PDA

View Full Version : Fernando Torres on talks with Chelsea..

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 04:52 PM
As a Liverpool fan I think it's best for him to go, if he doesn't want to stay hes not going to improve.. Now in the live transfer window they say this..

At long last, I can give you an update on Fernando Torres' switch to Chelsea. Well, an explanation on why it hasn't progressed for the last few hours. BBC Sport understands that the delay with the deal is down to a hitch in negotiations about the mechanics of his Stamford Bridge contract, concerning image rights etc.

Nando on his way out?

Thoughts?

Banana Pancakes
31-01-2011, 05:42 PM
He'll go I feel.
If they're at contract terms he'll agree a deal before the end of the window.

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Well we've agreed £53 million pounds (roughly) for Carroll & Suarez so really do we need him...? He's a great player but this season has not been kind to him and he doesn't want to play here any more so why keep him? He won't play to his full potential.

Plus, we could get Anelka in the deal so we can actually start playing attacking football...

I'd prefer Drogba for Torres and then maybe.. £5-10million, not because I like Drogba - I think he's a cheat, but he is a good player.

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd prefer Drogba for Torres and then maybe.. £5-10million, not because I like Drogba - I think he's a cheat, but he is a good player.

Same, I hope he goes he's got no respect for the club or the fans just shows what he really thinks. Not fussed on Anelka tho :/

prettyhotpixie
31-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I have a feeling he will go /;

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 06:17 PM
He's doing a medical at chelsea -.-

Scum.

prettyhotpixie
31-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Omg is he really? -.-

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Yep, just been on the news out of all the clubs he goes to chelsea. He needs to go back to Spain.

FlyingJesus
31-01-2011, 06:39 PM
His medical's been going on all afternoon yeah, looks like it's definitely on. He wanted to go, and now Liverpool have Carroll and Suarez (as well as Anelka as part-trade for Torres) so there's no reason to keep him there. As a Chelsea fan I think it's a waste as I can't see him performing well with Drogba or with our midfield, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Extremely interesting last day of transfers in the Premiership, especially for Liverpool as Charlie Adam also seems to be on the cards since Andy Reid's gone to Blackpool

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 06:41 PM
We have accepted a fee, so now we're just waiting, good riddance to him.

Last night Anelka said he won't go hmm, very interesting tho.

Arron
31-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Carrol & Suarez is a top strikeforce. With support from Adam and Gerrard?

This has been by far the most exciting Transfer Deadline Day!

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Glad he is going, getting 3 players for the price of 1 can't go wrong!

1 good player not on form going, 3 good players hopefully coming exciting!

Deak
31-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I reckon he will go otherwise when he is playing for the rest of the season he wont be playing / trying his best... so probably best he goes now

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 07:43 PM
He's going, fee has been accepted fingers crossed he passes and signs for them.

Deak
31-01-2011, 07:44 PM
He's going, fee has been accepted fingers crossed he passes and signs for them.

Yup looks like he's going to be gettin 175k a week ... they are just trying to sort some sponsorship deals out or something like that and then Fernando just needs to sign on the dotted line

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Fernando looks to be signing, latest news..

The Fernando Torres-Chelsea saga looks to be drawing to a close - Blues chairman Bruce Buck has just arrived at Stamford Bridge.

Hopefully now we can sign Carroll.

Matthew
31-01-2011, 10:03 PM
So is Anelka part of the deal or not?

I hope not, I think Anelka is a great player (usually anyway)

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 10:06 PM
So is Anelka part of the deal or not?

I hope not, I think Anelka is a great player (usually anyway)

No Chelsea are paying the full £50 million instead.

They're just finalising image rights etc. I believe.

Adams won't be coming, that's a shame, however with Suarez already confirmed (he's got the No.7 shirt) and Carroll almost guaranteed (doing a medical as we sp..I mean type) it's a pretty good deal.

Looks like the new owners are looking for 2 things: Young and with high potential.

Deak
31-01-2011, 10:12 PM
No Chelsea are paying the full £50 million instead.

They're just finalising image rights etc. I believe.

Adams won't be coming, that's a shame, however with Suarez already confirmed (he's got the No.7 shirt) and Carroll almost guaranteed (doing a medical as we sp..I mean type) it's a pretty good deal.

Looks like the new owners are looking for 2 things: Young and with high potential.

Yup Chelsea paying the full £50m so looks like Anelka will be going in the summer then...
Charlie Adam will leave in the summer too
Suarez has got the number 7 shirt and more than likely carroll will get the number 9 shirt departed by Torres.

I have to admit Suarez & Carroll will be a great partnership if they can hit it off together and then Gerrard just behind them too.

Arron
31-01-2011, 10:16 PM
So what's the situation with Charlie Adam? Like I said before (here or the other thread) him alongside Gerrard in Centre Mid would be epic for L'pool.

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 10:20 PM
So what's the situation with Charlie Adam? Like I said before (here or the other thread) him alongside Gerrard in Centre Mid would be epic for L'pool.

Blackpool said he's not for sale - despite him wanting to go and Villa & Liverpool offering decent sums.

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I just cant wait for the summer! Adams hopefully will come, an maybe buy a winger we will be laughing! :)

Disappointed with nando tho.. Only 8 months ago he signed a 5 year deal, all I have to say is bye.

People are burning his shirts as we speak! :)

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I just cant wait for the summer! Adams hopefully will come, an maybe buy a winger we will be laughing! :)

Disappointed with nando tho.. Only 8 months ago he signed a 5 year deal, all I have to say is bye.

People are burning his shirts as we speak! :)

That's harsh lol. He is a good player and to be fair, we're not playing as we should be right now.

In his contract it says he can leave if we don't get a Champions League spot so better do it now and make a big profit than let him go walkies for free at the end of the season...

He was a good player while he was here so I don't see why people are complaining. Most players leave at some point..

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 10:45 PM
In his contract it said if the right amount of money got offered he was allowed talks with another club. But to be fair he's not on his game he doesn't perform and to be really honest I think he's going to be a bench warmer for chelsea.

Worst thing he's done is disrespect the fans.

Describe
31-01-2011, 10:47 PM
In his contract it said if the right amount of money got offered he was allowed talks with another club. But to be fair he's not on his game he doesn't perform and to be really honest I think he's going to be a bench warmer for chelsea.

Worst thing he's done is disrespect the fans.
The fans don't matter to footballers these days.

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 11:02 PM
He's gone.

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Already knew it was happrning but just confirmed:

2321: DONE DEAL Liverpool have confirmed that Fernando Torres is now a Chelsea player after the Merseysiders accepted a British transfer record fee for the Spanish international. That fee is thought to be £50m. Big.

Arron
01-02-2011, 12:58 AM
I love Football! <3

Edited by Infectious (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless and off topic posts, thanks!

Describe
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Does Fernando Torres wear make-up? You never see his freckles when he's actually playing. He doesn't look that scruffy.

.Shaun,,
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Does Fernando Torres wear make-up? You never see his freckles when he's actually playing. He doesn't look that scruffy.

In England you don't get sun so they fade away, like he has. ;)

RatedRShadow
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Well, I do hope he will improve at Chelsea and not to screw up. I wonder if Chelsea gonna play 4-3-3 (Drogba, Anelka and Torres) or 4-4-2 (Drogba and Torres)..

Describe
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM
In England you don't get sun so they fade away, like he has. ;)
They clearly haven't faded away.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!