PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Transfers!

Lamz
22-04-2011, 11:57 AM
‎Arsenal have £40 million to spend this summer... lets see what happens; i say 2 CB's 2CMF & a consistent goal scorer.

Keepers: Scezney is good, Lehman on the bench...
Defenders: Get rid of Song & squillaci
Midfield: Arsenal need a mad African no lie! & some1 to fill in for fabregas when his injured
Forwards: Van Persie is ALWAYS injured so they'll need some1 to fill in...

40 mill isn't enough for all of this, but he can at least get good defenders, that's the main weakness.

Agree or Disagree?

Andy-
22-04-2011, 12:04 PM
i agree with his except for getting rid of Song he has his moments where he cans shine and perform well, Van Persie and Fabregas need decent replacements not youths who are good but have no experience in a real game of football.

Middlesbrough
22-04-2011, 01:49 PM
As much as I hate to tell you Song isn't a defender.

On another note it's not really close to the transfer window, this thread shouldn't just be about arsenal either.

Lamz
22-04-2011, 02:08 PM
As much as I hate to tell you Song isn't a defender.

On another note it's not really close to the transfer window, this thread shouldn't just be about arsenal either.

He dosen't play like a midfielder...

I don't care about any other club apart from the one i've been supporting for 95% of my life which is Arsenal. :)

Yupt
22-04-2011, 04:08 PM
If Fabregas is on the move to Barca, you'll have alot more than 40 mill to play with, in which case you'll need to find a replacement for Cesc and obviously sort the defensive issue as well.

Lamz
22-04-2011, 04:38 PM
If Fabregas is on the move to Barca, you'll have alot more than 40 mill to play with, in which case you'll need to find a replacement for Cesc and obviously sort the defensive issue as well.

true, i don't think he'll go this season doi, next season definatly

Middlesbrough
22-04-2011, 05:31 PM
He dosen't play like a midfielder...

I don't care about any other club apart from the one i've been supporting for 95% of my life which is Arsenal. :)

He can 'not player like a midfielder' all he likes, he's still a midfielder, your ignorance is unbelievable, don't get me wrong I love Arsenal for the way they play but I don't think the majority of the sports section just want to talk about them.

Andy-
22-04-2011, 05:36 PM
He can 'not player like a midfielder' all he likes, he's still a midfielder, your ignorance is unbelievable, don't get me wrong I love Arsenal for the way they play but I don't think the majority of the sports section just want to talk about them.

This is a good point Lamar you could have made a thread summarizing the transfers for the whole league instead of just one club or the top four. But I agree Cesc Fabregas will most likely leave next season and Arsenal will definently have to sort out their defense and get a good replacement for Fabregas

AgnesIO
22-04-2011, 05:48 PM
To be fair, I think you need a new goalkeeper. Just my two cents

Andy-
22-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I think Scezney is doing a good job and if her is not performing, get's injured or gets sent of Lehman is always their on hand another good goalkeeper.

Middlesbrough
22-04-2011, 06:00 PM
You need another striker other than Van Persie, nuff said

-

To develop a little more, Van persie needs a striking partner, somebody who has more pace

Andy-
22-04-2011, 06:10 PM
You need another striker other than Van Persie, nuff said

-

To develop a little more, Van persie needs a striking partner, somebody who has more pace

But Arsenal can use Theo Walcott as a striker or Nicklas Bendter.

AgnesIO
22-04-2011, 06:23 PM
But Arsenal can use Theo Walcott as a striker or Nicklas Bendter.

BENDTNER?

What a waste.

Andy-
22-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Bendtner he may nto always perform but he has his moments where he shines that's what makes him a footballer.

AgnesIO
22-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Bendtner he may nto always perform but he has his moments where he shines that's what makes him a footballer.

He's a ****. End of story.

Dislike him completely.

The best footballers are consistently good.

Andy-
22-04-2011, 06:37 PM
He's a ****. End of story.

Dislike him completely.

The best footballers are consistently good.

Okay I agree with that statement but he may not be the best but he is good.

luce
25-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I think fab will be out since you won't win anything again this season. 40m is nothing in the inflated market Torres cost 50m just to put it in perspective! You need a whole new defense - including goalkeeper he is too confident for his ability which is lacking!

Also that 40m could be spent on re-styling the hair of almost every player on your team. seriously.

Matthew
25-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Okay I agree with that statement but he may not be the best but he is good.

Yes he's alright, but alright just isn't good enough when you want to challenge for trophies.

Arsenal need a new player in every department IMO, especially defense and GK.

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 11:20 AM
They pretty much need a new player in every position.

