PDA

View Full Version : What plans have you got for the future?

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 11:20 PM
If you're year 7/8/9: What GCSEs are you going to take?

If you're doing GCSEs: What A levels do you think you'll take, or will you get a job instead?

If you're in College/Sixth form: Are you going to Uni or getting a job. If Uni - what subject. If Job - what type/field?

If you're at Uni: Where do you want to go when you're finished, have you already got a job placement for when you graduate?

If you're employed: Are you happy with your job? Will you try and work your way up in your current company or do you see yourself leaving soon?

Personally I'm quite organised and know what, and where I want to go despite only being year 10. For A levels I'll take Maths, Further Maths, French & Economics, then drop French for A2. Study Mathematics or Economics at Cambridge (hopefully) or another Russell Group Uni, and hopefully get a 1st and then go into Investment banking. By 40 I want to be a hedge fund manager :)

FlyingJesus
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Which question do I answer I'm unemployed and not in education at the moment

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Which question do I answer I'm unemployed and not in education at the moment

Oo didn't think of that lol. Okay, do you think you'll go into Uni next year, or try and get a job...?

benjamin
03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
i'm employed, and i love my job. no plans on leaving and i'm eager to work my way up.

Eoin247
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm in transition year (kinda like an early gap year) in ireland. I hope to go to uni either in trinity dublin, or else go abroad. I'm considering becoming an engineer but in the long run it won't be how i make most of my money.

I'll hopefully be big into developement and investment when i'm older. It's what my dad got into later in his life, and really how he became so successful. I already put most of my money into stocks and share funds.

Nemo
04-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Gonna go uni after college. Hopefully get into oxford and do computer science. After that then get a job in software/games development and boom theres ma life.

Neversoft
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I am the same as Tom, unemployed and not in education. I studied media production at college for three years and worked after that, but quit last year as I just wanted a break from everything. I'll be doing creative writing at uni come September though, hoping to become a journalist but as soon as uni is over I want to apply to the JET Programme where (if successful) I will be sent to Japan to teach English in schools for up to five years. Please dear God don't let them disband it or anything in the next three years. I've been set on it for about two years now and it is one of the main reasons I even decided to go to uni, since you need a bachelor's degree in order to be eligible. Beyond that though, I really don't know what the future holds. I am still very much waiting for my epiphany.

Conservative,
04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
I am the same as Tom, unemployed and not in education. I studied media production at college for three years and worked after that, but quit last year as I just wanted a break from everything. I'll be doing creative writing at uni come September though, hoping to become a journalist but as soon as uni is over I want to apply to the JET Program where (if successful) I will be sent to Japan to teach English for up to five years. Please dear God don't let them disband it or anything in the next three years. I've been set on it for about two years now and it is one of the main reasons I even decided to go to uni, since you need a bachelor's degree in order to be eligible. Beyond that though, I really don't know what the future holds. I am still very much waiting for my epiphany.

haha, well, good luck with that and I hope you get in!

chantellehugs
04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm in year 11 at the moment, for A level I'm taking English Lit, History, R.E and Economics if I get into my first choice grammar school. If I don't I'll be studying Drama, Archaeology, History and English Lit at a college. When I've finished my A Level's I want to study Film Studies at University (preferably one in the US), my A Levels in History and English are encouraged for my chosen course so that's why I'm doing those. Then when I finish Uni I want to get a job with a film company like Pixar or Warner Bros and become a Director!
Along the way I'd like to do some acting and explore different aspects in creating films. But if everything fails I'll still have my Economics A Level which could get me a job :).

J0SH
04-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm working in a family business that's continuing to grow, so it's either be a millionaire or the company goes bust and closes? :P

ben
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Hopefully study Computer Games Design in september

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!