PDA

View Full Version : I got a job :D

The Don
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeh, I got a job at vue :) just thought i'd post this here as I'm quite excited about it!

dbgtz
07-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Oo nice one :) What do you do?
Also how old are you j/w?

Splintus
07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Congratulations, good luck with the new job. :)

The Don
07-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Oo nice one :) What do you do?
Also how old are you j/w?

I'm 17, and the job varies what i do weekly, so one week, i'll be cleaning the screens, next week, i'll be selling tickets, the week after i'll be ripping tickets off and letting people through, next week i'll be selling sweets and popcorn and stuff. the pays like £5.10 an hour and you also get 16 free cinema tickets per month, and you get to see all the films before they are realeased at "Staff Screenings" for free.

Catzsy
07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm 17, and the job varies what i do weekly, so one week, i'll be cleaning the screens, next week, i'll be selling tickets, the week after i'll be ripping tickets off and letting people through, next week i'll be selling sweets and popcorn and stuff. the pays like £5.10 an hour and you also get 16 free cinema tickets per month, and you get to see all the films before they are realeased at "Staff Screenings" for free.

Well that's great ! Plenty of variety and some great work all around work experience. Big company too. :)

Callum.
07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
oh wow I never thought of applying at cinemas!

orientalframe?
07-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I've never thought of working at a cinema either, I'd find it quite fun actually :P

dbgtz
07-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I wonder if my cinema has something going, when I'm 16. Sounds brilliant, are the free tickets usable by anyone?

Splintus
07-02-2011, 08:01 PM

That sounds pretty good! I've never really thought of working in a cinema when it's time for me to start thinking about jobs but I suppose it's better to start thinking now than then. The pay doesn't seem that bad either and 16 free cinema tickets per month is pretty good if you go to the cinema pretty often which in my case I do quite often. I like how you get to go to Staff Screenings to see brand new films before they are released aswell, seems pretty good really!

Once again, good luck with the job. :)

Chris
07-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Congrats, it sounds quite fun and very varied. ;D

The Don
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I wonder if my cinema has something going, when I'm 16. Sounds brilliant, are the free tickets usable by anyone?

Yep, the tickets can be used by any of your friends.

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

One of my friends already had a job there, and me and another friend both got jobs aswell :) I start sunday :D

Hayleigh
07-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Sounds amazing , No joke. Well done <3 aaaaaaaaa----- cant spell yo name ;) xxxxx

The Don
07-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Sounds amazing , No joke. Well done <3 aaaaaaaaa----- cant spell yo name ;) xxxxx

aha :P thanks :)

Zuth
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Well done dude! Good luck!

.Shaun,,
07-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Congratz :)

Conservative,
07-02-2011, 09:15 PM

Wow that's sweet. :D!

I want to work at the cinema when I'm 16/17 lol they get awesome discounts :P nice one dude!

Deak
07-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Congratulations!

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you :D

The Don
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Nemo
08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
oh ma lord i need to get a job at a cinema

nice one gratz

Nuxty
08-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Sounds excellent! Congratulations on getting the job. It does seem rather good and atleast your jobs will be changing so you won't be stuck doing the same thing all the time! I wouldn't mind 16 free cinema tickets per month - would save you a lot of money! :P Good luck with it all!

Narnat,
09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
It sounds amazing! and a great way to get involved with people (I'm a people person ;))

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!