PDA

View Full Version : Celtic vs Rangers [Sunday]

DPS
22-04-2011, 04:21 PM
So it's this time again another old firm match.

Rangers are top of the SPL but Celtic are behide by one game, and there isnt long left in the SPL now.

The 52nd SPL Old Firm game takes place at Ibrox on Sunday - live on Sky Sports at 12.30pm - with Celtic 23-18 wins ahead in the series so far. There have been 10 draws.

1998/99 (Celtic 5 points, Rangers 5 points)
Rangers 0-0 Celtic, Celtic 5-1 Rangers, Rangers 2-2 Celtic, Celtic 0-3 Rangers

1999/00 (Rangers 10 points, Celtic 1 point)
Rangers 4-2 Celtic, Celtic 1-1 Rangers, Celtic 0-1 Rangers, Rangers 4-0 Celtic

2000/01 (Celtic 9 points, Rangers 3 points)
Celtic 6-2 Rangers, Rangers 5-1 Celtic, Celtic 1-0 Rangers, Rangers 0-3 Celtic

2001/02 (Celtic 8 points, Rangers 2 points)
Rangers 0-2 Celtic, Celtic 2-1 Rangers, Rangers 1-1 Celtic, Celtic 1-1 Rangers

2002/03 (Celtic 7 points, Rangers 4 points)
Celtic 3-3 Rangers, Rangers 3-2 Celtic, Celtic 1-0 Rangers, Rangers 1-2 Celtic

2003/04 (Celtic 12 points, Rangers 0 points)
Rangers 0-1 Celtic, Celtic 3-0 Rangers, Rangers 1-2 Celtic, Celtic 1-0 Rangers

2004/05 (Celtic 6 points, Rangers 6 points)
Celtic 1-0 Rangers, Rangers 2-0 Celtic, Celtic 0-2 Rangers, Rangers 1-2 Celtic

2005/06 (Celtic 7 points, Rangers 4 points)
Rangers 3-1 Celtic, Celtic 3-0 Rangers, Rangers 0-1 Celtic, Celtic 0-0 Rangers

2006/07 (Rangers 7 points, Celtic 4 points)
Celtic 2-0 Rangers, Rangers 1-1 Celtic, Celtic 0-1 Rangers, Rangers 2-0 Celtic

2007/08 (Rangers 6 points, Celtic 6 points)
Rangers 3-0 Celtic, Rangers 1-0 Celtic, Celtic 2-1 Rangers, Celtic 3-2 Rangers

2008/09 (Rangers 7 points, Celtic 4 points)
Celtic 2-4 Rangers, Rangers 0-1 Celtic, Celtic 0-0 Rangers, Rangers 1-0 Celtic

2009/10 (Rangers 7 points, Celtic 4 points)
Rangers 2-1 Celtic, Celtic 1-1 Rangers, Rangers 1-0 Celtic, Celtic 2-1 Rangers

2010/11 (Celtic 6 points, Rangers 3 points)
Celtic 1-3 Rangers, Rangers 0-2 Celtic, Celtic 3-0 Rangers

"taken from scotprem website"

Who do you thinks going to win?

P.S MON THE HOOPS!

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Thread bumped with pointless post and thread has gone off topic so closed.

Deak
22-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Rangers will win 3-2 :)

DPS
22-04-2011, 04:58 PM
LOL dream on... rangers aint on form.

Unlike Celtic :)

Andy-
22-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I've never watched these teams play each other before but looking at the stats and on my own personal opinion Celtics to win.

DPS
22-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Haha Andy your getting +rep for that.

and Andy maybe you should. Biggest game in scotland :P Celtic have around 9 million loyal fans.

Just kinda sucks that rangers fans would send bombs to the celtic manager and 2 fans...

Mark
22-04-2011, 09:15 PM
You mean the small minority of fans (you get them in every club) who would do that? What about the true supporters like me who focus of the game?

I cannot make a prediction at this moment in time as it is very unpredictable. It will be a good game but per usual Celtic like to think they can win every game they go into.

luce
23-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Celtic i think will win hopefully it will be as explosive as the last one from a neutrals point of view - but i always sway towards celtic in support :-)

DPS
23-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Nah Marky but i see all rangers fans as the same, i know is bad of me to do so but its the way my family is, and will remain to be.

Mark
23-04-2011, 08:30 PM
And that is and will remain the stereotypical view of Celtic Fans in the minds of Rangers Fans. No wonder things like that are sent to Neil Lennon...

DPS
23-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Lol the way you talk, it's as if you think it was right for that to happen? also sending pictures of his family with bullets to there head...

Mark
23-04-2011, 11:23 PM
To clarify I was not accepting the fact that it is okay to sned that sort of things to him. I was stating that since a small minority of Celtic fans wish to act and behave in that mannor I wouldn't be surprised they do that to him. Yes, it will only get worse by I really don't see how we can't just enjoy the football...

Camy
24-04-2011, 01:49 AM
LOL dream on... rangers aint on form.

Unlike Celtic :)
Perhaps, but that doesn't really matter in an old firm match.

