PDA

View Full Version : Any regrets on options?

Conservative,
10-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Does anyone have any regrets on things they chose at school or even the school itself?

I regret not taking computing, I probably should've put it over History but meh.

I also have 2nd thoughts about not choosing the Grammar School but there isn't much difference in my school and the grammar school so I think I made the right decision.

Other than that I don't think I regret anything that I've done at school, except maybe I should've tried to get into the Hockey team more...but I decided to go down the drama route instead xD

you guys?

Nemo
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Choosing physics a level.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Jordan
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
I don't like history, its awful D: If I could I would change

lawrawrrr
10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I regret my AS's

I did class civ, english lit, music, food and philosophy

wish i'd have done class civ, engish lit, music, and english lang

Rozi
10-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Well for AS I chose music and it was such a rash decision and I knew it was the wrong one from the first lesson but it took me until about a month ago to drop it cause my teacher is the biggest ***** I could name.

Also in a way I regret changing schools for college but I know if I stayed I'd probably regret not changing so sort of a double edge blade or w/e I don't even know if that's a saying.

Neversoft
10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Regret rushing my uni choices. I am such a indecisive person. If I got to choose them again I would change them all except maybe one or two.

lAbby,ox
10-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah I regret taking drama. I used to love it in year 7, 8 and 9 but these past 2 years I've proper hated it, but its coz I've been put with a group of people who I really hate, most of the bully me and that and I only have 1 person in the entire group who I'm mates with and then a guy who's like a tag along with us, and they're the only people who I work with lol, so yeah I wish i'd taken french or something instead of drama

Inseriousity.
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Nope, I have luckily always managed to find one good thing about every option I've made that makes me enjoy it. I just go with my gut instinct and thankfully it's not failed yet... subject-wise that is :D

Hecktix
11-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't have any regrets, you shouldn't regret taking history over computer either Robbie as History is one of the most respected subjects in within all bands of education.

wiktoria
11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I regret not taking media. I had to choose between drama and media and I chose drama but if I chose media I would regret not taking drama.

Recursion
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I regret taking English Literature and Theology :/ Should have taken Physics and something else.

Geography is pure win though :D

LoveToStack
11-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I kind of regret taking Physics at higher. I took it because I enjoy maths but there's really not a lot of maths in the course beyond basic arithmetic and the occasional trig function. Even then they expect you to use scale diagrams instead of using the laws of angles and getting exact answers, which seems silly to me. Also the course is filled with a large section on electronics and circuits which I couldn't care less about. Why that's included in the physics course and not exclusively in Technology is beyond me.

JACKTARD
11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I regret taking French, I dunno what I would have taken instead though.

I also regretted taking Biology but it's all good because I dropped it and took up Business studies :)

Glad with my others; Maths and Physics

Fez
16-03-2011, 06:58 PM
My ICT Diploma is completely made up of units structured around 'enterprise' and 'business', every unit has four reports and an evaluation or three reports and a 'multimedia product'. It basically means I've not learnt any ICT skills in the past three years, including the multimedia skills, it's all been self-taught.

Shocking really. Hate it.

More than happy with History though.

Andeeh
20-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Regret taking Psychology for college. Dropping it at the end of my AS and taking ICT or anything else.

Shar
20-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I regret not taking the A-Levels I'm doing this year, last year. I'm quite happy with my choices this year :)

luce
22-03-2011, 06:13 PM
only got 2 options at GCSE because im at grammar school they have loads of set options (our grammar system if different to mainland UK the top 15% of all 11 year olds go to this one you can't pay) and i don't regret either didn't like history or geog at year 9 but picked them because back then i hated school so just went with it and ended up loving them until the end of GCSE when i finally stopped being a moody teenager in year 10 and now take History, psychology, economics and RS (philosophy and ethics) at AS and literally love all 4 of them i'm one of the only people i know who hasn't changed an AS this year or hate one they're doing so i've been lucky!

Syphon
22-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Many regrets, in my perfect world I would have chosen art and I.T. rather than Chemestry and Biology/Physics.

But alas, I made the wrong choices :P though hopefully will get an apprenticeship in accounting by next year and drop out of college :)

Mark
22-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I regret taking PE, hate the subject, hate the teachers and I don't learn anything new.

matt$
22-03-2011, 07:02 PM
regret taking i.t as its just business based work which i've already got as an option, plus i regret not going to more of those little activities that you can put on your personal statement.

Samantha
22-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Well I don't regret as such I mean, history, geography and art for GCSE was good, but I got a D in them all, so maybe picking French would have been a better option to take.

Aidenn
22-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I seriously regret choosing GCSE IT.

In school i was positive its what i wanted to do.... Not no more was just such a waste of time in my opinion

Stephen
23-03-2011, 02:42 PM
choosing dida for gcse was the worst thing I ever chose. Plus the fact that all the teachers kept leaving so we had a different teacher every week didn't help it's ****ness

kuzkasate
23-03-2011, 08:47 PM
definately regret taking business studies, eurgh its terribly boring
and i regret not picking history

Conservative,
24-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah I regret taking drama. I used to love it in year 7, 8 and 9 but these past 2 years I've proper hated it, but its coz I've been put with a group of people who I really hate, most of the bully me and that and I only have 1 person in the entire group who I'm mates with and then a guy who's like a tag along with us, and they're the only people who I work with lol, so yeah I wish i'd taken french or something instead of drama

Yeah I have that. Although I like Drama a lot (my teacher asked me to take it so I couldn't really say no) it's always a bit of a drag because most of the class are *****. Only one real friend and then 2 or 3 people who are alright, but most of them think they're "cool". Then they get their marks back and taunt me for getting As when they get like Cs/Ds lol.

Robbb
25-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I regret taking French. a) I don't get on with my teacher, b) i hate the french.
Wish id've taken I.T instead.

Alexx..
25-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I regret not taking double IT over music, because in my music class I had 5 people on my course and i learnt nothing all for the 2 years. I'm on an IT course now though so it's all goooood.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!