They need a new goalkeeper - Lehman is far too old to play top flight football and Scnezy or whatever his name is isn't that good.
They need new defenders, their current defence is awful, end of.
They need new midfielders to support Fabregas and Nasri. They're good, but when one of them gets injured there's no one to replace.
they need new strikers. Van Persie is good but there is no one to support him. Bendtner is okay at best and Walcott is just a let down. Maybe Wilshere will be good enough in a year or two, but not yet.

£40m is nothing though. Watch City & Chelsea go and spend £100m each.

luce
25-04-2011, 11:23 AM
They pretty much need a new player in every position.

They need a new goalkeeper - Lehman is far too old to play top flight football and Scnezy or whatever his name is isn't that good.
They need new defenders, their current defence is awful, end of.
They need new midfielders to support Fabregas and Nasri. They're good, but when one of them gets injured there's no one to replace.
they need new strikers. Van Persie is good but there is no one to support him. Bendtner is okay at best and Walcott is just a let down. Maybe Wilshere will be good enough in a year or two, but not yet.

£40m is nothing though. Watch City & Chelsea go and spend £100m each.

yeah it's alright saying that City will spend 100m but they don't need new players the need to build a team with the current players they've got. Their problem is their a bunch a world class players and there is no sense of team. There should be more leaving city then there should be coming in.

And Chelsea i don't think Abramovic will release an extra 100m to Ancolotti until he's sure it will win him what he wants - the CL.

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah it's alright saying that City will spend 100m but they don't need new players the need to build a team with the current players they've got. Their problem is their a bunch a world class players and there is no sense of team. There should be more leaving city then there should be coming in.

And Chelsea i don't think Abramovic will release an extra 100m to Ancolotti until he's sure it will win him what he wants - the CL.

But they have the money, and they will use it. That's the problem lol.

But lets turn this thread into all transfers.

For Liverpool I think we need a new midfielder and a new defender, and possibly a new keeper.
Our strikers are doing really well (Kuyt, Caroll & Suarez), so no need for them. But we have to look to the future. Gerrard is getting old(ish), Reina is getting old, Carragher is getting old, they'll all retire relatively soon so we need to find players to replace them.
I hope Liverpool buy Adams from Blackpool (who we tried to get in January) and a young goalkeeper (possibly Joe Hart - but I'd doubt he'd leave Man City).

Matthew
25-04-2011, 11:34 AM
But they have the money, and they will use it. That's the problem lol.

But lets turn this thread into all transfers.

For Liverpool I think we need a new midfielder and a new defender, and possibly a new keeper.
Our strikers are doing really well (Kuyt, Caroll & Suarez), so no need for them. But we have to look to the future. Gerrard is getting old(ish), Reina is getting old, Carragher is getting old, they'll all retire relatively soon so we need to find players to replace them.
I hope Liverpool buy Adams from Blackpool (who we tried to get in January) and a young goalkeeper (possibly Joe Hart - but I'd doubt he'd leave Man City).

Don't liverpool want shay given to replace reina?

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Don't liverpool want shay given to replace reina?

I actually haven't followed transfer rumours for a while. But Given is older than Reina so that would defeat the point really?

Matthew
25-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I actually haven't followed transfer rumours for a while. But Given is older than Reina so that would defeat the point really?

it was something like liverpool know that they will lose reina during the transfer window, and want an experienced GK to replace him.
I don't see why reina would want to leave anyway...

Its all rumours at the end of the day!

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Yup. I dunno, I think we've wanted Given for a long time but never got him. I wouldn't mind him, he's good but he hasn't got long left in him so imo it's a waste of money and we should look for a younger goalkeeper.

And I don't know why he would leave either, but I suppose if we finish in 6th (although I think we can grab 5th) you can understand he'd be frustrated with no European football.

CHA!NGANG
26-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Stopped reading at:

Get rid of Song
Walcott has been a let down

This forum has seriously gone downhill.

AgnesIO
26-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Stopped reading at:

Get rid of Song

Obviously whoever said those are die hard football fans, who go to see their team play.

luce
26-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Stopped reading at:

Get rid of Song

I can't comment on Song because i don't see him pay enough however you could argue Walcott hasn't really for filled his potential. after he was picked for the work cup in 2006 everyone heiled him as the next english superstar however in the next 4 years he didn't really impress to the extent that he wasn't picked this summer and it was a shock but not a major loss. Yes he is a good player, and no doubt will become world class however I don't think he's progressed as quickly and to the extent some people expected after he burst onto the scene. He also has competition as England golden boy with Johnson and Wilshiere (sp) both improving rapidly also. For me Wilshiere is the one to watch even though he has a little temper on him when things don't go his way.

On Reina he came out saying he wanted to leave however since Liverpool have picked up under Kenny he has pledged his future to them whether he sticks to that is another thing. Given does need to leave city he is wasted on the bench because he is a class goal keeper.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!