PDA

View Full Version : Have you been Fishing?

Calvin
09-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Many people haven't fished in their lives so have you ever been Fishing? If yes then state what type of fishing (Freshwater, Fly, Sea) and what you caught.

If no, would you ever like to?

I've been fishing multiple times, always been Freshwater. My biggest Fish was a Carp weighing 10lb on a Pole and biggest weight was 47lb. :)

Neversoft
09-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, sea and freshwater fishing. Caught trout and stuff. My Grandad has his own boat so we usually go fishing whenever we visit him in Wales. I enjoy fishing, it's such a relaxing and enjoyable activity. Wish I could do it more often.

Nicola
09-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I used to go sea fishing with my dad and my brother a lot. I don't think I ever caught anything myself but my dad used to catch a lot. I would tell you what but I really can't remember because this was years and years ago. I actually quite enjoyed it and they were always really nice days out, do a bit fishing, do some exploring and get some fish and chips for the journey home :D My favourite bit was when we got home and I would watch my dad gut the fish. I know it sounds so gross but I found it really interesting haha.

Neversoft
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I always fancied a life as a fisherman. I bet if I lived near the sea it would be my most frequent pastime. I remember my Grandad said once when he was fishing alone he caught this HUGE fish but a big wave came along and swept it away. Everyone thinks it's just an old fisherman's tale and no one believes him though, haha.

j0rd
09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Ye I'm level 99.
I used to go to Gower to do lake fishing, that was a long time ago though. I haven't been in a couple of years, hoping to go this summer!

scott
09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I used to go sea fishing with my dad and my brother a lot. I don't think I ever caught anything myself but my dad used to catch a lot. I would tell you what but I really can't remember because this was years and years ago. I actually quite enjoyed it and they were always really nice days out, do a bit fishing, do some exploring and get some fish and chips for the journey home :D My favourite bit was when we got home and I would watch my dad gut the fish. I know it sounds so gross but I found it really interesting haha.

I went fishing when I was younger with my uncle and I didn't like it :( I guess it doesn't really help if you don't like fish in general +o( and lol Nicola gutting fish is the worst bit and you loved it?!

Nicola
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I went fishing when I was younger with my uncle and I didn't like it :( I guess it doesn't really help if you don't like fish in general +o( and lol Nicola gutting fish is the worst bit and you loved it?!

Yeahhh because once he cut open a fish and there were loads of little fishes inside :( idk why but I found it fascinating.

Chris
09-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Nope Ive never been fishing, although I would quite like to give it a go. ^_^

luce
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
yeah off a peir like not far out from the shore and caught a fish like 8cm long with this pathetic rod then got to scared to touch it so my friends dad had to get the hook out. It's obviously not for me.

Catzsy
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I have been fishing on Lake Michigan and off the coast of Portugal. Loved it more for the atmosphere and scenery than the actual fishing.

Jordan
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes I have haha, I loved it!

Aidenn
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I used to always go Fresh Water Fishing,

Now i generally go to Lakes / Canals with my trusty sidekick, the Pole and rigs ;p

Calvin
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, sea and freshwater fishing. Caught trout and stuff. My Grandad has his own boat so we usually go fishing whenever we visit him in Wales. I enjoy fishing, it's such a relaxing and enjoyable activity. Wish I could do it more often.I've never been fishing on a boat, was it one of those little small ones? And where abouts in Wales? :)

I used to go sea fishing with my dad and my brother a lot. I don't think I ever caught anything myself but my dad used to catch a lot. I would tell you what but I really can't remember because this was years and years ago. I actually quite enjoyed it and they were always really nice days out, do a bit fishing, do some exploring and get some fish and chips for the journey home :D My favourite bit was when we got home and I would watch my dad gut the fish. I know it sounds so gross but I found it really interesting haha.Haha, I've only seen one fish being gutted and that was a Pike we caught. Looked quite sick.

I always fancied a life as a fisherman. I bet if I lived near the sea it would be my most frequent pastime. I remember my Grandad said once when he was fishing alone he caught this HUGE fish but a big wave came along and swept it away. Everyone thinks it's just an old fisherman's tale and no one believes him though, haha.That seems true to me :O

I used to always go Fresh Water Fishing,

Now i generally go to Lakes / Canals with my trusty sidekick, the Pole and rigs ;pSame, well I haven't been fishing in a while but I still have my pole, seatbox and tackle somewhere. Used to love the Pole though, when you use it you never go back to the rod much.

Neversoft
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I've never been fishing on a boat, was it one of those little small ones? And where abouts in Wales? :)

The boat is a fair size - not huge but not tiny either. And we go fishing off the coast of Pembrokeshire. :)

Shar
10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I'd like to go fishing, it looks like a nice chilled out activity

Samantha
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I've been fishing at like lake, ponds and rivers and I love it, I tend to catch carp more than anything an occasional bream, perch and tench too!

I have my licsence for this year ready so I'll probably be going again soon! :)!

JerseySafety
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I've been freshwater/river/lake fly fishing, salt water fishing and game fishing - biggest fish was my Blue Marlin - 228kg :P

Ajthedragon
11-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Nope, never. I'd like to though!

Casio
11-05-2011, 08:18 AM
I have been fishing, I have been mainly sea fishing with a few times even on a boat just near France (I live in England) caught some Cod, Codlin, Cat Fish :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!