PDA

View Full Version : I just don't care about exams

danzooo
09-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I have an unconditional offer for uni which I've accepted and I am going off to start there on 15th September.

However, today was my last day ever of school and I am now on study leave, with my first exam starting next week.

But, I can't help but feel completely carefree, and I have never been so de-motivated to do any revision. I've always been fine when it comes to it - past two years I would happily shut myself in the dining room and revise for hours on end, but now, I just couldn't care less? It's totally not me at all.

I understand that whatever happens this year, it doesn't matter because I'm in to university, but I myself am naturally terrified of failure, and I couldn't bear to see any rubbish results later on this year.

Anyone else in the same position? :(

lawrawrrr
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes - exactly same position as you - I've got a week left of school, and I've almost completely given up now. The only thing making me do a little bit of revision is being scared of failing in my teachers/parents eyes, but I'm yet to start 'proper' revision and my first exam is in like a month. Meh ;l

I'm going to Aberystwyth and they've said they might retract the offer if I do REALLY badly at exams - and you have to remember that your A Levels are gonna be on your CV forever, and I've just been told that employers will kinda say 'She gave up at school cos she had an unconditional offer? Do we want her working here?'... well that's the general gist, so that's kinda spurred me working a little bit more :)

Robbie
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah i cba whatsoever. can't bring myself to revise. need BBB to get into my firm. ugh.

-:Undertaker:-
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes - exactly same position as you - I've got a week left of school, and I've almost completely given up now. The only thing making me do a little bit of revision is being scared of failing in my teachers/parents eyes, but I'm yet to start 'proper' revision and my first exam is in like a month. Meh ;l

I'm going to Aberystwyth and they've said they might retract the offer if I do REALLY badly at exams - and you have to remember that your A Levels are gonna be on your CV forever, and I've just been told that employers will kinda say 'She gave up at school cos she had an unconditional offer? Do we want her working here?'... well that's the general gist, so that's kinda spurred me working a little bit more :)

Oooh I stayed there last summer on a geograpy trip, the town is pretty bland (not a student type place) but it is a nice place, goodluck getting in there. Myself, well I think i'm consigned to the fact i'm resitting A2 next year as its all gone to pot - do I care all that much though? not really.

lawrawrrr
09-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Oooh I stayed there last summer on a geograpy trip, the town is pretty bland (not a student type place) but it is a nice place, goodluck getting in there. Myself, well I think i'm consigned to the fact i'm resitting A2 next year as its all gone to pot - do I care all that much though? not really.

I've been there twice, it's totally my scene, I'm not really into huge nightclubs and parties so it's like perfect for me :) Can't wait to start, booked my accommodation last week, going back soon! YAY!

Hecktix
09-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I would urge anybody to do well in their A levels or equivalent as if University doesn't work out for you - good A levels are good to fall back on, I have had several friends who either dropped out of uni after the first year or failed because they found it too hard/didn't like the subject - their good A levels have either got them reasonable jobs or onto another university course that they enjoyed more.

Technologic
09-05-2011, 10:28 PM
need aaa to get in and im literally dying under the pressure. the only thing keeping me going is in 8 weeks ill be care free

redtom
10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
if you have an unconditional offer I guess your track record is pretty high, even without revision you would probably get C's easily. But as your capable of more why not get higher grades while you can? You'll regret it if you don't.

ahtelliott
10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Same here, I know what you're going through! I had already made the decision of going to college and doing A-levels, but now I've changed my mind and want to go straight into work. I also can't be bothered anymore, but hopefully, when it gets closer to the exams, I'll realise how important they are! I also don't want to be stuck in a shop doing the same thing for the rest of my life, but why can't I see this? Hope everything works out for you mate! :)

Catzsy
10-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I think when the time starts running out you will do it! Everybody is different.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!