PDA

View Full Version : Government & Politics

iBlueBox
31-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Thinking Of Taking Government & Politics For A-Level,

Wondering Has Anyone Took It? Whats It Like? What Do You Learn About In It

-:Undertaker:-
31-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I'd advise taking a history course alongside it, you can't really understand politics unless you understand history and afterall politics is just another branch of history which is the superior subject just as maths is superior to business studies and english is to media studies.

I haven't taken the course, but if you're interested in this sort of stuff then you are best taking history.

Inseriousity.
31-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I imagine they'd look at the history within the context of the policies anyway. Then again half the battle imo is taking subjects you enjoy. If you have an interest in it, you'd be more motivated to learn therefore better results. Easier said than done though but if you were interested in govt+politics, you could find history interesting too :D

PS. I never took it, wish I did, it sounded interesting from what the people in my RS class at college were talking about.

iBlueBox
31-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd advise taking a history course alongside it, you can't really understand politics unless you understand history and afterall politics is just another branch of history which is the superior subject just as maths is superior to business studies and english is to media studies.

I haven't taken the course, but if you're interested in this sort of stuff then you are best taking history.

History something i was definitely taking anyway, as thats one of my best subjects. It's also part why I was interested in Government & Politics as I loved the whole, Roosevelt and new deal and how he got around congress to make laws quicker.

AgnesIO
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM

I would say Maths and Business Studies are very different to study.

MrPinkPanther
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Government and Politics is awesome. fact.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!