PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing at Sixth Form/College?

Fez
03-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Lots of Year 11s on here so thought I'd make a "Look at my amazing school, look what I'm doing." thread.

I'm going to Sixth Form to do.

- History
- English Literature
- English Language
- Government and Politics
- Psychology

Dropping Language after AS, not sure what to do at University, thinking maybe History and Politics, Politics on its own or something interesting.

What are y'all doing?

Oleh
03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
If i'm allowed to post:

i am doing BTEC Business lv2 (couldn't do A Levels due to my Media being a D, yet people who have no experience in the subject got onto the course :S)

But at college in september ill be doing BTEC National Diploma in IT Practioners

Mathew
03-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm taking:

- English Language
- English Literature
- Psychology
- Sociology
- Critical Thinking

at AS.... will probably be dropping Literature for A2.

Woo :)

Triz
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Well hello!

I left college last year after a 3 year course!
When I left school I went to college and studied Public Services for 3 years!
Which consists of Law, Crime, Psychology, Sociology, Expedition Skills etc.. Which is the equivalent of 3 A levels, which of course I passed :)!

I am now in the Army, currently in training to be a MP (Military Police) - I have done my initial training, so I am now fully in the process of becoming MP. Although due to shortage of MP's in my area, I am currently out of training for the time being and am working at a gate in Chicksands with a couple of fully trained MP's (Call it Work Experience if you like)

lawrawrrr
03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I did

English Lit
Classical Civilisation
Music
Food Technology
Philosophy

and for A2, I took (am taking)

English Lit
Music
Classical Civilisation.

woop :)

Fez
03-04-2011, 07:41 PM
If i'm allowed to post:

i am doing BTEC Business lv2 (couldn't do A Levels due to my Media being a D, yet people who have no experience in the subject got onto the course :S)

But at college in september ill be doing BTEC National Diploma in IT Practioners

Odd that, some people in my year are doing History without any experience either.

Was going to do the IT Practitioner diploma myself, but I realised recently that I haven't learnt anything in ICT and I don't enjoy it in the slightest.

dbgtz
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
So far I am looking at:

(AS)
Law
Politics
Maths
Computing
With some enrichment of some kind.

(A level)
Politics
Maths
Computing
With another enrichment likely.

j0rd
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
If this counts I'm currently doing BTEC National Diploma in ICT

Janet Snakehole
03-04-2011, 09:37 PM
If this counts I'm currently doing BTEC National Diploma in ICT

Oh cute, me too :)

scott
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm doing HNC accounts & finance atm :) - which is a Scottish thing

AgnesIO
03-04-2011, 09:45 PM
English Language
Business Studies
Accounting
Politics (includes Citizenship..)

Arron
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Well hello!

I left college last year after a 3 year course!
When I left school I went to college and studied Public Services for 3 years!
Which consists of Law, Crime, Psychology, Sociology, Expedition Skills etc.. Which is the equivalent of 3 A levels, which of course I passed :)!

I am now in the Army, currently in training to be a MP (Military Police) - I have done my initial training, so I am now fully in the process of becoming MP. Although due to shortage of MP's in my area, I am currently out of training for the time being and am working at a gate in Chicksands with a couple of fully trained MP's (Call it Work Experience if you like)

That's pretty impressive dude!

I'm only doing a one-year Public Services Course which includes Anatomy & Physiology, Current Affairs, Map Reading, Leadership Skills, Self Defence and Physical Fitness.

Chris
04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm doing BTEC Diploma in ICT. ^_^

Triz
04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
That's pretty impressive dude!

I'm only doing a one-year Public Services Course which includes Anatomy & Physiology, Current Affairs, Map Reading, Leadership Skills, Self Defence and Physical Fitness.

Thanks buddy!

Good luck with you're course! It's fairly easy, it just takes time and commitment to pass the course. But it really puts you out there in terms of applying for once of the Armed forces, or even any public service as it is fully recognised by them all! Just gives you the upper hand on applications against those who just want to join because it's a stable job, which being in the recession as we are, a lot of people want to join; and by doing Public Services, tells your recruiter that you have wanted to join for a while and are not joining purely for the purpose that it is a good stable job.

Which level are you doing?

Arron
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah. Well I'm hoping to join Merseyside Police or the RAF Police.

Level 3 - equivalent to A-level I think.

Rozi
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm doing my AS's and I'm doing English lit., History and Psychology

Did music until about feb but dropped it because it was a shambles and we hadn't even started our coursework

Triz
04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah. Well I'm hoping to join Merseyside Police or the RAF Police.

Level 3 - equivalent to A-level I think.

Oh nice, good stuff! I was too thinking about RAF MP, they did sound more appealing, but the RAF just didn't offer me the things I wanted in life, so I went to the Army.

AgnesIO
04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks buddy!

Good luck with you're course! It's fairly easy, it just takes time and commitment to pass the course. But it really puts you out there in terms of applying for once of the Armed forces, or even any public service as it is fully recognised by them all! Just gives you the upper hand on applications against those who just want to join because it's a stable job, which being in the recession as we are, a lot of people want to join; and by doing Public Services, tells your recruiter that you have wanted to join for a while and are not joining purely for the purpose that it is a good stable job.

Which level are you doing?

What do you mean by "stable"?

I know two people who, regretfully, were made redundant after training in the RAF for one year - due to the "we want no military" Conservatives.

Arron
05-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Oh nice, good stuff! I was too thinking about RAF MP, they did sound more appealing, but the RAF just didn't offer me the things I wanted in life, so I went to the Army.

Well I turn 18 today so I'm officially legal to apply for the Police so I might hand in an application for the Army and keep my options/career path wide open!

Triz
05-04-2011, 06:09 AM
What do you mean by "stable"?

I know two people who, regretfully, were made redundant after training in the RAF for one year - due to the "we want no military" Conservatives.

That would be because the RAF had it's budget seriously cut and more than 16,000 lost their jobs, blame the government.
The Army will always be a stable job.

Well I turn 18 today so I'm officially legal to apply for the Police so I might hand in an application for the Army and keep my options/career path wide open!

Yeah I wouldn't apply for the civi police, chances of getting in are slim with over 30k apps a year, especially during this day in age! Plus you'll find that they won't accept you at age because they want people with life experience; from, debt to a mortgage, divorced, married etc.. They tend not to take on 18 year olds now.

Glen Coco
05-04-2011, 06:45 AM
If I get the marks D:
Heath and social
English Lit
Psychology
Sociology

Alexx..
05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
BTEC in ICT (Software Engineering)

Mr-Trainor
05-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm going to college in a few months and will be doing:

- Computing
- Economics
- Mathematics
- Further Mathematics
(All A-Level)

Nuxty
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I will be studying English Literature, History, Psychology and Info Systems. I then want to do History at Uni, then a PGCE as I want to get into teaching!

Casio
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
I am currently doing Accounting ICT and Business Level 3 (A-Levels)

merlin15
08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I am going to college

And i am doing Health and social care BTEC Diploma level 1 (i didn't take health and social, i took ICT instead :P)

Amberr
08-04-2011, 07:10 PM
At sixth form im planning to do:

English Lit
Art
ICT
Sociology
and possibly theatre studies (will probably drop it when i get there).

Charlottay!
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physical Education all at A2. Also study AS accounting and last year i did AS media studies

-Eyeless-
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Last Year
Diploma in Guitar Performance - Double Merit
This Year
Higher Diploma in Music Business - Not completed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!