PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Liverpool

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Can't believe there wasn't a thread on this?

Boring game in general, the 11 minutes of stoppage time was brilliant though!

Obviously loads of Arsenal fans don't think Liverpools penalty was a penalty. Personally I would say it was. Eboue did not need to get so close to the player - all he had to do was stand back and the final whistle would have been blown. Instead he pushed on to the Liverpool players back, and sensibly the Liverpool player went down. Made it 1-1.

At the end of the day, if someone pushes your back in the penalty area if you don't go down you are stupid.

Good game imo

luce
18-04-2011, 11:27 AM
yeah i only watched the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes so i got the best of it i think haha. In my opinion both were penalties all eboue had to do was see the ball out it was going away from goal and that was that the whistle was going to go. How Wenger has come out and blamed the ref for it is beyond me i think it must just be embarrassment. Also coming out and saying how they are fed up with teams coming and defending at the Emirates, well what do you expect? Them to roll over and say come and score 50? It's a test of a title winning team to be able to unpick defensive teams.

Cwmbran
18-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Could anyone link me to some highlights of it? Missed MoTD was working :(

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Could anyone link me to some highlights of it? Missed MoTD was working :(

Can't find any ones up atm.

However this website contains links to different parts http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/04/18/video-arsenal-vs-liverpool-highlights-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-our-title-challenge/

Alexx..
18-04-2011, 05:16 PM
It made me laugh that it ended 1-1 especially at the end of 11 minutes of extra time ahahaha.

.Shaun,,
18-04-2011, 05:17 PM
They both were penalties what ever anybody says. The extra stoppage time that got played was because of the celebration of the Arsenal goal, which wastes over a minute. Eboue was stupid to push Lucas out the way when he should of just left it but glad he did, it left us with a point to take home which is better than nothing! :)

Cwmbran
18-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Can't find any ones up atm.

However this website contains links to different parts http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/04/18/video-arsenal-vs-liverpool-highlights-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-our-title-challenge/
Thanks for that! What a crazy end to a game.

Deak
18-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Well what a fantastic stoppage time it was!

Both were definite penalties & you have to play until the referee blows the full time whistle!

Eboue was stupid though as the Liverpool player (forgot who :P) had his back to goal and was moving away from goal...

Looks like Arsenal may have given Man U the title by giving the penalty away

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!