PDA

View Full Version : England team

Deak
20-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City).
Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Man City), John Terry (Chelsea, capt), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa).
Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Man City), Stewart Downing (Aston Villa), Matt Jarvis (Wolves), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Strikers: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).

They are the players selected for the wales game.
Congratulations to matt jarvis making the cut :)

Conservative,
20-03-2011, 10:40 PM
My choice would be:

Rooney, Carroll & Defoe up front
Lennon, Young, Lampard & Barry
Cole, Johnson & Terry
Hart

but that's how I play Fifa.
lol jkz, but my managerial mind is often a lot more attacking than most so I doubt it will happen.

JackBuddy
20-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Carroll
Jarvis Rooney Lennon
Parker Wilshere
Cole Terry Dawson Walker
Hart

Shocking strikers.

StefanWolves
20-03-2011, 11:26 PM
This SHOULD be the team to face Ghana/Wales on current form IMHO:

Hart
Richards -- Terry - Dawson - Cole

Barry -- Wilshere

Lennon -- Rooney -- Jarvis

Carroll

Don't anyone even dare criticize Jarvis, his form this season has been exceptional, his pace is abusive and is crossing is among the best in the Premiership, he can play left or right and is two footed, and is now starting to add goals to his growing list of attributes. If you put him in that team above with Carroll up front he will get balls to his head all day long. If Wolves don't stay up it won't make a difference, he'll go to a big club IMO and be an England regular...

But the team Capello will play, unfortunately, is this one:

Hart
Johnson -- Terry -- Dawson -- A. Cole

Lennon -- Lampard -- Wilshere -- Milner

Rooney

Carroll

mynameiswootzeh
21-03-2011, 05:20 PM
6assist 4goals is now worthy of an england call up, lol.

Middlesbrough
21-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I find it stupid, personally I think that the England manager should be english/managed in the premier league, we have top class players and the reason we lose is because we don't play premier league football.

StefanWolves
21-03-2011, 06:25 PM
6assist 4goals is now worthy of an england call up, lol.
Oh dear is someone jealous? One things for sure, he pisses all over Etherington.

Middlesbrough
23-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Oh dear is someone jealous? One things for sure, he pisses all over Etherington.

Although I can't help think even Stewart Downing walks allover him

Also before the inevitable reply of me being a Middlesbrough fan makes me bias, most of us despise downing, including me

Oleh
23-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I find it stupid, personally I think that the England manager should be english/managed in the premier league, we have top class players and the reason we lose is because we don't play premier league football.

and we all know what happened the last time now don't we..

Robbb
25-03-2011, 09:42 PM
The team Fabio will play:

HART

JOHNSON DAWSON TERRY (C) A. COLE

LENNON BARRY WILSHERE MILNER

ROONEY DEFOE

The team I want him to play:

HART

BAINES DAWSON TERRY (C) A. COLE

LENNON MILNER WILSHERE YOUNG

ROONEY CROUCH

We'll probably win 2-0, but it'll be a boring game as usual.

Middlesbrough
25-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Can Lennon play RB?

Robbb
25-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I think he can play anywhere on the wings. It's his finishing/creating a cross he has trouble with.

Spuds
26-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Stupid that Richards wasn't picked, he's been outstanding over the last month minus the lapse in judgement against Chelsea. Much better than Johnson. Now he's got injured in a silly U21's game.

Robbb
26-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Even though I hate City, I agree with the above. Richards has been brilliant for them. Apart from the Rooney overhead kick goal... but then again he couldn't have done anything anyway! :)

JackBuddy
26-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I think he can play anywhere on the wings. It's his finishing/creating a cross he has trouble with.
It's not even that bad.

Cheryl
26-03-2011, 02:22 PM
The team is announced as:
1 Joe Hart, 2 Glen Johnson, 3 Ashley Cole, 4 Scott Parker, 5 Michael Dawson, 6 John Terry (c), 7 Frank Lampard, 8 Jack Wilshere, 9 Darren Bent, 10 Wayne Rooney, 11 Ashley Young

StefanWolves
30-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Played 4-3-3 which i was hugely surprising and it has worked, positive stuff

Middlesbrough
30-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd like to take a moment to talk about how well it worked with wingers, I can't help but think playing 2 wingers and crouch could have amazing results

StefanWolves
31-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Two A Johnson and A Young on the wings for me with Rooney in the middle... Wilshere, Gerrard and Lampard in midfield. Terry, Cahill, Richards and A. Cole in defence with Hart in goal. A good team with a mixture of youth and experience and a lot of talent.

JackBuddy
31-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd like to take a moment to talk about how well it worked with wingers, I can't help but think playing 2 wingers and crouch could have amazing results

Not good enough in the air or on the ground.

Two A Johnson and A Young on the wings for me with Rooney in the middle... Wilshere, Gerrard and Lampard in midfield. Terry, Cahill, Richards and A. Cole in defence with Hart in goal. A good team with a mixture of youth and experience and a lot of talent.

No way would any of those 3 in midfield have the discipline required to be the anchor. I wouldn't play Gerrard and Lampard together either. It will have to be Gerrard/Lampard, Wilshere and one of Barry or Parker until hopefully one of Muamba, Cattermole or Rodwell develop to be good enough to play the holding role.

StefanWolves
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
cattermole? **** that. rocks for brains

JackBuddy
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
not many other genuine defensive midfielders that are English.

StefanWolves
04-04-2011, 11:45 PM
rodwell even now is much better than him

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!