PDA

View Full Version : United

luce
25-04-2011, 08:10 PM
did anyone watch it on BBC2 last night. For those who didn't it was 1 1/2 hour drama reenacting munich and the finding and career of Sir Bobby Charlton. Find it on iplayer :-)

Was in tears all the way through it was spot on. It was a realistic account and not too sensationalized like some dramas are about things which don't have to be!

Such a shame they died so young.

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Yup I watched it, it was brilliant. I loved it. Only thing I thought was a bit disappointing was no actual match footage. Oh well.

Although it seems to have caused uproar with Busby's son saying it was disgusting how he was portrayed etc.

AgnesIO
25-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Yup I watched it, it was brilliant. I loved it. Only thing I thought was a bit disappointing was no actual match footage. Oh well.

Although it seems to have caused uproar with Busby's son saying it was disgusting how he was portrayed etc.

I don't see what was wrong with it myself.

I still have half an hour to go, was watching it whilst watching the football scores come in. Probably wasn't good that at the same moment the guy was reading the people who died from the paper I shouted 'YESSS' because Orient scored.

Has been good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest.

Conservative,
25-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't see what was wrong with it myself.

I still have half an hour to go, was watching it whilst watching the football scores come in. Probably wasn't good that at the same moment the guy was reading the people who died from the paper I shouted 'YESSS' because Orient scored.

Has been good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest.

Apprently Busby was always respectful and the scene where he rings the League boss saying he will play in Europe doesn't portray that. Something like that :/

luce
26-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Apprently Busby was always respectful and the scene where he rings the League boss saying he will play in Europe doesn't portray that. Something like that :/

I think he would have been like that! To have been Busby back then he must have had to do that because he was playing the babes and people were saying he couldn't do it and that the European Cup wouldn't last! I think that's fickle and it wasn't the Matt Busby show if anything it was a memory of those who died in Munich and he was lucky enough not to.

Also i don't think there was any match footage available however i think it was really effect with the text and with the radio commentary it really hit home and it took the emphasis away from the football and onto the real matter i guess.

AgnesIO
26-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I think he would have been like that! To have been Busby back then he must have had to do that because he was playing the babes and people were saying he couldn't do it and that the European Cup wouldn't last! I think that's fickle and it wasn't the Matt Busby show if anything it was a memory of those who died in Munich and he was lucky enough not to.

Also i don't think there was any match footage available however i think it was really effect with the text and with the radio commentary it really hit home and it took the emphasis away from the football and onto the real matter i guess.

You speak so much sense.

The radio commentary kind of put you there, it gave you a feeling that actually, beyond the football, there had been a tragedy, to what was undoubtedly the best team of its time.

-Heart
26-04-2011, 10:40 PM
It was sensational.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!