PDA

View Full Version : Dads Evo IX race car 800BHP

e5
03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Recently my dad bought a fantastic new evo. His first one with a measely 450 bph but this one is almost double the amount of BHP and is just awesome!

Heres a video of it at cadwell park... Theres a few more if you'd like to watch the ones on that account: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVXMJtM_UM

and heres a picture of the car. More available at request.

I'm just wondering if anyone else, either themselves, parents or family have a simliar car? I'm yet to go in the passanger seat of this beauty but i'm going up to scotland soon, so should hopefully get a ride then! It also recently lost it's front bumper and splitter, it costs a nasty amount of money!

p.s this is by no means showing off - I just thought car ensthuasts would be interested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVXMJtM_UM

GommeInc
03-05-2011, 07:49 PM
70mph through corners? What madness! :O Do you have any external pictures? The one you posted didn't come up.

My brother has a P1 Subaru which is monstrous to be in the front seat of :P

e5
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Haha, this driver is awesome! :) That picture was supposed to be of the car, i'll try get one to show up!

---------- Post added 03-05-2011 at 10:33 PM ----------

Here we go, hopefully:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/Ell090/dadsevo.png

tdi
03-05-2011, 11:44 PM
awesome that, any shots of the bay? and are they advans?

GommeInc
04-05-2011, 01:09 AM
That's a pretty good looking car your dad has there :P The Evo IX always seemed prettier to me. The Evo X looks too similar to the Lancer to be of any significant importance now :/

Metric1
04-05-2011, 03:44 AM
if BHP is the same as HP, that's nuts! Is it AWD?

GommeInc
04-05-2011, 11:08 AM
if BHP is the same as HP, that's nuts! Is it AWD?
I think they're both the same thing. Brake horsepower is the full name because the test uses a brake fixed to the engine to keep a steady RPM to make the test reliable and successful. It's a hell of a lot anyway, isn't the Bugatti Veyron something like 1,000 BHP?

Metric1
04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
That's mad fast. We have a S65 and I think it makes a little over 600 HP and that car is FAST and it's a boat.

Hecktix
04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
70mph through corners at Cadwell Park is more than plenty, I wouldn't want to trash my £90k GT3 round a circuit which is known to be dangerous.

tdi
05-05-2011, 12:25 AM
edit; ignore this. just me being a ****.

Zak
05-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't really have a car like this, but my dad does have a Porsche Cayman S.

He was going to buy a Maserati Gran Turismo, he even put down the deposit. But my dearest mother wouldn't sell her SLK so he basically lost £3,000 for nothing :l

I was actually driving home from Coventry the other day and was passed doing 90 by a Maserati. It just looked like a beast of a car, must have been going 100-110mph.

Metric1
05-05-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't really have a car like this, but my dad does have a Porsche Cayman S.

He was going to buy a Maserati Gran Turismo, he even put down the deposit. But my dearest mother wouldn't sell her SLK so he basically lost £3,000 for nothing :l

I was actually driving home from Coventry the other day and was passed doing 90 by a Maserati. It just looked like a beast of a car, must have been going 100-110mph.

I would have sold it for her, that's tragic.

Ajthedragon
05-05-2011, 07:28 AM
How is it possible to stop the front tyres spinning with that amount of BHP? :P Most of the power go to the back?

How much did he buy it for?

Zak
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I would have sold it for her, that's tragic.

Ikr. My mum is a bit of a toff, she said she wouldn't drive round in a 'normal car' it has to be expensive with her. Pisses me off!

The Maserati would be amazing. He keeps going on about it too, which is a good sign. I think he'll get something like that - although he says he's done with flashy cars now as he's almost 54. I don't believe that though :P He's always wanted a Ferrari, but you just can't park it anywhere in the UK. People are so jealous.

His Porsche has been key'd twice already and that isn't even a good car!

danzooo
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
How is it possible to stop the front tyres spinning with that amount of BHP? :P Most of the power go to the back?

Maybe cos it's 4WD? :facepalm:

Mental car that, shame we only get to see a little bit of what it can really do at the end.

Shots of the bay plz!

Metric1
05-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Ikr. My mum is a bit of a toff, she said she wouldn't drive round in a 'normal car' it has to be expensive with her. Pisses me off!

The Maserati would be amazing. He keeps going on about it too, which is a good sign. I think he'll get something like that - although he says he's done with flashy cars now as he's almost 54. I don't believe that though :P He's always wanted a Ferrari, but you just can't park it anywhere in the UK. People are so jealous.

His Porsche has been key'd twice already and that isn't even a good car!

We've never had a noticeable key job done to any of our vehicles (thank-god) just a Mercedes star ornament stolen from the front of one of our old Merc's. We don't exactly keep our vehicles "immaculate" so dents here and there don't bother us. My mom and her boyfriend looked at a Quattroporte but they hated the transmission (used, didn't have new type) so they ruled it out.

I think all/most rally cars are AWD???

Ajthedragon
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe cos it's 4WD? :facepalm:

Mental car that, shame we only get to see a little bit of what it can really do at the end.

Shots of the bay plz!

I ain't thick. The front wheels would still spin like mad.

e5
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
My dad is 57 and still plays with his cars!! I'm not really the one to be answering all these questions, haha. Heres some of the other vids of his car... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umLpfxQIeu8
audio is a bit funny as there was a loose mic!

tdi
05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I ain't thick. The front wheels would still spin like mad.

4WD cars usually have a 60/40 power ratio, obviously with all the mods to this car it would have launch control, plus the tyres would be half decent too. you want it to be slightly tail happy for cornering.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!