PDA

View Full Version : Language choice!

Jacob
28-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Recently I have been looking into the ideal courses for University. I've come to a conclusion of doing a Joint Honours course in 2 languages. One of them is definitely Mandarin Chinese but the other language is between Italian or Spanish. I've thought about other languages but they aren't suited to me and I need to have studied it at GCSE/A Level.

So what do you think I should go for? Italian or Spanish.

I'm picking the one that is better in general as a language and is more useful in the contemporary world. I don't care if it's hard or easy and so on.

Thank you!

Inseriousity.
28-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd have thought spanish would be more useful but that's just an educated guess rather than based on any facts :D

Conservative,
28-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Spanish is the 2nd or 3rd most widely spoken language (2nd to Cantonese (and if 3rd..) English). Plus it's easier - in my opinion - than Italian, however you don't get to go on all the awesome trips to Rome and get Pizza :(

HotelUser
28-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm in North America so I would say Spanish because I don't know a soul here who knows Italian.

Jacob
29-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all your comments, I made a decision to go for Spanish as it seems right and more popular!

lol
29-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I've studied both and found Italian a lot more interesting. But Spanish is infinitely more useful (unless you plan on studying music or art)

qaxzsw
29-01-2011, 11:15 PM
spanish is more useful but if it was me I would go for italian because it seems more fun :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!