PDA

View Full Version : Have you applied for Olympic Tickets?

luce
18-04-2011, 12:20 PM
We haven't applied yet but we have the most of what we want selected just waiting to finalize it.

So far:
Athletics - incl mens 100m final
Swimming - 4 finals 2 semis
Cycling track - finals agian
Gymnastics - Mens volt, mens rings and womens uneven bars finals

i wanted to see tom daley dive but his finals are either too early and too late for us being there which is a shame i might go back on my own though if possible.

Hope we get the tickets though imagine there will be millions applying.

-Heart
18-04-2011, 12:23 PM
My dad applied for tickets us last year, doubt we'll get any.

myke
18-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Na, I'm alright watching it on TV :P ... a few of my friends have applied for different ones though. Would be interesting I guess.

luce
18-04-2011, 12:26 PM
The ballet only opened in march?

And yeah would be interesting might try and see some hockey since it's my sport no point in the football.

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Nope.

Huge rip off for tickets.

The view i the Olympic Stadium for any affordable tickets is awful

Mathew
18-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Nah, not our cup of tea at all; doubt we'll even watch it on TV :P

luce
18-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I know the prices are high but i love sport, obviously, and i thin one Olympics has to be done - and it's not me paying soo. Think i would prefer 2 weeks in florida but i will have then when im not with my parents.

orientalframe?
18-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I've applied for hockey tickets, because it's a sport I really enjoy watching. I was thinking about diving, but I'm not a big fan of the Olympics overall, it's just the certain sports. :)

luce
18-04-2011, 01:42 PM
I've applied for hockey tickets, because it's a sport I really enjoy watching. I was thinking about diving, but I'm not a big fan of the Olympics overall, it's just the certain sports. :)

i love seeing the medals presented so everything i've applied for have medal ceremonies haha. The hockey should be good it's good watching it at an international level.

Cheryl
18-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I love the whole feel of the olympics. We've applied for tickets. The price isn't that high, unless you go for the premium areas. I should be going to watch the men's hockey final hopefully (yn) I love playing and watching hockey :)

AgnesIO
i love seeing the medals presented so everything i've applied for have medal ceremonies haha. The hockey should be good it's good watching it at an international level.

The tickets are three times as much to see someone win a medal aren't they?

Seeing all that would be amazing, although I do think the prices are extortionate.

Good luck on getting the tickets :)

sammy
Nah, not our cup of tea at all; doubt we'll even watch it on TV :P

This, we never usually watch the Olympics on TV anyway, but I suppose it'd be nice to be there. Not something I'd really want to go to though :P.

Andy-
18-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm just going to watch in on tv I will be one year to young to volunteer.

Mr-Trainor
18-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I haven't, I'm fine to just watch it on tv :D.

luce
18-04-2011, 02:37 PM
The tickets are three times as much to see someone win a medal aren't they?

Seeing all that would be amazing, although I do think the prices are extortionate.

Good luck on getting the tickets :)

don't think it's quite that much

i was considering volunteering but you get to sit in a warehouse all day bagging programmes or something you don't get any guarantee of seeing any sport it said so i wasn't risking that haha.

Alexx..
18-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Nope I haven't I wish though, i'd love to go to the olympics. I'll just watch it on tv I suppose.

Neversoft
18-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Wootzeh posted a thread about this last month.

Anyway, I haven't applied yet but am probably going to go for the opening ceremony, the ping pong final and badminton, perhaps a few others too depending on prices. Hope I get one, at least.

Alexx..
18-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Wootzeh posted a thread about this last month.

Anyway, I haven't applied yet but am probably going to go for the opening ceremony, the ping pong final and badminton, perhaps a few others too depending on prices. Hope I get one, at least.

Are they still able to apply for?

beth
18-04-2011, 03:20 PM
naa can't afford it!

Neversoft
18-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Are they still able to apply for?

According to the emails they've been sending me ticket application closes on the 26th of April.

Alexx..
18-04-2011, 03:31 PM
According to the emails they've been sending me ticket application closes on the 26th of April.

Oh thank you, i'll still try and apply then.

Rozi
18-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd love to but neither of my parents seem particularly keen.

I have applied to be an 'ambassador' though, so help tourists around the city and that'll be my part of the fun.
I was less than a month too young to actually volunteer at the games :(

matt$
18-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Was never a real fan of the olympics it might be different watching it in real life but on tv they jump between to many events and i don't know whats going on tbh.

luce
18-04-2011, 03:52 PM
if i don't get tickets i think i'll still go and see what i can get into or chill around the village and watch on the screens or something i love big events like this. Like i'd go to the world cup and not have tickets.

AgnesIO
18-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Was never a real fan of the olympics it might be different watching it in real life but on tv they jump between to many events and i don't know whats going on tbh.

