PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been in/witnessed a bad car accident?

HotelUser
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm asking because the other day I saw a young female driver total her parent's car in an accident on the highway, she was spinning and everything. Instead of helping her the two other vehicles who hardly got touched nearby her were arguing with eachother.

Mr-Trainor
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I've never in a bad car accident, or ever witnessed a bad car accident.

Shar
12-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeaaaars ago I saw a car crash on the main road, the car caught on fire. It was horrible :(
I also saw a car crash into a shop before and a car blow up on my road..

beth
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
kinda depends what you count as a "car accident", i saw someone jump off a motorway flyover onto a car. felt so sorry for the driver, not only was their car totaled, that kinda stuff ***** up lives.

Metric1
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I've seen tons of wrecks at home, some bad, some not so bad. The majority of them are rear-end collisions. I was in one major accident in my life, it was my mom and I and we were driving home at night and a truck pulled out to pass us just at the end of the passing lane. We were in the far lane and he didn't have enough space to get over in time because of he was being an idiot and the oncoming traffic, so he cut us off. It caused my mom to hit the side of his truck and then hit the shoulder and lose control. We went through the guard-rail and then down an embankment into a ditch where it landed on the passenger side. My mom was fine, just like cuts and bruises from the seatbelt and airbag. I crushed my ankle and had to get pins put in it to hold it together. I escaped MAJOR head injuries because my mom was driving a new car that had curtain airbags that protected my head from the roof rail coming in. The car was completely totaled and the driver of the truck was found at fault (he had been drinking).

I was in another accident 2 years ago and we were at in intersection and an old man ran a red-light and t-boned us. I was in the passenger seat but I seamed to take the brunt of it, the curtain airbag shielded my friend from the glass but it didn't shield me so I was all cut and bloody and he was fine :(

matt$
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I've been involved in a motorway accident, it was basically a sandwich of like 4 cars, massive damage but luckily no one was hurt even though everyone was going around 60-70mph.

cocaine
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
i was on a coach that almost tipped over on the french motorway when the driver swerved and came off.. luckily it didn't tip over but sure shook me up

Suspective
12-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Our little Fiat 500 (an old classic one) got reversed into in the middle of the road by some big 4x4.

Shook me up at the time :P

tdi
12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
there was a thread like this a while ago in the discuss anything bit, i'll just copy my post from that. haha

On the way to pick up some parts from down the country, I came round a corner to find that one of the motorbikers who'd just overtaken us literally a minute before in a pool of blood on the motorway with the bike halfway down the road. We were one of the first people at the scene and he'd hit the central reservation and ripped his arm clean off.
It was shocking to see and they hadn't been going silly fast, I think he just lost control. Some lady who was first on scene was luckily an off duty nurse, so she put him in the recovery position and had wrapped an old T-shirt around his arm and one of his friends was putting pressure on it until the emergency services arrived. Never did find out what happened to him in the end but I hope he survived, it was a horrible sight to see him there in such a state of pain and shock.

On another note, I had fun driving a car into things before my mate scrapped it.

Matthew
13-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I'll c+p mine too :P

No, but I've seen one occur right infront of me.

My dad was driving me to the station, and it was quite early in the morning, and the man who was driving infront of us obviously fell asleep at the wheel, and he swerved from the fast line into a road sign by the side of the road at about 80 mph, only narrowly missing another car.

Scary stuff.

Circadia
13-04-2011, 09:48 AM
I wasn't in a serious car accident as I went to school the same day but I was quite shook up. A silly woman drove into the side of our car at 20/30 mph and luckily only hit the front of the car. If she hit the passenger door I would have ended up in hospital. I haven't witnessed any car accidents but there was one were a man was drunk and was speeding down a road near my old house, he went into my friends dads car and damaged it quite badly, if the car he had crashed into wasn't there he wouldn't of been caught as quickly as he was, he had murdered his wife and put her in the passenger seat of the car and went to presumably hide the body somewhere. Like I said if he didn't crash he wouldn't of been caught as quickly as he was :')

,elaboratedolls
13-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Never. Haven't been in one, haven't seen one.

Narnat,
13-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Well.. Kind of If you count seeing someone getting nocked down. I saw a kid playing on the road and he was being chased by his mates and bang he walked right into the car.

awelsh
13-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I flipped my first car, below is the pics of it just after the accident and then another from when it had been removed from the road. Came out with a bruised nose from hitting the steering wheel.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/20857_407167753852_565113852_4399470_3945616_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/35781_407776903852_565113852_4414763_8300499_n.jpg

My mate flipped his car at about 60mph over a hedge and into a field, no injuries.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8228/30112009657000.jpg

Luke
17-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Worst one I've seen, is I was in Little Chef, staring out the window, and happened to be perfect timing, there was an Eddie Stobart lorry coming down, and the trailer behind it, was shaking, was out of control, a clio was just pulling out the petrol station, bang, the lorry smacked into the back of the clio, side on - the back half othe clio, was wiped clean off, LUCKILY no one was in the back of the clio.. and the stobart lorry landed on it's side. Happened fast, hard to recall what happened, but it's the first time, i've seen a car split in half..

Mathew
18-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Nopeeee, never been in one and I've never seen one. Don't want to either, touch wood.

orientalframe?
18-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I haven't experienced a car crash (yet), but I've seen one about 5 metres away from me.

I was walking along a path in my estate, and a car was going really fast round this tight corner and crashed into someones house, it wasn't that bad but jesus it made me jump.

Alexx..
18-04-2011, 03:06 PM
It wasn't such a bad accident but i've been in a crash where we had to go to hospital. Stupid women drivers!

lawrawrrr
18-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Crash 1: A woman came speeding at me, my dad and sister in her car, going through a red light, hit us and we rolled 4 times, ended up upside down and I was in hospital for 3 days...

Crash 2: Man smashed in the side of our car (not where I was sitting thank god)

Crash 3: Dad swerved to avoid a motorbike, hit a bollard (that one hurt)

Random crashes and scrapes - my dad's not a very careful driver...

I've seen quite a few, all sorts of degrees of seriousity (lol seriousity, i miss him)

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I been in a bad car accident and witnessed lots of it too. There was once when I was coming back from my grandmother's house after a reunion dinner, I didnt lock the door properly and I fell out of the car at the speed of 60-70km/hour. So, I gotta spend one week at the hospital.
What I witnessed before is when I was going to a hill resort, there was this bus coming down. The bus was ok and going good at first. But then, it went uncontrolled and hit the divider. 28 passengers were killed and the whole road was shut down and I was trapped in it. The news even went international.

kuzkasate
23-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I myself have been involved in small accidents but not long ago I witnessed a really bad crash. These two idiots were speeding up the road on a motorbike, going up and down the street. I go in the shop to buy some crisps, come out, turn a corner and one of the guys is under a silver car with his motorbike, not moving.

Andy-
23-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Nope but i've seen one a car came out a road without looking the lady swerved to dodge and went into a railing she was just cut a bit and bleeding.

Jssy
24-04-2011, 01:02 AM
No but I've been on a bus and it went past an accident scene a big citroen smashed in to a fiat. Not a pretty sight.

Wondel
13-05-2011, 02:17 AM
The other day a car backed right into me at an intersection than just drove away, they just didn't even look I guess and boom right into my bumper. My car was only scratched a bit, but still a hit and run.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!