Result?

Sheff u are at portsmouth and i reckon a 3-1 loss

brandon
05-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Norwich at home to Preston

1-1 draw I think but I hope I'm wrong

Arron
05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Big game tomorrow at Anfield. Vidic is serving his suspension after his red card mid-week against Chelsea, the back room staff are doing their almighty best to get Ferdinand fit for Sunday as Jonny Evans is also out with an ankle injury. At the moment, our defence doesn't look strong. If Ferdinand isn't fit then the back four may be O'Shea (hero), Smalling, Brown & Evra. Don't get me wrong, they are capable enough to defend in this big match, O'Shea, Evra and Brown have years of experience. Smalling is doing prolific if I may say so, his last several games in replace of Ferdinand have been awesome.

I'm not very confident tbh going into the game but fingers crossed we can get something from it.

-Heart
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Spurs at home. Big game, and one I believe we can win. Tribute game to Dean Richards which will make it all the more special, and I'm confident that we can get a result out of this. Don't think O'Hara is eligible to play which is a big loss, but we've got more than enough quality to do one over on Spurs, as we proved twice last season.

I'll go for an optimistic 2-1 win. KEEP THE FAITH - UTW.

craig1709
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
My team, Watford, have Millwall at home. Not looking forward to crowd trouble and probably some idiots doing stuff, not naming ANY names of course, (some of the imbeciles that supposedly support Millwall).

Middlesbrough
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Against Reading, prediction is 2-1 Boro

Shockwave.2CC
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
We have the Championship Leaders QPR away
1st .v. 7th

We really need a draw or a win
Hopefully it'll be 1:0 Leicester

Middlesbrough
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
1st .v. 7th

Second of april ;)

Middlesbrough
05-03-2011, 04:16 PM
We're getting an absolute dump taken on us

Deak
05-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Well i predicted a 3-1 loss for sheff u today but it only ended 1-0 to pompey... So i guess thats a little plus :/

craig1709
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Excellent, beat Millwall 1-0, pretty much fulfills our manager's target. Millwall, being Millwall, threw a missile but that's all.

Middlesbrough
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Excellent, beat Millwall 1-0, pretty much fulfills our manager's target. Millwall, being Millwall, threw a missile but that's all.
Happened too us when we beat them :p

Shockwave.2CC
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
1st .v. 7th

So ok we lost 1:0

Thats buggered us up for a play-off place

brandon
06-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Norwich at home to Preston

1-1 draw I think but I hope I'm wrong
wow I got it right.. feel like I jynxed my bb Wes into missing our penalty at 1-1..

-Heart
06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
WHAT A GAME. This is why I love my football club.

We've had some great games this season - and that was up there, not least in terms of drama. This game had pretty much everything. We started off strongly and got a deserved goal early on, and from then on I expected us to throw 11 men behind the ball at all costs. But, to my surprise, we kept coming forward and we were looking comfortable - and then in a matter of minutes 2 Jermaine Defoe wonder goals bring us right back down to earth. We didn't really deserve that, and it was a bit of a sucker punch. However, to our credit we came back and managed to win the penalty and Doyler converted it to get us back on level terms. Now to one of the biggest decisions of the match. I have absolutely no idea why Alan Hutton wasn't sent off. He was the last man. He brought down Doyle (think it was Doyle). A penalty was given - HOW IS THAT NOT A RED CARD REFEREE?! I heard at half time that he said that he apparently said that it "wasn't a goalscoring opportunity". That's ********. Absolute ********. He was through on goal. Who knows, if Hutton got sent off that could have completely changed the game. It was another good goal to give them the lead again, may have been slightly lucky with a deflection but I'll have to watch it back to be sure. When he brought Bale, Kranjcar & Lennon on, my confidence of getting something out of the game took a big, big blow. I could just see us being hit on the counter and conceding another to end the game. Unsurprisingly that nearly happened on a number of ocassions, and those 2 times when Henry/Elokobi virtually gave the ball back to Bale, I was just furious. We had some great chances to get back level again through Ebanks-Blake and Milijas, and then when Milijas' shot was saved onto the post, I was adamant that it wasn't going to be our day. We were pushing and pushing and I thought we'd finally got our reward with around 10 minutes to go when we got that disallowed goal. Now I'm prepared to argue for this - that was a legitimate goal. When Stearman went up for the ball in NO way did he aim for Gomes, he had his eye on the ball the whole time. When Stearman does get the header, Gomes virtually WRESTLES him to the ground. If the ball hadn't of gone in it probably should have been a penalty. It looked like the ref signaled for a goal to me, but apparently he was signalling a free kick the entire time. The linesman had his flag down the whole time so I'll have to watch that one back. That was probably a final indication to me that we weren't going to get anything out of what was, by this point, already a magnificent game. Then Jarvis, who had a tremendous game on the wing, put that ball in and Fletch's header seemed to take an eternity to go in - but it did. I can't even begin to describe my relief and ecstasy when that ball went in. Was just fantastic. Another thing I'll say is that there was a good case for Gallas to be sent off - took someone out in the first half then got a yellow for taking down SEB in the second half, and then in the last act of the game he takes down Ebanks-Blake AGAIN and the referee doesn't even give a foul?! Maybe it wasn't a foul, but I'm so hyped up right now that I can't be bothered to check - I will later.

