work. Now im starting to really regret it :l

Nemo
13-01-2011, 09:18 PM
he's soooooooo obviously joking about the spliff and sex with ppl, just sounds like a fun teacher.

what does he say if u say you dont understand?

Chippiewill
13-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Right if hes offering splifs and talking about having sex with girls that im presuming are 10 years younger then you should record him and show it to your head teacher or something cause thats just ****** up lol.

Yeah, you should report him, that's just weird.

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:21 PM
he's soooooooo obviously joking about the spliff and sex with ppl, just sounds like a fun teacher.

He might not be one of our old maths teachers (who happened to be south african too) always went on about stuff like that then he got sacked because apparently he tried to get sexual with some girl well thats what the girl accused him for and what he got fired for.

Now i look back on that, secondary school was so ****** up :s

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:22 PM

"Don't worry bru, heres somones work from last year who got A*, copy it and change some words. Sorted."

Nemo
13-01-2011, 09:23 PM
"Don't worry bru, heres somones work from last year who got A*, copy it and change some words. Sorted."
"But i dont want to copy, i want to learn for myself."

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:24 PM
He might not be one of our old maths teachers (who happened to be south african too) always went on about stuff like that then he got sacked because apparently he tried to get sexual with some girl well thats what the girl accused him for and what he got fired for.

Now i look back on that, secondary school was so ****** up :s

School is corrupted these days, the thing is heas got a wife and kids :l

---------- Post added 13-01-2011 at 09:25 PM ----------

"But i dont want to copy, i want to learn for myself."

Then he will walk off instantly and go help somone in the corner of the room, or offer you Polos.

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Yea rofl some teachers r just mental i remember one who used to give the girls penny sweets if they cleaned the top bits of the white board. Another teacher also used to do water experiments which ended up with girls with c-thru tops, i never complained but he was like 50+ so it was somewhat weird.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:28 PM
:S, my school is just crap anyway. If i fail my GCSE's then WOW!

Nemo
13-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Ah it's only media, you'll be fine.

But yeah jsut complain, and if hes that bad then everyone will hate him so you should be able to get the rest of your class to complain.

Enough people complain = sorted.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Uhm, most people in my class love him because he helps them cheat, talk's about sex, drugs and polos.

They wont complain except 1 or 2 of the other nerdy kids :S

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Well then, accept the splif and live with it.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't smoke, and don't plan on starting ^_^. but surely a teacher should have realised how crap he is.

Mathew
13-01-2011, 09:40 PM
My advice is to stop pissing around with other teachers... stop moaning on HxF and go sort it out. If I had a problem like this, I'd simply go straight to the Headteacher's PA, arrange a meeting with my Headmaster and then explain everything in detail. Offering spliffs and **** like that is a criminal offence; so if you're serious about him.. then just go straight to your Headteacher.

Oh, and also tell your Headteacher that you've told other teachers about it and they haven't bothered to pass the message on.. :rolleyes:

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:42 PM
1) who said i piss around with teachers?
2) who said i was moaning i simply asked for advice.
3) yes i'm planning on doing that very soon.

matt$
13-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Mathew is so organised and professional, he's going to make such a good husband.

Mathew
13-01-2011, 09:46 PM
1) who said i piss around with teachers?
2) who said i was moaning i simply asked for advice.
3) yes i'm planning on doing that very soon.
I mean messing around by only telling the teachers as opposed to someone with power. Headteachers are up there with the people who decide and implement staff discipline.. so I'm not too sure why they just weren't your first port of call! :P

But yeah, good luck xo

Mathew is so organised and professional, he's going to make such a good husband.
I love you Fapin xoxox civil partnership?????////

Huggies
13-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah it should have been my first call, but i went to the head of Media, and though he would have dealt with it.

Thanks though +Rep

Inseriousity.
13-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Teachers are protective of their teachers so it's likely that your complaint won't get much further. If it doesn't, I would recommend getting the mark scheme from somewhere for coursework and work out what you need to do to improve it. If that fails, I think you should go on www.thestudentroom.com (http://www.thestudentroom.com) and asking for help over there as there are lots of students willing to help out. Good luck :)

edit: mathew you've confessed.

Huggies
13-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks mate, for link etc. +Rep :P

edeneh
14-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Not gonna lie, I was in the EXACT same situation as you last year.
Same kind of teacher, same class.
What I did was I sent a complaint to my school board.
They didn't do anything, but that's because I only complained once.
If you complain alot, they'll do whatever you want just to stop your complaining.

kuzkasate
14-01-2011, 03:04 PM
It takes ALOT of work to get a teacher sacked. Last year, my Media teacher strangled a pupil in y7 or y8 and they didn't sack him because they had to investigate it first and whilst they did that, they just sent him home and told him to wait while it was all investigated and he still got full pay at home, so getting a teacher sacked, is not that easy.

I was in the same situation last year, I think the teacher must of had a disability or something and he acted like he had mental problems, he looked freaky. So obviously, everyone pissed around in his lessons and made fun of him and we never got any work done. The grade I received was 4D's aswell but simply because we were not learning enough.. so I talked to the Head of Department and he said that by next year they would swap the teachers around.. but what was I meant to do in the meantime? So I chose to take matter into my own hands and because all our units and tasks and stuff are on the shared area on the school computers, I could access them. So basically, I was learning by myself and in around 3 months, my grade was boosted up to 4B's in the subject.

Then, that teacher quit because he was targetted and bullied by pupils and especially with the investigation, he left. So we had a new teacher come in and we actually started working properly and doing fun things and at the end of that year, I had the highest grade, 4A's (Distinction) and I didn't even feel that I tried that hard.

So instead of trying to complain which won't help and wont get get you anywhere, start studying it by yourself because its a brilliant subject and if you do it properly, it can be very interesting and rewarding.

Huggies
14-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Not gonna lie, I was in the EXACT same situation as you last year.
Same kind of teacher, same class.
What I did was I sent a complaint to my school board.
They didn't do anything, but that's because I only complained once.
If you complain alot, they'll do whatever you want just to stop your complaining.

Hmm thanks for this :P +Rep

It takes ALOT of work to get a teacher sacked. Last year, my Media teacher strangled a pupil in y7 or y8 and they didn't sack him because they had to investigate it first and whilst they did that, they just sent him home and told him to wait while it was all investigated and he still got full pay at home, so getting a teacher sacked, is not that easy.

I was in the same situation last year, I think the teacher must of had a disability or something and he acted like he had mental problems, he looked freaky. So obviously, everyone pissed around in his lessons and made fun of him and we never got any work done. The grade I received was 4D's aswell but simply because we were not learning enough.. so I talked to the Head of Department and he said that by next year they would swap the teachers around.. but what was I meant to do in the meantime? So I chose to take matter into my own hands and because all our units and tasks and stuff are on the shared area on the school computers, I could access them. So basically, I was learning by myself and in around 3 months, my grade was boosted up to 4B's in the subject.

Then, that teacher quit because he was targetted and bullied by pupils and especially with the investigation, he left. So we had a new teacher come in and we actually started working properly and doing fun things and at the end of that year, I had the highest grade, 4A's (Distinction) and I didn't even feel that I tried that hard.

So instead of trying to complain which won't help and wont get get you anywhere, start studying it by yourself because its a brilliant subject and if you do it properly, it can be very interesting and rewarding.

Wow, thanks i might just do this! Thanks very much Nuff luv. +Rep.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!