PDA

View Full Version : Memory help!

Jacob
15-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm taking my Sociology AS exam next week but there are just a bulk of things that I need to remember but I can't. I can handle things such as the key terms and concepts but when it comes to statistics and sociologists I just struggle. I there a specific method to remember things easily because I can't think of one.

Thanks |-)

kuzkasate
15-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Well I saw a thread somewhere the other day about this and what people normally do is write it on sticky notes and just stick it around the house. Or people make it into keyrings or put it on card so when your say on the bus, you can just get it out and read it.

However, the method I used to remember things cos I have a bit of an acting background, I recorded my script onto my phone and when ever I was doing something like washing up, I would just stick the earphones in and listen to it over and over again until it sunk in, I also played it whenever I was in a car or say on the bus.

Inseriousity.
15-01-2011, 02:19 PM
My teacher always used to give examples to prove the sociologist's viewpoint. When I revised, I always remembered the example first then tried to remember the name of the concept. This meant that in an essay even though I didn't remember the name of the sociologist I'd be able to talk about it. Sometimes the name would come to me too. So yeah I worked backwards from example > concept > name as my revision although different things work for different people :D

Alexx..
15-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Write everything on tissues and then take the packet in, and when you need a hint, pretend to sneeze and BAM, take a tissue out and take a sneaky peak.

Jacob
15-01-2011, 05:14 PM
My teacher always used to give examples to prove the sociologist's viewpoint. When I revised, I always remembered the example first then tried to remember the name of the concept. This meant that in an essay even though I didn't remember the name of the sociologist I'd be able to talk about it. Sometimes the name would come to me too. So yeah I worked backwards from example > concept > name as my revision although different things work for different people :D

I like the idea and it will be useful when in my exam, thanks!

Well I saw a thread somewhere the other day about this and what people normally do is write it on sticky notes and just stick it around the house. Or people make it into keyrings or put it on card so when your say on the bus, you can just get it out and read it.

However, the method I used to remember things cos I have a bit of an acting background, I recorded my script onto my phone and when ever I was doing something like washing up, I would just stick the earphones in and listen to it over and over again until it sunk in, I also played it whenever I was in a car or say on the bus.

I've tried the idea of using sticky notes but it becomes a bit frustrating and annoying sometimes. I do like the idea of recording and listening though! I'll definitely give that a try.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!