Watch it live then..

AND SEE NOTHING AT ALL!!

---------- Post added 18-04-2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

don't think it's quite that much

i was considering volunteering but you get to sit in a warehouse all day bagging programmes or something you don't get any guarantee of seeing any sport it said so i wasn't risking that haha.

I know for some of the running events it was£150 for a ticket without any medals, and £450 if there were (same seat)

luce
18-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Watch it live then..

AND SEE NOTHING AT ALL!!

---------- Post added 18-04-2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

I know for some of the running events it was£150 for a ticket without any medals, and £450 if there were (same seat)

wow i just wanted to see some and most of the time you go and see some good events which are finals you do get a medal ceremony and i don't really want to watch the heats :)

beth
18-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd love to but neither of my parents seem particularly keen.

I have applied to be an 'ambassador' though, so help tourists around the city and that'll be my part of the fun.
I was less than a month too young to actually volunteer at the games :(

yeh i got asked to do this by mcdonalds when i was working there last summer ha, they're big sponsors of the games ironically.

Phil
18-04-2011, 08:11 PM
How do you even apply for tickets? lmao. I just thought it was "GO HERE AND BUY" like ticketmaster or somet.

Jordy
18-04-2011, 08:50 PM
How do you even apply for tickets? lmao. I just thought it was "GO HERE AND BUY" like ticketmaster or somet.http://www.tickets.london2012.com/ - Not especially difficult. It works like Ticketmaster but it's just one website with them all on.

I've applied for the maximum 20 tickets, mostly athletics. If I was to get all 20 tickets it'd cost me £2100 lol but most likely i'll only get 1 or 2, the odds of getting any tickets are small. I regret not applying to volunteer for it :(

Arron
18-04-2011, 09:10 PM
This isn't an event I take huge interest in to be fair. I probably won't even watch it on the telly. The Opening Ceremony's in these events are spectacular, though, so I may give the opening a viewing.

Cwmbran
18-04-2011, 09:13 PM
yeh applied for the swimming cant wait

epiclyawesome
19-04-2011, 08:15 AM
My dad applied for tickets us last year, doubt we'll get any.

You need to do it now.
If you applied last year, You won't have any.

---------- Post added 19-04-2011 at 09:16 AM ----------

Yes!

I've been lucky enough to already visit the Olympic Park, and i can't wait!

I've got two tickets for the Opening Ceremony, The rest i'll watch on tv haha

Michael
19-04-2011, 09:25 AM
London will be too crowded on that day, impossible to get around.

GirlNextDoor15
19-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Aww I wanted to buy the tickets but I don't know how. :(

Michael
19-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Aww I wanted to buy the tickets but I don't know how. :(

You order them :)

Andy-
19-04-2011, 09:52 AM
London will be too crowded on that day, impossible to get around.

I agree I live in London and I will get frustrated live3 0 mins away from the Olympic Opening Ceremony.

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 10:32 AM
I agree I live in London and I will get frustrated live3 0 mins away from the Olympic Opening Ceremony.

They are changing all the traffic lights though aren't they.

Like syncing them all together, so you won't get past one set then get stopped at the next.

epiclyawesome
19-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, it will be crowded. but then it's crowded most weekends.

To prevent crowding they are doing a number of things, though:

- You will not be able to get to the games via car. This helps pollution (in their sustainable proposal), but also helps congestion on the roads around the olympic park (well, add to the congestion).
- You have to get to the games via Public transport. This means that they can control how many buses/taxis are on the road at any one given point.
- Extra capacity Tubes/DLR, This means that they will be able to cope with extra passengers on the underground and DLR.
- High Speed Trains (The Javelin). They will use the new high-speed south-eastern trains during the games to get passengers from central london to stratford in under 3 minutes.
-Extra boats on the thames to transport passengers.
- Also, they're contemplating shutting many roads in and around London to cope with over capacity pathways and to allow public transport to get to the park quicker.

Hope this helped:)

AgnesIO
19-04-2011, 10:57 AM
I have seen the stadium, and a lot of other bits (velodrome, basketball place etc) progress hugely. Being an Orient fan the way to get there is by driving past it. I must say, the way they have completed it is fantastic. Although the stadium is superb, compared to the Birds Nest one in Chine, I have to say it is somewhat disappointing.

Neversoft
19-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes, it will be crowded. but then it's crowded most weekends.

To prevent crowding they are doing a number of things, though:

- You will not be able to get to the games via car. This helps pollution (in their sustainable proposal), but also helps congestion on the roads around the olympic park (well, add to the congestion).
- You have to get to the games via Public transport. This means that they can control how many buses/taxis are on the road at any one given point.
- Extra capacity Tubes/DLR, This means that they will be able to cope with extra passengers on the underground and DLR.
- High Speed Trains (The Javelin). They will use the new high-speed south-eastern trains during the games to get passengers from central london to stratford in under 3 minutes.
-Extra boats on the thames to transport passengers.
- Also, they're contemplating shutting many roads in and around London to cope with over capacity pathways and to allow public transport to get to the park quicker.

