PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Milan (2L)

efq
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Who'd you think's going to win the second leg then ;)?

Spurs fan here <3 plus we got away goal advantage!

Line up for tonight match:

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Pienaar, Van der Vaart, Crouch.
Subs: Cudicini, Hutton, Bale, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, King.

AC Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Jankulovski, Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf, Robinho, Ibrahimovic, Alexandre Pato.
Subs: Amelia, Strasser, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Merkel, Yepes, Antonini.

Arron
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Never doubted Spurs. Take a bow Sandro.

Conservative,
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Spurs were VERY lucky. Milan should've won, but fair play Spurs did enough on the night.

Arron
10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
You can't say Milan should have won when they didn't score. The reason they didn't score was because Gomes was on fine form and both centre backs were solid at most times.

Deak
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I didnt watch the match but I've read & heard that Spurs were lucky... but who cares ... they did what they needed to do on the night and are in the next round!

Well done to tottenham :)

Conservative,
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
You can't say Milan should have won when they didn't score. The reason they didn't score was because Gomes was on fine form and both centre backs were solid at most times.

They did. Tottenham were exceptionally lucky. Milan dominated the game. Gomes messed up several times and lucky saves were the only thing that kept them in the game.

Matthew
10-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Well done spurs :)

Doesn't it make harry Rednapp (sp?) the first English manager to lead a club to the quarter final or something?

Arron
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Milan dominated the first half. The second was equally the same tbh. Tottenham deserved the win.

@Matts

I'm not sure on that but I am sure that it's the first time Tottenham have reached the quarter final of the CL. Considering this is their first season up there with the big daddy's then I'm sure that's a terrific achievement for Harry.

Deak
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Even if spurs went out in group stages its still a great achievement for spurs & redknapp for just finishing 4th last season.

I mean i cant see them winning the whole thing, but however far they do go proves that they can achieve better than expected

JackBuddy
11-03-2011, 10:11 PM
They did. Tottenham were exceptionally lucky. Milan dominated the game. Gomes messed up several times and lucky saves were the only thing that kept them in the game.

I wouldn't go that far. Milan had plenty of posession but did nothing with it. The only real chances they had both came from Gomes **** ups.

StefanWolves
17-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Spurs were VERY lucky. Milan should've won, but fair play Spurs did enough on the night.

Obviously didnt watch both legs.

Spurs fully deserved the overall win with a weakened squad.

AC Milan, Ibra, Robinho etc are so over rated its scary.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!