PDA

View Full Version : Cycle route ~ Midlands to Devon!

jackass
08-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi,

Later this year, approximately sometime in June or July, i'll be cycling from Wolverhampton (West Midlands) to Woolacombe (Devon), near to Ilfracombe and Barnstaple! It's going to take an estimated 4 days to complete the trip, travelling roughly 50 miles per day.

Just curious if anyone else has taken part in any extensive cycle route such as this before, and if so, any recommendations for accommodation, routes etc.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wrn89e.png

Reallyyyyyyyyy excited for this. (H)

Thanks!

Jordy
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I took part in a 50 mile bicycle ride when I was 11 and I think that only took me about 4-5 hours, I'm sure you can do better than that :P

jackass
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I took part in a 50 mile bicycle ride when I was 11 and I think that only took me about 4-5 hours, I'm sure you can do better than that :P

So you were 11, going full-pelt, no stops, at an average speed of like 12mph? Crazy stuff there! :P

4 days, following those conditions, is perfectly reasonable, and it's a much harder task than most people might think.

I've been doing serious biking for many, many years, and I know even I may face some issues with it!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!