It was a fantastic team effort today and we showed real bottle to come back into the game after going behind twice. Hennessey made some important saves, Big George made some important challenges today and considering who he had to come up against on that side, he did very very well. Special mention to the consistent as ever Super Kevin Foley too. As a whole our back 4 looked reasonably comfortable and none of Spurs' goals were our fault, they were all great strikes. Neither Henry or Milijas had very good games, and Nenad especially had 2 great chances to score, however in both instances he was unlucky. Every week I praise Jarvis, and he just keeps getting better and better. Another brilliant display on the wing today and he was running his heart out all game long trying to urge us on and push forward. Hammill looks an absolute gem at £500k, had a solid game and looked like a confident and established Premier League winger. Ward didn't really do much, meanwhile Doyle was probably our Man of the Match. Two goals and he worked hard all game long as he always does. I'm frustrated that Mick keeps sticking to this 4-5-1 formation, however to be fair Doyler did prove today that he can get the rewards for his efforts. Fletch came on and proved why he deserves a place in our team, worked for everything and got what could prove to be a crucial, crucial goal. SEB looked dangerous and had a good chance to get us level at 3-2, and he was also unlucky not to get a free kick late on in the game.

This was a big result for us against a team who are in the knockout stages of the Champions League. We've got a reasonably decent run in from now til the end of the season, so I'm confident that we can pick up some big results in the weeks to come. It's easy for me to say that we were robbed and that we deserved to/should have won the game with that disallowed goal, but we've got to look at this as a brilliant point gained against one of the big clubs. Sure it could've been more, and maybe on another day it would have been - but thank god we came out with something from the game. I'm so proud of my team today the way they came back into it and fought every second of the game.

KEEP THE FAITH - UTW :D.

.Shaun,,
07-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Liverpool 3 Man uwho 1 :)

Arron
07-03-2011, 12:46 PM
3 morealess tap ins for Kuyt. I think as a whole the defence did well without Vidic and Ferdinand but just conceded sloppy goals. I hate slipping up, especially in big games against Liverpool, but that's only the third defeat of the season for us. We're still 3 points clear but Arsenal have a game in hand. We just need to get regroup and focus on the next three home games which are important. Arsenal in the Cup, Marseille in the CL Knockouts and then back to the PL against Bolton.

T@R
07-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Almost did another typical Leeds...
1-0 up early on, and then missing a hat full of chances before out of the blue Doncaster pull level and then manage to take the lead early in the second half.
Then captain fantastic himself takes control, and a minute later scores a fantastic solo goal to pull us level, before we ran riot scoring another 3 to finish off Leeds 5 - 2 Doncaster.
Helps cancel out the defecit of the 3-0 defeat to Swansea, and none of the 4 teams above us won, PLUS leicester lost!
Only Burnley to worry about now, but I think we should hang on to a play off place!

JackBuddy
11-03-2011, 10:15 PM
WHAT A GAME. This is why I love my football club.

