PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a job over the phone?

Moh
26-02-2011, 10:01 AM
To apply for this job, call bla bla and ask for bla bla

How exactly do you ask for them? Do you just call up and ask if that person is available regarding the job? or do you go for a more formal approach and greet them, give my name and then ask for the person available?

+rep to any help haha

Thread moved by dinasaw (Forum Moderator) From 'Health, Life and Relationships'

Spuds
26-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Don't bother, they won't hire you if you ring them and try and apply over the phone.

Moh
26-02-2011, 10:10 AM
They don't mention any other way to apply?

Janet Snakehole
26-02-2011, 11:03 AM
If you read on a job application that you can apply over the phone then just ring up, calmly ask if the certain person is available to speak to and it will pretty much go on from there. Sometimes you may need to ring up in order for them to send you an application form but the person hiring might want to get to know you a little first, hence why they ask for you to call. I've had to ring up a couple of places in order to apply for a job, a few have just been so they could send me an app form for me to fill in like I said and others have actually asked me questions, mainly about my experience and when how many hours I was looking for etc. Pretty straight forward, if they like the sound of you (and there's no app form they want you to fill in) they'll invite you to have a formal interview face to face.

Moh
26-02-2011, 11:42 AM
If you read on a job application that you can apply over the phone then just ring up, calmly ask if the certain person is available to speak to and it will pretty much go on from there. Sometimes you may need to ring up in order for them to send you an application form but the person hiring might want to get to know you a little first, hence why they ask for you to call. I've had to ring up a couple of places in order to apply for a job, a few have just been so they could send me an app form for me to fill in like I said and others have actually asked me questions, mainly about my experience and when how many hours I was looking for etc. Pretty straight forward, if they like the sound of you (and there's no app form they want you to fill in) they'll invite you to have a formal interview face to face.

Thought that's how it would work, it also says that you can hand a CV in, but it's an evening bar so it's not open until about 8pm.

AgnesIO
26-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Seems a bit weird applying over the phone, I don't know many people who would want to hire someone without actually seeing them :P

Moh
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
It's only to apply and to arrange a date/time for an interview haha

AgnesIO
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
It's only to apply and to arrange a date/time for an interview haha

Ohh I get you.

Yeah I would just say why you are phoning etc - don't be overly formal - but don't be like 'yo heard yous got a job going' :P Give off a good impression from the start - just how you would act in an interview.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!