Haha Andy your getting +rep for that.

and Andy maybe you should. Biggest game in scotland :P Celtic have around 9 million loyal fans.

Just kinda sucks that rangers fans would send bombs to the celtic manager and 2 fans...
You act like it's a one way street, both sides have their fanatics, and they're what's bringing the game down.

Nah Marky but i see all rangers fans as the same, i know is bad of me to do so but its the way my family is, and will remain to be.
It's called being bigoted and/or stupid.

luce
24-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Right both of you are obviously bias. So lets put it straight. OLD FIRM IS TAKEN TOO SERIOUSLY. yes their is violence in every derby however you don't see city fans sending bombs to fergie? (don't have the brains to make them by w/e) Every other rivalry has a limit but for some reason the scottish people take it too far and it's because of media hype in my opinion.

Let's be honest Celtic and Rangers aren't even that good a team in terms of football - it doesn't take much to win the scottish league they would be mid/bottom PL table fighting for relegation imo this season so it's not even like it's clash of the titans.

I love watching it because there is always a fight - especially with the idiot diouf on the pitch - but my friend comes from Glasgow and she said if you go to her area wearing green you'll get stabbed. that is ridiculous.

DPS
24-04-2011, 11:35 AM
"Let's be honest Celtic and Rangers aren't even that good a team in terms of football" *REMOVED*

Edited by Aiden (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other users

alexxxxx
24-04-2011, 02:55 PM
"Let's be honest Celtic and Rangers aren't even that good a team in terms of football" *REMOVED*
They aren't though are they? Celtic didn't even make it into the champions league group stages and rangers scraped into the europa league and didn't do very well in Europa either. They buy players from championship teams who become stars in the SPL. It's a joke.

Right both of you are obviously bias. So lets put it straight. OLD FIRM IS TAKEN TOO SERIOUSLY. yes their is violence in every derby however you don't see city fans sending bombs to fergie? (don't have the brains to make them by w/e) Every other rivalry has a limit but for some reason the scottish people take it too far and it's because of media hype in my opinion.

I love watching it because there is always a fight - especially with the idiot diouf on the pitch - but my friend comes from Glasgow and she said if you go to her area wearing green you'll get stabbed. that is ridiculous.
They are both complete jokes of a club. The rivalry is completely unhealthy. They both exist just to fuel sectarianism. I'm sure a lot of fans are interested in just the football but a lot of fans are just in it for stupid, hateful reasons.

luce
24-04-2011, 03:00 PM

They aren't. You are clearly bias and have to result to one of the lowest forms of intelligent conversation - sexism. Come out of the dark ages and open your eyes neither team makes it in Europe whereas the PL has 6 teams each of which could get to the CL semi-finals. It's the league the play in which makes them look good.

AgnesIO
24-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Might as well have my say.

Celtic and Rangers are both poor football teams when you look at things in perspective. I would be surprised if they survived in the Premiership for long - they are both far too good for the mediocre football leagues in Scotland, yet not good enough to challenge well in the English Premiership.

Anyone who thinks they are any better than an average Premiership/strong Championship side is probably being bias to their team.

---------- Post added 24-04-2011 at 10:23 PM ----------

They aren't. You are clearly bias and have to result to one of the lowest forms of intelligent conversation - sexism. Come out of the dark ages and open your eyes neither team makes it in Europe whereas the PL has 6 teams each of which could get to the CL semi-finals. It's the league the play in which makes them look good.

Can't rep you until tomorrow, but I will :)

Camy
25-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Edited by Aiden (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other users
Lol, you really need to grow up, the reality is, they aren't great teams, but they're the best we have in Scotland.
Cheers for the -Rep btw :)

DPS
25-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I've returned all the -rep to everyone that has given me it. :)

Edited by sct (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

luce
25-04-2011, 08:08 PM
I've returned all the -rep to everyone that has given me it. :)

and it will just get removed again because it's revenge rep - well done.

DPS
26-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Clearly it isnt revenge -rep, i have a reason.

Clearly you can see posts above from 2/3 people slagging off Celtic FC. That's my reason -rep and a valid one it is.

Back on subject, We're going to win the SPL // SMD

luce
26-04-2011, 08:03 AM

Clearly you can see posts above from 2/3 people slagging off Celtic FC. That's my reason -rep and a valid one it is.

slagging off your football team isn't a valid reason, i was merely commenting on how they would not last or be successful in the PL. Celtic are my favorite scottish team so if anything i would be slating rangers. You need to stop being so fickle if I -repped everyone who slagged of United then i would have no time left to do anything else.

Camy
26-04-2011, 06:04 PM

First of all, I didn't even -Rep you lol.
Secondly, quote me where I was slagging them off?

AgnesIO
26-04-2011, 06:12 PM

Because the rep comment 'returning' is oh so valid. I didn't even **** off your stupid team.

Celtic FC are an average football team. Rangers FC are an average football team. Ever since I was about eight I had favoured Celtic though - and on my first ever football management game I played as Celtic - not my team, Leyton Orient.

JackBuddy
02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
They're scum, the both of them.

DPS
19-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Not nice jack [JENOVA]? loool

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not needlessly bump old threads without adding any valid comment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!