PDA

View Full Version : Media Corusework...

redtom
18-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I picked up AS media this year and have been told to start on the coursework (that was pretty much the entire conversation about the cw).
Anyone have any idea what I should be doing for it? I have a rough idea I have to design something but what sort of research & record of development do they want?

It's a WJEC course which is the AQA course under a different name (Silly welsh education.)

dirrty
18-01-2011, 02:01 PM
surely you should be asking your teacher this? if he doesn't tell you/doesn't know, then that's 1000000% unacceptable and i'd talk to the head of department. you should be given criteria for what, when and how you need to do your coursework.

Samantha.
18-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Try looking on the website, It may outline the course details on there and like banal said, ask your teacher

Samantha
18-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm doing AS media and I chose a film poster for my product A and a film trailer for my product B.

However, me and my partner now wished we had opted to do a music video with something like a CD cover instead.

Some people in my media on the other hand are doing an advertisement, and leaflets also advertising the product.

On the other hand, you can do print based work, (a magazine cover, then a contents page and double page spread, I think.) Also if you choose this option you will be required to do audio/visual in A2.

In my class everyone who is doing a film trailer have chosen the genre of horror, we all thought that it would be the easiest to do and me and my partner chose to do a zombie horror called 'brain Eaters' however, we start filming next week I think and it looks like it will be a bumpy road as we haven't even finished the story board yet.

I myself, also wished I had chosen to do a print based piece, and althought it may have looked really tacky, it may have settled me a good grade that I would be proud of.

I chose audio/visual as I loved working with iMovie and my first film/presentation was quite good imo.

:).

We also got told not to work alone as it can be very difficult and time consuming.

- With the CD cover you can also make the image that goes on the CD and also a lyric book in the front.

That's what we were told, ours is WJEC too so I don't think they'll be much different.

redtom
18-01-2011, 02:21 PM
surely you should be asking your teacher this? if he doesn't tell you/doesn't know, then that's 1000000% unacceptable and i'd talk to the head of department. you should be given criteria for what, when and how you need to do your coursework.

Try looking on the website, It may outline the course details on there and like banal said, ask your teacher

They just briefly said you've got to produce a print based/video media on what you like. Showed us a couple of examples but I have no problem with the finished product, its the bit in the middle.. what sort of research and evidence of development they want, I don't want to produce shed loads of research and end up being completely wrong. Basically what I'm looking for is advice of other people who have done/are doing the course.

I can't really ask in more detail as I have to leave straight after the lesson, and get there pretty much as the lesson starts.

I'll have a look on the websites see if I can find anything, I completely forgot about them :P

Edit:

I'm doing AS media and I chose a film poster for my product A and a film trailer for my product B.

However, me and my partner now wished we had opted to do a music video with something like a CD cover instead.

Some people in my media on the other hand are doing an advertisement, and leaflets also advertising the product.

On the other hand, you can do print based work, (a magazine cover, then a contents page and double page spread, I think.) Also if you choose this option you will be required to do audio/visual in A2.

In my class everyone who is doing a film trailer have chosen the genre of horror, we all thought that it would be the easiest to do and me and my partner chose to do a zombie horror called 'brain Eaters' however, we start filming next week I think and it looks like it will be a bumpy road as we haven't even finished the story board yet.

I myself, also wished I had chosen to do a print based piece, and althought it may have looked really tacky, it may have settled me a good grade that I would be proud of.

I chose audio/visual as I loved working with iMovie and my first film/presentation was quite good imo.

:).

We also got told not to work alone as it can be very difficult and time consuming.

- With the CD cover you can also make the image that goes on the CD and also a lyric book in the front.

That's what we were told, ours is WJEC too so I don't think they'll be much different.

Thanks just read through it and its help alot, any idea of what we have to produce in terms of research and evidence of development?

Samantha
18-01-2011, 02:23 PM
have you done your report for pre production?

i know you have to do that and you must analyse a print piece and a audio/visual piece of the chosen thing you are doing.

then i know you have to do an evaluation at the end.

and you also need to do a storyboard of how your visual/print piece would look and what will be included in it.

redtom
18-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Report for preproduction? Haven't heard about that :S

Did you get even a brief or could you just make it up?

Samantha
18-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Report for preproduction? Haven't heard about that :S

Did you get even a brief or could you just make it up?

We had to make it from our own imagination I think, however, it couldn't be something already made but it could be based on a story like it I think.

Also with music videos you can just lip sing a song.

My reports in spam lemme find link.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=682390&highlight=

redtom
18-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks I'll give that a read and then have a go at my own :)

Jacob
18-01-2011, 03:42 PM
For our coursework we have to do a storyboard, 2 posters & DVD cover and one evaluation report. I think I do WJEC as well. Crime films for the win!

Shar
21-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm doing WJEC and all we're doing for coursework is making a thriller trailer. We need to make the trailer, edit it, make a story board to go with it and an evaluation which is 1600 words for it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!