PDA

View Full Version : AS ICT

Samantha
29-01-2011, 12:23 AM
We had this teacher and basically he has been 'ill' since starting back at College after the Christmas holidays.
And we don't know when or if he is coming back so we have this other teacher covering all his lessons.
However, what I'm not liking is the fact that we are now doing all practical lessons and no theory. Before May 27th we need to have 3.1.6 and 3.1.7 done, I also need to take the half year test that they did the other week (but I was in a business exam.) but I don't see how we are going to finish all the practical, then do the theory if our so called teacher doesn't return.

Do you think that the teacher who is subbing should be doing theory as well as practical?
I myself think that we should prepare for the worst case scenario in which our regular teacher doesn't return - something will have to be done then.
What do you think?
I'm alright in theory I find it moderatley easy getting C/D's because that's equal to/above my target grade but I also think we need to do both sides of the course because it's getting boring and stuff.

We didn't do our January examination as the ICT department at my college cancelled it as people were decreasing in grades.

Chris
29-01-2011, 12:26 AM
If your teacher is away for that long then the college should sort out a fully qualified temporary replacement so you can continue as usual.

HotelUser
29-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Basically a course which you can teach yourself with the aid of Google. If I were you that's what I would invest some of my own time doing.

Recursion
29-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Basically a course which you can teach yourself with the aid of Google. If I were you that's what I would invest some of my own time doing.

You don't understand these IT courses in our country. Yes, you can teach yourself via Google and answer all the questions, the problem is people won't answer them properly. Examiners are always telling us to "answer the bloody question!".

I don't know what exam board he's on, but at our school AS IT involved other skills for business, photography, web design etc.

Samantha
29-01-2011, 05:56 PM

I have a book which I could teach myself everything apparently if 'you read all this book and learn everything you will get an A in AS ICT' but he also said no one has the time therefore you need to shorten it down.

i could probably teach myself over google but they don't always give you the answers or the correct way.

You have to give an example for most questions and the mark schemes usually say '1 mark for answer, 1 mark for explanation' that's why it isn't very productive.
Thanks though.

AgnesIO
29-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Is AS ICT as lame as it was in secondary school?

Where yo just had to be able to function microsoft office to get an A?

Samantha
29-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Is AS ICT as lame as it was in secondary school?

Where yo just had to be able to function microsoft office to get an A?

We couldn't do ICT as GCSE

But no I don't think it's that lame.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!