View Full Version : c/l quarter final draw

T@R
18-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Spurs v Madrid
Chelsea v Man U
Barca v Shaktar
Inter v Shalke

What are your thoughts?
I'm hoping spurs can beat Madrid, but they'll have no chance against Barca in the semis.

Deak
18-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I definitely think Spurs have a chance of beating Real but they wont beat Barca (if they beat shahktar - which they should do)

I reckon the semi finals will be...

Inter v Man U
Real v Barca...

And for the final @ Wembley...

Barcelona v Man Utd

StefanWolves
19-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Cant believe people are writing off Shaktar.

Dont forget they beat Barca last season at the Nou Camp and Shakhtar are unbeaten at home in 60-odd games or summet crazy.

Conservative,
19-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Let's be honest - we're not going to have an English team winning it this year.

JackBuddy
19-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Let's be honest - we're not going to have an English team winning it this year.
Anything can happen in cup competitions. Chelsea/Man U are only a game against a weakened Inter/Shalke away from reaching the final. IMO Chelsea are also best equipped to knock out Barca.

Stranger things have happened, Porto in 2004 and that average Liverpool squad in 2005.

Conservative,
19-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Anything can happen in cup competitions. Chelsea/Man U are only a game against a weakened Inter/Shalke away from reaching the final. IMO Chelsea are also best equipped to knock out Barca.

Stranger things have happened, Porto in 2004 and that average Liverpool squad in 2005.

I can't see Chelsea, Man U or Tottenham winning. I'd say any of Real Madrid, Barca or Inter to win.

StefanWolves
19-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I can't see Chelsea, Man U or Tottenham winning. I'd say any of Real Madrid, Barca or Inter to win.

Inter? Have you seen them this season?

As for Real IMO theyre over rated. Have star players but dont play as a team. I think Spurs will do them...

JackBuddy
19-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Inter are significantly weaker this season.

Nothing is nailed on, Shakhtar are difficult to beat, Barca haven't won away in the knock out stages under Guardiola and Shakhtar beat them at the Nou Camp a season or two ago.

Nothing is a certainty in cup competitions.

Robbb
25-03-2011, 09:44 PM
It's Barcelonas to lose. I think we'll beat Chelsea in the Quarters, I don't see Tottenham beating Real. I hope we get Real in the next round.... Don't think we (United) will win it.

JackBuddy
26-03-2011, 08:47 PM
It's Barcelonas to lose. I think we'll beat Chelsea in the Quarters, I don't see Tottenham beating Real. I hope we get Real in the next round.... Don't think we (United) will win it.
Chelsea/United get the winner of Inter/Schalke.

Barcelona are good but I wouldn't say it's their to lose. Had Arsenal had stuck to their philosophy and actually tried we may be watching a different quarter final. It was only a Bentdner touch that stopped Arsenal winning. Barca also have a pretty average away record in the CL.

StefanWolves
27-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Agree with jack 100%, its no secret that Barca struggle against sides such as Chelsea and Inter aswell.

T@R
30-03-2011, 05:51 PM
reckon chelsea will win it seeing as they've got nothing else on

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!