PDA

View Full Version : Computer Animation

-Pebble
20-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi, so I'm going to uni in September to study computer animation, I haven't really had much past experience in this field, so I was just wondering if anyone else had?

Also has anyone had any experience in using Maya?

:D

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from ' Graphics Help and Requests' to here as more suited

Syphon
20-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Tried and failed xP I'm more of a 2D animator if anything.

Good luck though :D animation is a great choice, try using blender or some other free animation software to get used to the tools used :).

GirlNextDoor15
22-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Nope had no experience but good luck! Hope you excel in it :)

AgnesIO
22-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Just a question; I have never done it myself, however, do you not need some kind of experience to go on to study something at University?

-Pebble
23-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Thankyou and thankyou:)

and.. no, I don't, they teach you everything from scratch.. All I need is good drawing/artistic ability's and to be completely comfortable with using a computer ahah. Need 240 UCAS points as well.. but no actual experience necessary.

Accipiter
23-04-2011, 04:26 PM
So you've studied A Levels to get the 240 ucas points?

Not really much experience within 3d animation but I've done crappy little animations, its not my cup of tea even when I do like art haha.

-Pebble
24-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes. Well, I am currently taking A Level art and ICT, (and also got an extra 70 points from my grade 8 music performance)

And ok, well that's cool, what software did you use? Like Adobe Flash or something? What did you do your animations for? Fun? ;D

AgnesIO
24-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes. Well, I am currently taking A Level art and ICT, (and also got an extra 70 points from my grade 8 music performance)

And ok, well that's cool, what software did you use? Like Adobe Flash or something? What did you do your animations for? Fun? ;D

Awesome! What instrument do you play?

Accipiter
24-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Just fun yeah, I either created small seperate slides and iaza'd them, not really much computer animation, or i've messed around on photoshop animation (quite a bad animator) and adobe flash (it's alright)

I believe you can do animations on Final cut pro too but never been bothered by it

-Pebble
24-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Awesome! What instrument do you play?
The French Horn. Cos that's how I roll ;D

AgnesIO
24-04-2011, 11:25 AM
The French Horn. Cos that's how I roll ;D

That is cool :D Me on anything brass is a mass fail, what is grade 8 like for the french horn?

-Pebble
24-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Ahh yeh, I know what you mean. That's more just an animated GIF. And cool, I've never tried photoshop animation. Infact, I tend not to use photoshop, I much prefer Fireworks xD

Might give final cut pro a try, thanks:)

-Pebble
24-04-2011, 01:10 PM
That is cool :D Me on anything brass is a mass fail, what is grade 8 like for the french horn?
Haaaa :P Do you play anything then? And its hard, very very hard! :P

AgnesIO
24-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Haaaa :P Do you play anything then? And its hard, very very hard! :P

Bass (grade 6, starting grade 8), guitar - doing grade 5, drums - grade 2/3 standard, piano - doing grade 3

-Pebble
24-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Bass (grade 6, starting grade 8), guitar - doing grade 5, drums - grade 2/3 standard, piano - doing grade 3
Nice, I play bass too ^^, but don't do grades on it :P ..too much effort! ;D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!