We've had some great games this season - and that was up there, not least in terms of drama. This game had pretty much everything. We started off strongly and got a deserved goal early on, and from then on I expected us to throw 11 men behind the ball at all costs. But, to my surprise, we kept coming forward and we were looking comfortable - and then in a matter of minutes 2 Jermaine Defoe wonder goals bring us right back down to earth. We didn't really deserve that, and it was a bit of a sucker punch. However, to our credit we came back and managed to win the penalty and Doyler converted it to get us back on level terms. Now to one of the biggest decisions of the match. I have absolutely no idea why Alan Hutton wasn't sent off. He was the last man. He brought down Doyle (think it was Doyle). A penalty was given - HOW IS THAT NOT A RED CARD REFEREE?! I heard at half time that he said that he apparently said that it "wasn't a goalscoring opportunity". That's ********. Absolute ********. He was through on goal. Who knows, if Hutton got sent off that could have completely changed the game. It was another good goal to give them the lead again, may have been slightly lucky with a deflection but I'll have to watch it back to be sure. When he brought Bale, Kranjcar & Lennon on, my confidence of getting something out of the game took a big, big blow. I could just see us being hit on the counter and conceding another to end the game. Unsurprisingly that nearly happened on a number of ocassions, and those 2 times when Henry/Elokobi virtually gave the ball back to Bale, I was just furious. We had some great chances to get back level again through Ebanks-Blake and Milijas, and then when Milijas' shot was saved onto the post, I was adamant that it wasn't going to be our day. We were pushing and pushing and I thought we'd finally got our reward with around 10 minutes to go when we got that disallowed goal. Now I'm prepared to argue for this - that was a legitimate goal. When Stearman went up for the ball in NO way did he aim for Gomes, he had his eye on the ball the whole time. When Stearman does get the header, Gomes virtually WRESTLES him to the ground. If the ball hadn't of gone in it probably should have been a penalty. It looked like the ref signaled for a goal to me, but apparently he was signalling a free kick the entire time. The linesman had his flag down the whole time so I'll have to watch that one back. That was probably a final indication to me that we weren't going to get anything out of what was, by this point, already a magnificent game. Then Jarvis, who had a tremendous game on the wing, put that ball in and Fletch's header seemed to take an eternity to go in - but it did. I can't even begin to describe my relief and ecstasy when that ball went in. Was just fantastic. Another thing I'll say is that there was a good case for Gallas to be sent off - took someone out in the first half then got a yellow for taking down SEB in the second half, and then in the last act of the game he takes down Ebanks-Blake AGAIN and the referee doesn't even give a foul?! Maybe it wasn't a foul, but I'm so hyped up right now that I can't be bothered to check - I will later.

It was a fantastic team effort today and we showed real bottle to come back into the game after going behind twice. Hennessey made some important saves, Big George made some important challenges today and considering who he had to come up against on that side, he did very very well. Special mention to the consistent as ever Super Kevin Foley too. As a whole our back 4 looked reasonably comfortable and none of Spurs' goals were our fault, they were all great strikes. Neither Henry or Milijas had very good games, and Nenad especially had 2 great chances to score, however in both instances he was unlucky. Every week I praise Jarvis, and he just keeps getting better and better. Another brilliant display on the wing today and he was running his heart out all game long trying to urge us on and push forward. Hammill looks an absolute gem at £500k, had a solid game and looked like a confident and established Premier League winger. Ward didn't really do much, meanwhile Doyle was probably our Man of the Match. Two goals and he worked hard all game long as he always does. I'm frustrated that Mick keeps sticking to this 4-5-1 formation, however to be fair Doyler did prove today that he can get the rewards for his efforts. Fletch came on and proved why he deserves a place in our team, worked for everything and got what could prove to be a crucial, crucial goal. SEB looked dangerous and had a good chance to get us level at 3-2, and he was also unlucky not to get a free kick late on in the game.

This was a big result for us against a team who are in the knockout stages of the Champions League. We've got a reasonably decent run in from now til the end of the season, so I'm confident that we can pick up some big results in the weeks to come. It's easy for me to say that we were robbed and that we deserved to/should have won the game with that disallowed goal, but we've got to look at this as a brilliant point gained against one of the big clubs. Sure it could've been more, and maybe on another day it would have been - but thank god we came out with something from the game. I'm so proud of my team today the way they came back into it and fought every second of the game.

KEEP THE FAITH - UTW :D.

It was a crazy game but I honestly think that the disallowed goal decision was correct.

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20110306/18/314090786-soccer-barclays-premier-league-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-tottenham-hotspur-molineux.jpg

Gomes had the ball and Stearman knocked it out of his hands (although he couldn't help it).

Hennessey could have done better with the defoe strikes, he made the same mistake twice by being quite far from his goal.

Btw, the pitch at Molinuex was HORRIBLE.I don't know how you can afford to expand your stadium but not lay and maintain a decent pitch.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!