PDA

View Full Version : King Kenny Confirmed as Liverpool Manager until 2014

Conservative,
12-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Kenny Dalglish has signed a new three-year contract as Liverpool manager.

The 60-year-old Scot has been rewarded with an extended deal after taking over in January in a caretaker role following Roy Hodgson's sacking.

"I'm obviously delighted to be given the opportunity," Dalglish told the club website.

"When we came back in January, there were no promises as to what to expect, so for me it was an ideal opportunity to prove I had something to offer."

The former Scotland striker, who famously graced the club as a player in the 1970s and 80s, became player-manager at Anfield in 1985 following the retirement of Joe Fagan, winning the league and FA Cup double in his first season at the helm.

His success as a manager is incredible. I'm really excited about what he can bring back to us. Not only is he brining experience, but passion as an ex-player. I feel good things coming for us next year.

Cwmbran
13-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Im by no means a liverpool supporter. More of a neutral tbh but this can only mean good things for Liverpool if they spend correctly they could be challenging for the title next season.

Deak
13-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Im by no means a liverpool supporter. More of a neutral tbh but this can only mean good things for Liverpool if they spend correctly they could be challenging for the title next season.

This ^^

Always knew that he would get a contract...

Conservative,
13-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah I agree. He'll be trusted with more money now, and if he spends it wisely (I wouldn't mind a new midfielder, Defender or goalkeeper tbh), then we can definitely put up a fight - especially the way we're playing atm.

Bradobbin
13-05-2011, 09:13 AM
What a brilliant decision. I hate the club, players and the majority of supporters, but I agree that he's the right man for the job, and a talented and modest man also!

Conservative,
13-05-2011, 04:26 PM
What a brilliant decision. I hate the club, players and the majority of supporters, but I agree that he's the right man for the job, and a talented and modest man also!

*cough* your sig *cough*

redtom
13-05-2011, 04:33 PM

http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

How can you say that when you're clearly bumming Torres, ex-liverpool star turned one of the worst players at Chelsea

Arron
13-05-2011, 04:38 PM
That was a good laugh out loud moment.

luce
13-05-2011, 06:51 PM
lol at them being 7/4 to finish above united next year - i know he's your "king" but he's no match to the god that is the best manager there ever was. no bias. But in all seriousness Liverpool fans get so excited over things easily that is why you're always crying over how much you underperform has it ever occurred to you that you're not underperforming but you just have your expectations too high? Man City and Chelsea are underperforming but you do have a squad with no massive super stars you have Carra, Renia and Gerrard who are experienced and do the job and i think in a couple of years Maxi, Suarez and Carroll will be running riot. Maybe in a couple of years when Kenny has a chance to prune the squad a bit more but i think, like city, fans are expecting too much too soon..

that answer was longer than i wanted it to be. i only wanted to make a joke and leave.

redtom
13-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Considering we've out played you since Kenny took charge, the "best manager ever" isn't doing so well against the guy who hasn't managed for a while. Statistically if Liverpool were to keep their form, even if united played like they did this season Liverpool would come out on top next season.

Conservative,
13-05-2011, 10:17 PM
lol at them being 7/4 to finish above united next year - i know he's your "king" but he's no match to the god that is the best manager there ever was. no bias. But in all seriousness Liverpool fans get so excited over things easily that is why you're always crying over how much you underperform has it ever occurred to you that you're not underperforming but you just have your expectations too high? Man City and Chelsea are underperforming but you do have a squad with no massive super stars you have Carra, Renia and Gerrard who are experienced and do the job and i think in a couple of years Maxi, Suarez and Carroll will be running riot. Maybe in a couple of years when Kenny has a chance to prune the squad a bit more but i think, like city, fans are expecting too much too soon..

that answer was longer than i wanted it to be. i only wanted to make a joke and leave.

City have good players, but no team chemistry. That's why they don't play as well as they should.

Liverpool have been playing awesomely compared to United recently. All we need is Kenny to be given some money in the summer to buy a few new players. We need a new keeper to replace Reina (he's getting old). We need a new defender - we have some good youth players but Carra will retire soon so it'd be nice to replace him. Our striking power is brilliant at the moment (Suarez, Kuyt & Maxi are doing more than enough, Carroll will be back to full fitness soon). Fergie is overrated. Liverpool are not over-expecting, they just expect to play like they did in the 80s. Maybe that's ambitious, but we expect the best.

luce
14-05-2011, 08:47 AM
City have good players, but no team chemistry. That's why they don't play as well as they should.

Liverpool have been playing awesomely compared to United recently. All we need is Kenny to be given some money in the summer to buy a few new players. We need a new keeper to replace Reina (he's getting old). We need a new defender - we have some good youth players but Carra will retire soon so it'd be nice to replace him. Our striking power is brilliant at the moment (Suarez, Kuyt & Maxi are doing more than enough, Carroll will be back to full fitness soon). Fergie is overrated. Liverpool are not over-expecting, they just expect to play like they did in the 80s. Maybe that's ambitious, but we expect the best.

No he has the trophies time and time and time again to prove that he's not. United have been constantly great and never had to dip out to re-build a team like the other big 4 have we have been persistently challenging.

Conservative,
14-05-2011, 09:03 AM
He's been manager for 25 years. He didn't win a trophy for the first 3 years. He won the league after 6. His win percentage of games is only 59.25% at Man U. Really, he's not that good, he just has a good team.

JackBuddy
14-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't know how anyone can call Fergie over rated. His tactics and decision making are rarely wrong and more importantly the mentality he gives his players is unbelievable. With regards to Liverpool/Dalgleish, I'll wait till next season to judge them. Spurs had top 3/4 form after Harry came in and rescued them from relegation then things died down a bit. Liverpool still have loads of gaps in their team. They need somebody to sit alongside Lucas, a natural winger, a left back, centre back and a striker. I don't rate Rodriguez and Carroll will be found out soon. I wouldn't entirely be happy with Comolli in charge of transfers too.

Also how on earth is a 28 year old Reina too old?

brandon
14-05-2011, 04:30 PM
If he loans Dani Pacheco to Norwich next season then yeah amazing appointment

Lamz
15-05-2011, 03:49 PM
*cough* your sig *cough*

lol, i was thinking the same thing!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!