PDA

View Full Version : Jobs.

sophiethenerd
08-03-2011, 07:57 AM
I am 13 but I really want a job, (not a habbox job I have one of those Lol) I want a real life paying job.(Saving up for drama school)When I have google searched, I have found nothing (apart from those surveys that use your info to spam you).I would happily do boring tasks and things. Can anybody help meh!(yn)

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Moderator): from "Health, Life and Relationships", as I feel it is better suited here.

Mark
08-03-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm unsure if the law is the same but I don't think you can legally work until you're 14? Why don't you see if your parents will put money aside if you do chores or something?

Samantha.
08-03-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm sure you can't legally work until you are 16! The only thing you can do at 13 is get a paper round.

IceNineKills
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
paper rounds or alot of small cafés hire people at young ages.

Chris
08-03-2011, 11:28 AM
There isnt a lot you can do at 13. The only thing that comes to mind is a paper round.

Partian
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Paper Route is the only current job you can legally get paid for.

Narnat,
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I think what you really need to do is concentrate on your school work until your 14 which I'm sure is the legal age you can work. Also if you focus on your school work and work had with your exams then you will have a better chance on getting the job you want.

sophiethenerd
08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Thing is I am trying to earn money like so my mum and dad don't have to. You can get paid for performance work at any age. But I can't get that Lol.But the thing is Where is offering work. I cant find anywhere that is hiring teenagers ( of 13 14 or 15)

cocaine
08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
get a paper round, i had one when i was younger and had £30 a week.... could well do with that money these days. usually shops or establishments won't hire you until you're 16 and have a national insurance number.

Roxy
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Try asking around places in your local area. Some local cafe's and smaller shops will hire people at a young age & my cousin got a job in a local cafe when she was 14 (she's 15 now) although there are a lot of limits on how many hours you can work.

Paper rounds are another good option so if you're interested in that just call up your local paper and they can give you details of available rounds in your local area or let you know when there's one free. Providing you manage to get one that's quite local, the pay's fairly reasonable for the amount of time it takes and imo that'd be a pretty good option since it's coming up to summer anyway.

A lot of my friends do babysitting too and have done since they were 13/14 so if you like kids then that'd be worth a shot. Fairly sure they're your only options though so if you can't get any of them atm you'll either have to wait until a place becomes available or until you're older.

Conservative,
08-03-2011, 04:39 PM
You can't legally work until you are 14 - paper round I think MAY be 13 but I'm not sure. 14 you can get a license to work during school hours for performing etc. but that's rare and I don't think you're a big performer (no offence) so yh.

Small cafés MAY take you at 14/15 but they normally don't until 16.

Jordan
08-03-2011, 05:03 PM
There is this big market down the road from me and you can get a job their really easily on weekends. My friend goes there on a saturday and sunday and gets like £70 or something

AgnesIO
08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
If you like football, become a referee. Very good money for a young person especially.

Also, it is nice that you want to help your parents, but you will never earn enough at your age to make that much of an impact.

Moh
08-03-2011, 05:24 PM
It's difficult for us older enough to find work haha.

The only thing I can think is a paper round at your age. If you know anybody who's self employed (and not dangerous) you could maybe help them out? When I was 14 I used to help my mums friend who was a landscape gardener =]

Conservative,
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
If you like football, become a referee. Very good money for a young person especially.

Also, it is nice that you want to help your parents, but you will never earn enough at your age to make that much of an impact.

How do you go about that, I'm interested.

It's difficult for us older enough to find work haha.

The only thing I can think is a paper round at your age. If you know anybody who's self employed (and not dangerous) you could maybe help them out? When I was 14 I used to help my mums friend who was a landscape gardener =]

That's a good idea. Also, maybe if any of your friends parents or mum/dad's friends own a business they might employ you just helping around the shop etc? My friend works in his Dad's shop :)

Hayleigh
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
It's not a regular job but child minding/car washing earn £5-10 for a few hours work =]

AgnesIO
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
It's not a regular job but child minding/car washing earn £5-10 for a few hours work =]

That is shocking, shocking money.

How do you go about that, I'm interested.

That's a good idea. Also, maybe if any of your friends parents or mum/dad's friends own a business they might employ you just helping around the shop etc? My friend works in his Dad's shop :)

http://www.footballreferee.org/become_referee.php

My mistake, it is fourteen to become a referee.

But anyway, £49 fee to do the course. I earn £18 for an U11-13 game (U11/12 is 30 mins each way, U13 is 35) - so it works out at just under £18 an hour (5-10 mins half time..). If I do an U14 game (still 35 mins each way) I earn £23 a game. Basically as there is a higher chance you have to book someone.

kuzkasate
09-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Any idea when your doing work experience? I know some schools do it early, so maybe if you go onto work experience, they might keep you for weekends jobs or something.

AgnesIO
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Any idea when your doing work experience? I know some schools do it early, so maybe if you go onto work experience, they might keep you for weekends jobs or something.

I doubt any schools do it when the kids are 13.

sophiethenerd
10-03-2011, 07:41 AM
I do it next year in year 10.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!