Hope this helped:)

Also, public transport in London will be absolutely free for anyone who has a ticket for the Olympic Games, as long as it is on the date of the event.

epiclyawesome
19-04-2011, 11:27 AM
indeed ;)

Forgot that one after my essay ;D

Jordy
19-04-2011, 12:29 PM
indeed ;)

Forgot that one after my essay ;DGeography I'm assuming? :)

The new Thames Cable Car maybe of interest too, connecting the Excel and 02 Arena across the river (Both are hosting many Olympic events); http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Work-On-A-50m-Cable-Car-Service-Across-The-River-Thames-At-Greenwich-Will-Start-This-Summer/Article/201104315974321?f=rss

The transport plan for the games is very extensive, however a bit of disruption and it could turn into a catastrophe. Train tickets to London during the Olympics have recently gone on sale and typically train tickets don't go on sale for 3 months before travel. It's also likely that the German train operator, DB's ICE will be running direct trains from Frankfurt, Cologne and maybe Amsterdam into St Pancras :)

ihatehash
20-04-2011, 12:55 PM
we had something similar for the rugby world cup where you had to apply. It's sort of annoying thought they reserve tonnes of seats just for sponsors and such. I would love to go to the Olympics but can't afford to go to London next year.

GirlNextDoor15
20-04-2011, 01:02 PM
You order them :)

How to order them? by mail?

Misawa
20-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Won't be watching a second on TV. Bores me to tears.

Stephen
20-04-2011, 02:15 PM
wouldn't go to watch but id love to have a few days out in london while it's going on, just to feel part of it lmao :S

Zuth
20-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I think we have something todo with the opening thing, im not sure, i dont understand it all much lol.

-:Undertaker:-
20-04-2011, 05:13 PM
We have to pay again for tickets? I thought we've already all paid towards it.

Repentance?
20-04-2011, 05:34 PM
i really wanted to go, but i wasn't allowed!D: i love the olympics, i was determine to work there, (if i got the job as one of those child jobs things:L) but i couldnt D:

.x.miss.angel.x
20-04-2011, 05:38 PM
I have heard it can be super complicated, like you may only get say 2/5 tickets, and they have your names on :L That would be awkward if say your baby sister + toddler brother had to go! XD

But we did'nt, quite fancied going. The funny thing is Im the least sporty in my fam!

AgnesIO
20-04-2011, 06:22 PM
We have to pay again for tickets? I thought we've already all paid towards it.

Oh my god.

Why even waste your time posting this? OF COURSE YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR TICKETS.

Charlottay!
20-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I applied for opening ceremony, swimming and tennis. All pretty early so no finals or anything. :D hopefully will get them

Oleh
20-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I was thinking of going with a few mates. But seeing the prices i think my tv will work out economically better

AgnesIO
21-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I was thinking of going with a few mates. But seeing the prices i think my tv will work out economically better

Save the money and put together to buy a nice 60in TV :L

Neversoft
26-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Just applied for my tickets.

Badminton Men's Singles and Men's Doubles Gold Medal Match
Badminton Men's Singles Semifinals and Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match
Ping Pong Women's Singles First Round and Men's Singles First Round
Ping Pong Men's Team Bronze Medal Match
Swimming Men's 400m Individual Medley, Women's 100m Butterfly, Men's 400m Freestyle, Women's 400m Individual Medley, Men's 100m Breaststroke, Women's 4 x 100m Freestyle and Relay Heats

£166 in total.

For those still wanting to apply, you have two hours left - http://www.tickets.london2012.com/howtoapply.html

luce
27-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Finally sent my application in on Monday deadline was extended until 1am so last minuter could get theres in haha. Latest you'll hear is 24th June then it's a first come first serve for the tickets that aren't sold.

dirrty
28-04-2011, 03:40 PM
applied for the opening ceremony. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to see the 100m finals but no way i could spend that much :(

Technologic
28-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Applied for opening, closing, fair few athletics, some equastrian events and weightlifting finals..... hope we dont get them all cus thatll be like £3-4000 LOL

dirrty
28-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Applied for opening, closing, fair few athletics, some equastrian events and weightlifting finals..... hope we dont get them all cus thatll be like £3-4000 LOL
so hope you get them all :dance:

Jack!
28-04-2011, 06:46 PM
My girlfriend has - £800 if they are allocated. Each. ****

Zuth
28-04-2011, 07:55 PM
We've applied for the opening thing :) And gymnastics

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!